MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Docmjldds
I tried it, but everytime I try to swype I get a beeping sound with a blue line around the keyboard. Any info on how to fix that?

Which Swype version is this. I was on the initial beta and they released the wrong file initially and basically would only give a work around fix. Their fix is to change input back to android KB, then change back to Swype as a fix. Problem is every reboot, you would need to do this. The "correct" apk is 1.25.16.5612. This version should not give you that beep and non functionality.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest rICHIEa1226
Which Swype version is this. I was on the initial beta and they released the wrong file initially and basically would only give a work around fix. Their fix is to change input back to android KB, then change back to Swype as a fix. Problem is every reboot, you would need to do this. The "correct" apk is 1.25.16.5612. This version should not give you that beep and non functionality.

Do you have a download link for this one, or is it the same one as above?

Guest Docmjldds
Do you have a download link for this one, or is it the same one as above?

Send me a message reply instead of a Forum reply and include E-Mail address. Swype folks frown on public posting of their files and also the good folks here frown on that too. I don't know if the file version is the same or different regarding the other user referencing the XDA site. I do know I have no issues with the current file I use.

Guest fuzio1963

So, since Froyo is out, that means there will not be any more ver of Desire rom?? :rolleyes: We won't get BT or FM radio working? Too bad, Desire Rom was/is the Best Rom, but not for Nexus One, i can see.....

So, since Froyo is out, that means there will not be any more ver of Desire rom?? :rolleyes: We won't get BT or FM radio working? Too bad, Desire Rom was/is the Best Rom, but not for Nexus One, i can see.....

Long live baseless assumptions!

Guest yankyjz

He does have a point! The kernel has been out for a bit now and still no fixes for bluetooth! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

He does have a point! The kernel has been out for a bit now and still no fixes for bluetooth! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Of course; the kernel has been out for just over a week. That's way more than Paul would need to understand it, try it, test it, and build a new ROM using the new kernel that would work perfectly from the first try. In fact it should have been ready the day after!

Paul has also never released r22 because he stopped working on this ROM in early April exactly like you predicted! That's why some people report the ROM still identifies itself as r21 in the "About this phone" pane! Thank you thank you thank you for letting us see the light!

(wait, I thought this whole flamewar was finished 20 pages ago? Oh crap)

Guest fuzio1963

That is all, you are capable of?? :rolleyes: I just asked a question, there is no need for your kindergarten's`s thoughts............

That is all, you are capable of?? :rolleyes: I just asked a question, there is no need for your kindergarten's`s thoughts............

What made you think that Froyo being out would stop Paul's work on the Desire ROM?

I've seen no indication of that, basically your assumption was baseless and I don't see how fact 1 (froyo being out) would lead you to fact 2 (no more updates on Desire ROM)

Guest yankyjz
Of course; the kernel has been out for just over a week. That's way more than Paul would need to understand it, try it, test it, and build a new ROM using the new kernel that would work perfectly from the first try. In fact it should have been ready the day after!

Paul has also never released r22 because he stopped working on this ROM in early April exactly like you predicted! That's why some people report the ROM still identifies itself as r21 in the "About this phone" pane! Thank you thank you thank you for letting us see the light!

(wait, I thought this whole flamewar was finished 20 pages ago? Oh crap)

Please relax! I never mentioned a new rom, just a fix for bluetooth. Not exactly the same thing & I was not flaming! I was just pointing out a fact. So calm down and move on (again)!

Guest kingaru

Hello ,

Are there any news on fixing the issues with long SMS messages , it still appears to be broken in r22... :rolleyes:

Thanks

K.

Guest Pinko_Commie
Please relax! I never mentioned a new rom, just a fix for bluetooth. Not exactly the same thing & I was not flaming! I was just pointing out a fact. So calm down and move on (again)!

A fix for bluetooth won't be done until there is a new ROM based on the source that HTC has released. This has been stated many times in this thread (IIRC including by paul himself)

From my experience with it. Bluetooth does actually work, it's just a little picky, you just have to make sure that the phone connects to the device and the device doesn't try to connect to the phone.

For instance, my car stereo support bluetooth headset and speakers, I pair my phone with the stereo and play music through it. If I start the car with bluetooth already enabled on the phone, the stereo powers up and then tries to connect to its currently paired device (i.e the phone). If it does this BT will never connect, it's like the connection request from the stereo gets caught up somewhere in the BT stack and stops anything else from getting through.

However, if bluetooth is disabled on the phone when i start the car, the stereo searches for its paired device and doesn't find it. If I then turn bluetooth on and let the phone hunt for paired devices in range 9 times out of 10 it will connect up straight away.

Also, if I get an incomming call, it doesn't switch directly to the bluetooth headset, I have to manually select BT headset, but if I make a call it automatically goes to the headset.

If all else fails, power cycling the phone usually clears the BT stack out of whatever is hanging it up and it'll connect first time.

Edited by Pinko_Commie

Guest yankyjz
A fix for bluetooth won't be done until there is a new ROM based on the source that HTC has released. This has been stated many times in this thread (IIRC including by paul himself)

From my experience with it. Bluetooth does actually work, it's just a little picky, you just have to make sure that the phone connects to the device and the device doesn't try to connect to the phone.

For instance, my car stereo support bluetooth headset and speakers, I pair my phone with the stereo and play music through it. If I start the car with bluetooth already enabled on the phone, the stereo powers up and then tries to connect to its currently paired device (i.e the phone). If it does this BT will never connect, it's like the connection request from the stereo gets caught up somewhere in the BT stack and stops anything else from getting through.

However, if bluetooth is disabled on the phone when i start the car, the stereo searches for its paired device and doesn't find it. If I then turn bluetooth on and let the phone hunt for paired devices in range 9 times out of 10 it will connect up straight away.

Also, if I get an incomming call, it doesn't switch directly to the bluetooth headset, I have to manually select BT headset, but if I make a call it automatically goes to the headset.

If all else fails, power cycling the phone usually clears the BT stack out of whatever is hanging it up and it'll connect first time.

For incoming call, use the bluetooth headset to answer the call and it should be directed to the headset.

Btw thanx for the info. I didn't know some of that.

Guest pbabyjoker

Do anybody know if the radio for froyo works on the Desire rom. I heard people are getting good reception with froyo. But I like the desire rom better.

Guest Aspergillus
Do anybody know if the radio for froyo works on the Desire rom. I heard people are getting good reception with froyo. But I like the desire rom better.

Yes Radio from Froyo works with this ROM. Got it running. Cant see a difference

But works.

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

Guest pbabyjoker
Yes Radio from Froyo works with this ROM. Got it running. Cant see a difference

But works.

Aspi

Do you know where I can get the radio download from.

Guest DavideBeatrice

yes! it works and I see better performances with r22!

web surfing is faster and 3g connection stronger for me! (vodafone Ita)

Guest rICHIEa1226
yes! it works and I see better performances with r22!

web surfing is faster and 3g connection stronger for me! (vodafone Ita)

How did you get the radio imported to the desire rom?

Guest DavideBeatrice
How did you get the radio imported to the desire rom?

I flashed the froyo ROM with radio then restored my previous r22 backup.

I reverted back to r22 cause froyo isnt so fast in my opinion and I dont like the original android home. :rolleyes:

Guest pbabyjoker
I flashed the froyo ROM with radio then restored my previous r22 backup.

I reverted back to r22 cause froyo isnt so fast in my opinion and I dont like the original android home. :rolleyes:

Thanks works great.