MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jnrandall

Hi,

I love r21 and I am not too fond of r22. In addition, Bluetooth use is not important to me. However I do want the improvements in battery life and the stability that the 2.1 Beta ROM would offer. Does any know if the porting process for the 2.1 Desire ROM to the N1 has stopped completely since the Froyo with Sense seems imminent?

Thanks

Jesse

I use the Desire ROM as my primary and ever since i've tweaked my settings and turned off auto sync, i can pretty much go the full day and only lose 30-35% of my battery life. Like most, I use SetCPU, Power Manager and Process Manager. I also have my display settings minimized unless I'm plugged in via USB or AC adapter. I don't know what your circumstances are but it sounds like some settings need to be adjusted. Change to a dark background to conserve battery power as well. Live wallpaper doesn't take much power but live wallpapers (or any bright wallpaper) w/ bright backgrounds require more power. Just a hint...you should try it if you haven't already done so.

Do you use the HTC apps (peep, friendstream, etc)? I mean it's really not clear to me what is draining the battery under the Desire ROM, all I know is in Spare Parts under battery use - partial wake lock, the Android System is almost always partially awake (unlike with cyano/stock), this has improved somewhat in r22 but not enough.

Comparing Desire vs stock MCR with GDE+Beautiful widgets, as I mentioned before I'd lose 20-30% battery during the night with mobile data turned off, wifi off, autosync off, gps off, static wallpaper, etc.

With cyanogen 5.0.6.1 I just installed last night, I went to bed at 90% battery and woke up at 85%. That's with wifi on and autosync on, with the grass live wallpaper!

Anyways I don't have enough knowledge of internals to really dig into this, just that with more stuff that I control running my battery is better in stock/cyanogenmod, vs Desire ROM that has probably more HTC stuff running and less stuff I have control over.... so until that is fixed, or if you tell me that you ripped out peep/friendstream/etc to get that battery life, then, I'm staying on other ROMs :(

sns

Guest rICHIEa1226
JIT install error should now be fixed!

P

Paul it states that this is the final alpha... Does that mean that we will be moving on to Beta from here forward and can we expect a fix for long SMS and Bluetooth?? Because these fixes will complete this ROM... I also will like to know can we expect the Froyo updates in the next update?? I will love to have the market updates and other features.. Thank you for all you have done for all of us Nexus One Users!!!!

Guest Eric C.
I know the frustration, Eric. Try this: on your dial pad enter:

*#*#4636#*#*

on the next screen, select Phone information and scroll down to the section that says Set preferred network type. By default, it should say WCDMA preferred. Change the setting to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL). from there, hit the menu key, hit Select radio band and select Automatic (just in case that's not the default setting). the phone will refresh the network and hopefully you'll get 3G. It worked for me. Good Luck!

dude, that is awesome, thank you so much...it worked fantastic...you were right, some of the settings were wrong. A million thanks. i have my phone back working great...

Guest Simon5558

Would anyone happen to know why I can't take videos anymore in r22. Everytime I try the phone just crashes and reboot.. I wiped and reinstalled and it still does it..

Guest Aspergillus
Would anyone happen to know why I can't take videos anymore in r22. Everytime I try the phone just crashes and reboot.. I wiped and reinstalled and it still does it..

This is because You updated Your Radio to the one that comes with froyo. Go to ere36 Radio and it will work again.

Aspi

Guest Eric C.
This is because You updated Your Radio to the one that comes with froyo. Go to ere36 Radio and it will work again.

Aspi

i did the r22 prebake, not the online kitchen...and my video camera doesn't work either...same...crashes and reboots...

Guest Aspergillus
i did the r22 prebake, not the online kitchen...and my video camera doesn't work either...same...crashes and reboots...

I bet you installed Froyo before? Am i right?

If yes.. then you have installed the Radio update too.

By installing Desire r22 again you did not downgrade the radio and still have the froyo one!

As long as this is the case your device will crash and reboot when you try to use the video cam..

What is your

Baseband Version?

Mine is 32.26.24U_4.04.00.3_2 and this works fine..

Froyo brings the Version : 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 and this crashes Video with DesireRom r22.

Regards Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

Guest x986123

Paul, any estimates on the Beta with the official kernel release date? Love your ROM, just wish it was a little faster and less buggy. Thank you so much!

Guest DavideBeatrice

there is no way to set different wallpaper for home screen and lock screen?

I searched but its seems its impossible to solve this "bug".

I found lock bot but I lose the media player interface in lock screen... :(

Edited by DavideBeatrice

Guest neva dinova

can anyone tell me why i get boot loops when using the kitchen to add jit? also do any of the prebakes include jit? thank you for your time

Guest Joshua Lim
can anyone tell me why i get boot loops when using the kitchen to add jit? also do any of the prebakes include jit? thank you for your time

same here! I'm giving it a try again by baking the ROM once more. If i can't get JIT to work.. i might try manually adding it in later (after flashing R22.1 without JIT). If it fails.. then well, back on MCR r16 Froyo.. *unless Paul found out what's wrong with it. =)

Guest Joshua Lim

yeah.. the JIT is causing a problem. After first boot and set up Google Account and connected to wifi, it will not boot into homescreen. Then the boot loop will start.

Guest Autinhyeu

i can't view youtube video :(

Sorry!

Activity Youtube (in applycation Youtube) is not responding)

and Force close...

When i using ROM 2.2, Youtube video work perfect...

Pls help!

Edit: fixed

Edited by Autinhyeu

Guest toyanucci
Oh no!

Paul is gonna leave us till friday :(

I though we could have Beta 1 this week

The man has a life, you can't fault him there. Yes we want updates, but put things in perspective guys...jeeez!

Guest olifred

hi ! i'am french and this rom is very good but there is bug to the camera video.

she doesn't work !!!

please there is a solution?

Guest Eric C.
I bet you installed Froyo before? Am i right?

If yes.. then you have installed the Radio update too.

By installing Desire r22 again you did not downgrade the radio and still have the froyo one!

As long as this is the case your device will crash and reboot when you try to use the video cam..

What is your

Baseband Version?

Mine is 32.26.24U_4.04.00.3_2 and this works fine..

Froyo brings the Version : 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 and this crashes Video with DesireRom r22.

Regards Aspi

Oh man, you're right. how would i go about fixing this problem...it's really the only problem i'm having with the desire rom...so i'd really like to get it working...