MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stephen293
on my N1 the backup rom will load and work, and all apps will function as normal, but any new download from Market will stuck at "starting download" or "verifying purchase" part with no progress. I didnt notice it for half the day and only discovered it when i was trying to update one of my apps.

I have tried that on nandroid backups from ERE27 stock & rooted, ERE36B stock & rooted, on both ERE27 and ERE36B radio...the problem seems consistent at least on my N1,that Market dont function correctly after direct nandroid restore from alpha 7 with 1 wipe.. It could be something weird with my nandroid backup but it seems the proecss I posted above solve the problem...just in case someone else come across the same issue.

cezent I am having the EXACT same problem you are having. Are you backing up your apps through mybackup or titanium backup? I noticed that if I go straight to the market prior to restoring apps all the downloads work perfectly fine. However once apps are restored through mybackup (in my case) that's when Market gets stuck at "starting downloading" or "verifying purchase."

Guest Simon Walker

Paul,

Any chance of updating the known issues and possible work-arounds in the OP.

This will also help to stop people re-submitting issues in your thread.

Issues I've found in Alpha 7:

• Track Ball Illumination notification is not working on some devices.
  • Cannot mount the SD as a drive to the PC.
    Work-around: Use MountUSB from market
  • Occasional re-boots when receiving phone calls.

[DOWNLOAD OFFLINE, FIXING INSTALL ISSUE]

Dont know if anyone posted this or not I usually search but um too excited now, if you go into settings-programs--manage programs and clear the defaults in HTC Sense u will get the Nexus 5 screens with the 3D Launcher

Guest Mi|enko
Paul,

Any chance of updating the known issues and possible work-arounds in the OP.

This will also help to stop people re-submitting issues in your thread.

Issues I've found in Alpha 7:

• Track Ball Illumination notification is not working on some devices.
  • Cannot mount the SD as a drive to the PC.
    Work-around: Use MountUSB from market
  • Occasional re-boots when receiving phone calls.

Using this to get trackball notifications for SMS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628809

Guest iVisionX01

Could someone help me out I have one small problem. Whenever an app asks for super user permissions the phone hangs on a black screen and I can't do anything until it asks me if I wanna force close or not. I need my root apps >.<

Guest DiscoScan

If any of you have an OC'ed Desire ROM and working WiFi please PM me. I'd be interested in which zimage Kernel / .ko combination you're using.

Thanks to all and especially Paul for all your hard work!

Guest Vegito168
Any command with ADB is done wither with the phone fully booted or Recovery though either Terminal or the command line (on windows)

AWESOME! Thanks a million!

Guest kremer4

I can't get google voice to work as voicemail service other then that thus rocks. Hopefully Google voice and Bluetooth will work soon

Edited by kremer4

Guest gnasher666

Paul,

I just wanted to say thank you. I know you hear it all the time :-)

I get bored of mobile phones so very quickly, they get sold on for a loss then I get the next best thing. What you've done is allow me to experience the fun of a new phone without the hassel of selling / buying it.

I've not experienced anything yet to put me off using this as my main rom.

Next stop - Ad Free membership.

Thanks again.

Guest kash521

Here's a SERIOUS problem, I am looking at my battery usage, and it is showing "Cell Standby" as consuming the most. What is more disturbing is that when I click on it to see the details, its saying that "Time without a signal" is 61% !! I have been at home all day where I have decent signal, but after flashing MoDaCo's Sense UI, my signal has randomly been dropping. Anyone else having this problem????? :D

Guest bobtentpeg
Here's a SERIOUS problem, I am looking at my battery usage, and it is showing "Cell Standby" as consuming the most. What is more disturbing is that when I click on it to see the details, its saying that "Time without a signal" is 61% !! I have been at home all day where I have decent signal, but after flashing MoDaCo's Sense UI, my signal has randomly been dropping. Anyone else having this problem????? :D

I do believe if you're running the .29 kernel, then those stats are misreported

Guest JimmyFraser

Ive had to move away from this rom today.

overnight it used 50% battery with wifi turned off, 2g network, no mobile data enabled.

I too am seeing cell standby chewing up all my battery

Hopefully this is addressed in future builds.

Guest manup456

Battery is great on mine. :D

Also everything works on mine just camera flash and f.m radio are the only things pairing also with dock is a prob but a lot of these other issues I dont see.

I just added MountUSB app and teather apps which there is a new one on code.google if you search tether.

@paul

Great work again cant say it enough,been looking around to find what in the rom is controlling the flash of the camera. If I do get it working ill be sure to let you know.

snap20100221_214254.png

Edited by manup456

Guest manup456

Just got apps2SD going and loving it,fresh flash 146mb jumping ext3 size since frame and all that are running out of data it ate all my ext3 space :D

Edited by manup456

Anyone can get Internet Sharing feature working ?

I change 'Connect to PC' option to Internet Sharing and then try to enable it in Mobile & Network setting but no success ..

My N1 connected to PC and 3G is on.

I already verify that I can use internet in N1.

Guest UsualSuspect
I can't get google voice to work as voicemail service other then that thus rocks. Hopefully Google voice and Bluetooth will work soon

I've been using YouMail for a while now, before I had the Nexus One. On my BlackBerry 8900 and now my Nexus One, give it a try you'll like it.

So do you guys all have duplicates in your contacts list or is it just me?

I believe we all are, but still, I have to admit that it is considered as minor issue..

If you really can't stand, you could delete all SIM contact to get rid of duplicated list. But I rather wait for a better solution.