MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest muncheese
I heard some people in here mention baking the ROM with the default messaging app to get around mms issues...

I have the stock Nexus one ROM and a few version of Cyan ROMs on my SD card...anyway to install the stock messaging app from a zip?

I found in Cyan ROM Mms in /system/app...

Copy it to your adb directory, start adb, and do the following:

adb remount

adb push Mms.apk /system/app/Mms.apk

Someone on xda says it's force closing on them though.

Edited by muncheese

Guest Chris 85

Hi - I'm really sorry if this has been answered already, please forgive me, I'm not being lazy, I've just manually looked through the past 10+ pages and done a search, but I just wanted to check if anyone else was still having the problem whereby they cannot send a text over 160 chars after updating to R22 Alpha?

I've completely wiped before updating, so if it's just me, does anyone have any advice with regards to getting it sorted? If its not just me then it's cool I'm more than happy to wait for the next update.

Thanks again to Paul - really appreciate all your hard work, and thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it! :)

I heard some people in here mention baking the ROM with the default messaging app to get around mms issues...

I have the stock Nexus one ROM and a few version of Cyan ROMs on my SD card...anyway to install the stock messaging app from a zip?

I found in Cyan ROM Mms in /system/app...

I remember a post from Paul saying the messages database format changed in r22, which is why the stock messaging app wasn't there anymore in the kitchen.. Not sure that pushing the stock one on top will work at this point. you can try of course, I won't :)

sns

Guest charronegro1971

hey paul,

i just flashed the r22 rom and it definitely runs smoother and faster than the r21. the only problem is i don't get any internet coverage w/o wifi turned on. i initially flashed the rom w/o wiping from r21 then i did a wipe and started fresh but the problem is the same. i didn't add any additions when flashing the rom and i was sure to wipe everything. can you help me?

Guest master_beta
hey paul,

i just flashed the r22 rom and it definitely runs smoother and faster than the r21. the only problem is i don't get any internet coverage w/o wifi turned on. i initially flashed the rom w/o wiping from r21 then i did a wipe and started fresh but the problem is the same. i didn't add any additions when flashing the rom and i was sure to wipe everything. can you help me?

If you're on T-Mobile: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/303...0/#entry1273344

Settings -> Wireless and networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> Menu button -> New APN -> enter the information in that post ^^

Guest zebradude
Anyone having problems sending MMS? Is there a fix? T-Mobile, USA

I've set APN already.

Yep,

I am having the same issue! any solutions? *fixed the MMS but the pictures are very tiny?*

Ps. r22 is wonderful!

Edited by zebradude

Guest master_beta
Yep,

I am having the same issue! any solutions?

Ps. r22 is wonderful!

I'm also on T-Mobile USA and can send/receive MMS/SMS fine. I'm using the APN settings posted on page 296 and Handcent SMS (if that would have anything to do with it).

Guest master_beta
Hi All, any know issue in r22???

Can Bluetooth work well??

Blue Tooth picks up my neighbor's printer but not my desktop dock. I don't have anything else to test with like a BT headset or anything else for the phone :)

Guest MrAce87

my browser only seems to work with wifi but not with data. ive had this problem before and i cant seem to find a fix. ive wiped everything and flashed numerous times and it still doesnt work. any ideas?

Guest Simon5558
my browser only seems to work with wifi but not with data. ive had this problem before and i cant seem to find a fix. ive wiped everything and flashed numerous times and it still doesnt work. any ideas?

You need to manually insert your provider's APN details (Look in the previous pages..)

Guest MrAce87
You need to manually insert your provider's APN details (Look in the previous pages..)

i should have been more specific. my data settings are fine, i have always had to put them in myself after a flash. my weather updates fine on data. everything thats supposed to work on data works perfectly fine. when it comes to my browser, it just doesnt work. turn on wifi, and it works like a charm. ive had this issue since a19

Guest Batkoto

Hi Paul,

Is there a chance for default browser in kitchen.

Reason, don't really like the full screen browsing when using the Desire ROM Browser.

Appreciate

Guest mlemonds

My manage applications keeps crashing whenever i try to access it. Happening to anyone else?

Installed on a freshly wiped system. No A2SD

Guest Batkoto
My manage applications keeps crashing whenever i try to access it. Happening to anyone else?

Try rebooting, if that is not solving the issue, re-flash :)

Guest yankyjz

If you have"locale" installed on your phone then manage apps will force close. If you uninstall locale it will work again.

Guest NXUS

seems like after flashing r22 i have no contacts app anymore :) i cannot find it anywhere and i think it is gone, how do i get it back?

Guest Hasibul

You could do what I did and use Darktremor's A2SD over at XDA.

Guest mlemonds
If you have"locale" installed on your phone then manage apps will force close. If you uninstall locale it will work again.

uninstalled locale, rebooted and still force closing.

Guest Grein Zhang

Hi paul , thanks for your great job.

And Someone could tell me how to add a new language support?

yeah, i found it..

Edited by Grein Zhang