MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest korhanes

HTC sense port is working way better then the stock rom. Now there's a significant time increase with the battery, APNdroid doensnt badword up my APN's, 3g is way faster, also all the programs way faster. But there's three issues for me, and I should inform these.

1) BOOTING IS PAIN IN THE ASS!! It takes 3-4 minutes to boot!

2) When I answer the incoming call it opens as handsfree for 1-2 seconds and then switches to normal speaker volume. also When I make a call the reciver of the called person can hear my voice after 1-2 seconds when they answer my phone.

3) The phone itself getting warm if I surf on 3g or use a program or take a photo etc. anything makes the phone go warm and it's like real hot.

PS. I should add this as a note; when I first installed the rom it was just giving constant errors with all apps. and it was asking my to force close every app used to run in background foreground etc. I did a wipe and reinstall the rom and it worked smoothly.

Guest Nebhet
Hmm, so with this ROM, we're back to the inability to send concatenated (>160 character) SMS's again. Any easy fix Paul?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

This is big issue for me... fix needed

Guest Docmjldds
Share your knowledge...!

Edit: Dammit! You have caught me! Where in the hell is my attachment.... *rofl*

OK, try again....

I hope, here it is.

Sweet. Wasn't sure at first if this would do anything, but coincidentally had 9 market updates and the installing animation would seem to just stay and not go to actually downloading...prior to running the fix. Yes, for maybe 15 seconds or so, it was a bit slow, but then automagically I basically clicked on all those updates and before I could even blink, I had about seven of those down arrow markers to clear. Thanks for the fix.

Guest desull

No more 3d gallery?

Will the 3d gallery apk for the Nexus work on this? I cant seem to find it, but did find one made for the Desire and the install fails...

Edited by desull

Guest Season_Bay
No more 3d gallery?

Will the 3d gallery apk for the Nexus work on this? I cant seem to find it, but did find one made for the Desire and the install fails...

I was able to pull the apk out of previous room and upload it to the kitchen and have it working...and yes i like the 3d gallery better than the photo app as well:)

Guest Shmoopty
Probably not i'm afraid...

P

These updates alone are appreciated, Paul.

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect others agree.

It must be a busy month for you, with all that's been going on with Android. I hope your fancy-pants vacationing recharged you enough! :rolleyes:

I know that this is off topic but i see that some of you have your speedtest.net results litsed. I saw one person that was 1.5 mps down. It was from cincinatti I was wondering what network you are on. We just got 3g where i am and i think it isnt turn up the whole way i get .52 down and .64 up. Does that sound wrong to you guys???

Guest Hasibul

I've been using the Desire ROM for a while now and it still has a lot of kinks that I'd like fixed. Like the Messaging App still sends really bad MMS pictures, even with the APN settings in correctly. In addition, Trackball Alert just completely died for me. It won't work on this ROM but it'll work on any other ROM. There are a lot of other bugs in it that really bother me so I guess I'll be waiting for the BETA to come out. Hopefully that comes out soon, before Froyo as well.

Maybe even a Froyo Desire blend :rolleyes:

Guest back2msg
You said; wipe.........and what did you wipe exactly?? I assuming that you rooted your phone and had another custom rom installed before you were trying to get Desire. If so, you probably forgot to wipe ext........... that has happened to me too. So i went back to recovery, wiped everything, ext included, and BOOM! All was good.

i did the wipe for all the 3 data/factory reset, cache and dalvik-cache. after rooting desire was the first rom i tried but i can't go through so i rolled back to the shipping rom still i am unable to get desire rom. do i wan't to wipe sd:ext partition

Guest nxsone

im a really newbie in here , so here it is :

i love this rom and my only problem is that i use mms more than anything else and no matter what i do to fix it my mms , if i try sending a pic it would say unable to send , and if someone send me a pic its all blurry or small in size .

i tried apn settings , even trying to get the mms.apk from cyanogen and place it on r22 and with no luck so if anyone knows how can i have the stock mms.apk in desire,

and i remember this being an option in the kitchen , maybe i am wrong ... tnks

Guest Autinhyeu
Hmm, so with this ROM, we're back to the inability to send concatenated (>160 character) SMS's again. Any easy fix Paul?

Thanks! :D

The same problem :(

Pls fix it :(

Thanks for this ROM, it's very great :rolleyes:

Guest elmerendeiro

Hi guys i want to report some issues i'm facing with r22:

- if i wipe data and dalvik, then i can't reboot, the phone hangs on the coloured x...need to reflash the rom to get it work

- the softkeys backlight turns on and off, hard to use them during the night because it's mostly off

- i think there is also an issue with auto-brightness, because i'm in a completely dark room now but brightness auto sets on a very bright level maybe 100%, i think the softkeys backlight problem could be related to this...

It all works fine with stock Android ROM

However, great job paul! Keep up to good work! :rolleyes:

Guest elmerendeiro

Thanks! :rolleyes:

same here :D

Guest amirx

Dear all, i got problem. Dont know you all aware or not. I recently update from r17 to r22. My exchange mail work perfectly after update, I set As items arrived (push). But after fews hours, i have to manually update, my push setting not working. Does anyone know what is the issues ? Thanks :rolleyes:

I got it. I need to enable sync, inorder to enable push email :D

Edited by amirx

Guest PeRKoniX

Thanks! :D

Same here :rolleyes:

Guest fuzio1963
i did the wipe for all the 3 data/factory reset, cache and dalvik-cache. after rooting desire was the first rom i tried but i can't go through so i rolled back to the shipping rom still i am unable to get desire rom. do i wan't to wipe sd:ext partition

You need to wipe ext as well. I already said that before.

Guest Docmjldds
You need to wipe ext as well. I already said that before.

Never mind. I meant to post he wasn't probably using apps2sd, but he is.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest Kruzkal

Nice build. I miss the custom keyboard though. I am a fast typer and under 200ms to get to the secondary key was great. And voice to text. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kruzkal

Guest Batkoto
Nice build. I miss the custom keyboard though. I am a fast typer and under 200ms to get to the secondary key was great. And voice to text. :rolleyes:

Try swype, it's extremely fast and keyboard is pretty good too

Guest Docmjldds

I like swype too as the other user posted, but here is what you want.

[MOD] HTC_IME (29th April) v25

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5475283

Specifically here is the file name. htc_ime_jonasl_hires_25.zip

The site has good directions for easy install. You get back that custom KB including the mic I included a couple of screen shots.

post-651740-1274477476_thumb.png

post-651740-1274477507_thumb.png

Guest Deathwish238

Does Swype work on this Desire ROM? I couldn't get it to.

I own both...iPhone and N1 and I still prefer the iPhone because of the APPS. At the moment they are way ahead of Android Markets offerings, even in quality.

Any examples you can offer? The Android market does have some apps that Apple won't allow...so while the iPhone OS has more apps, Android still has unique ones.

I never had a problem with iPhones screen, yeah it's kind of small nowadays, but I'm eagerly waiting for summer and the next iPhone. And I hope the rumors for full feature expose type of multitasking is coming to iPhone OS. That's acutally the only thing I kind of miss while using iPhone.

I even like the one-button-to-do-the-job thing with the iPhone. Nexus one has 4 buttons, which I rarely use. only use the home key very often, the others are pretty much not needed (ok, the back button is ok, but that could be done easily without it, with the touch screen).

It's not really one button to do the job as much as it is only having a Home button. I use the back and search buttons all the time and the menu button on occasion. Plus the trackball is useful.

Not gonna start the flame war which your rant would cause if this wouldn't be a android specific forum :rolleyes:

But as you figure yourself...iPhone will never dualboot any other OS. PERIOD. Apple won't allow that, and why would they. They have a app store which is pure gold compared to the competitors (atleast at the moment). And if Verizon would request something like that...well apple would just turn Verizon down, they don't actually need them if they request something like that, you know that right? Of course dreaming is always nice =)

And for the 4G part...there are pretty much no 4G networks in Europe for example, and in US there is only the sprints network if I'm right (i live in scandinavia so I have no idea). Here the operators are just now starting to look to 4G networks and starting to invest to them. So no 4G chip in iPhone this year.

I realize this is an old post, but what's funny is that they now have Android dual booting on the iPhone. I also like being able to return apps...sometimes you buy an app that turns out to be not worth it.

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest Batkoto
Does Swype work on this Desire ROM? I couldn't get it to.

Any examples you can offer? The Android market does have some apps that Apple won't allow...so while the iPhone OS has more apps, Android still has unique ones.

It's not really one button to do the job as much as it is only having a Home button. I use the back and search buttons all the time and the menu button on occasion. Plus the trackball is useful.

I realize this is an old post, but what's funny is that they now have Android dual booting on the iPhone. I also like being able to return apps...sometimes you buy an app that turns out to be not worth it.

Yes it works as a charm, here is link for you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...highlight=swype