MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Aspergillus
Minor update! Kitchen online now, prebakes to follow shortly.

P

Changelog

Alpha r22.1

• Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)
  • Added gr0gmint's R2 JIT as a kitchen option

Hi Paul,

Some bugs that are still there or again there:

- Long SMS

- ForceClose of HTC Mail App when Mails come in via Activesync as soon as you click a Mail. (nobody else confirmed this.. i got this problem since r7)

Regards Aspi

PS: Is there still hope to get BT and FM ?

Guest Eric C.

hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me. i got the desire rom working on my N1, but my phone only seems to want to connect to edge. i can't update anything that requires a 3G connection, weather isn't updating, manually or automatically. facebook won't update. please help. thanks.

it's telling me Mobile Network type is UMTS

Okay guys, i found out that the problem was the APN settings...so i fixed them...but i don't seem to get 3G...i'm stuck on edge. can anyone please tell me what the right APN settings are...or is it just poor 3G connectivity with the desire r22...??

Edited by Eric C.

Guest JonnyRockets
Yes, I am still working on kernels...

P

Just wondering, are you working on a 2.1 release from the kernel source code, or a FroYo? Is a FroYo Desire build even possible without HTC releasing it themselves on a similar phone (ie Desire)?

Guest evilive27

I tried to flash r 22.1 but kept getting e: error on line 344. System /lib. Installation failed. Any ideas? I've never had problems wIth any of the other releases

Guest yankyjz

Hi paul,

I just cooked a rom & i included jit. When I try to flash it I get an error: error on line 344 & cant symlink system/lib, then it aborts the installation. I tried to wipe (everything) & redownloaded the rom but its still a no go. Any ideas?

Thanx

Jay

Evilive27 did you include jit?

Edited by yankyjz

Guest evilive27
Hi paul,

I just cooked a rom & i included jit. When I try to flash it I get an error: error on line 344 & cant symlink system/lib, then it aborts the installation. I tried to wipe (everything) & redownloaded the rom but its still a no go. Any ideas?

Thanx

Jay

Evilive27 did you include jit?

Yes I did... that's probably what's causing the error.

Guest Aspergillus

Hi Paul,

FM Radio does not scannen Stations anymore.

It just gives a message "scanning" But neve finishes.

Radio image same as offered in Kitchen. Apps2sd+ no jit.

Regards Aspi

Guest sy_enigma
JIT install error should now be fixed!

P

pleas paul adding arabic is destroying the ROM please give me solution[/color]

Edited by sy_enigma

Guest East_Coast

The only real issue for me is the screeching noise i get when i receive a cal, when on the phone..

I love this rom:)

Guest glitzbd

Well I tried the ROM with JIT cooked in and it would let me set it up... but would never boot after, it would say that Sense had crashed... gonna try w/o JIT and see what happens!

BTW I have an AT&T Nexus One

Edit: Works fine without JIT

Edited by glitzbd

Guest Ahmed4never
How many times you try do flash r22?

Try once more and maybe you can try WIPE before that. If you want do NANDROID so if wipe didnt fix the problem you can always restore your NAND

cheers

i tried it once but i think its a matter of new radio version that comes with feryo I've read something about that thanks a lot any way

Guest Batkoto
i tried it once but i think its a matter of new radio version that comes with feryo I've read something about that thanks a lot any way

Try changing the radio then

Edited by Batkoto

Guest mudrock1000

As i've said I have no data and I am positive my APN is correct. It is basically unable to connect in short and it spends most of the time trying to connect. Oh and also it is unable to find a network operator. It started happening on the desire rom when i dropped my phone but i can flash to cyanogen, MANUALLY enter the APN and everything is fine.

Wat do?

Guest AGeleff

Is anyone seeing lag in the messaging app? It's really the only thing keeping me from making this my full time ROM. :rolleyes:

And the horrifying battery life. But that could just be user generated.

Edited by AGeleff

Guest irenic

guys, i'm on unroot froyo N1.. can i just root my N1 (using the cyan's method?) and flash to this Desire's R22.1 rom?

thanks

And the horrifying battery life. But that could just be user generated.

Atrocious battery life has been reported by many in the last 327 pages, and no clear answer is yet to be found. It's THE reason I'm not using this ROM, actually. I'm holding out on stock MCR or Cyanogen (downloading now, will check if the battery life is good) until the official HTC kernel-based release comes out, it might fix a lot of issues, who knows it might help with battery. If not, oh well, I can't afford a phone that doesn't last a whole day and loses 30% while I sleep, with wifi mobile sync etc turned off.

sns

Guest charronegro1971

I use the Desire ROM as my primary and ever since i've tweaked my settings and turned off auto sync, i can pretty much go the full day and only lose 30-35% of my battery life. Like most, I use SetCPU, Power Manager and Process Manager. I also have my display settings minimized unless I'm plugged in via USB or AC adapter. I don't know what your circumstances are but it sounds like some settings need to be adjusted. Change to a dark background to conserve battery power as well. Live wallpaper doesn't take much power but live wallpapers (or any bright wallpaper) w/ bright backgrounds require more power. Just a hint...you should try it if you haven't already done so.

Guest charronegro1971
hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me. i got the desire rom working on my N1, but my phone only seems to want to connect to edge. i can't update anything that requires a 3G connection, weather isn't updating, manually or automatically. facebook won't update. please help. thanks.

it's telling me Mobile Network type is UMTS

Okay guys, i found out that the problem was the APN settings...so i fixed them...but i don't seem to get 3G...i'm stuck on edge. can anyone please tell me what the right APN settings are...or is it just poor 3G connectivity with the desire r22...??

I know the frustration, Eric. Try this: on your dial pad enter:

*#*#4636#*#*

on the next screen, select Phone information and scroll down to the section that says Set preferred network type. By default, it should say WCDMA preferred. Change the setting to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL). from there, hit the menu key, hit Select radio band and select Automatic (just in case that's not the default setting). the phone will refresh the network and hopefully you'll get 3G. It worked for me. Good Luck!

Edited by charronegro1971

Guest indieladadam

Issues - the text limit thing really needs sorting out again its so annoying-

messages also now seem delayed and odd and when get new message i have quick sms pop up app and when i click reply or i click to see message from the alert in toolbar if im already on a message the message screen just goes blank, have to backup to the main messages menu then click it which is irritating and someone i will get a message and reply but it goes to the person i was messaging before *awkward lol* they were only real issues been having, both based around text messages,

Requests - would be nice to see updates including some froyo features such as the gallery app from froyo with pinch preview, and the flash and browser..