MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest x986123
I know the issue with the phone not locking and coming back on several times has been mentioned, but I just wanted to share something that I noticed. Whenever I have a non-live wallpaper it rarely happens, maybe every once in a great while I have to hit the lock button twice. When I switch to any of the live wallpapers, especially HTC Sense live wallpaper, it happens every time I hit the lock button with it sometimes taking up to five presses before the phone finally locks. Just thought this was something worth mentioning :-)

I noticed that, that issue was actually the phone's Lock button is broken, I don't think it's the ROM's fault.

I get bad service in my house, sometimes when i lose service for a little while, then i goto a good service area, my radio does not connect to the network..I have to restart the phone to get my service back. Anyone else have this issue, and know a way around it?

If you go to airplane mode and then go back to normal mode, don't need to reboot :)

Guest Brian L
If you go to airplane mode and then go back to normal mode, don't need to reboot :)

I have also tried that, and it still does not work....

Guest Sylar2010

I hope so!

I wonder if the Froyo's radio will be compatible though

P just finished his MCR 17 project so I guess he will finalise the Desire Rom the coming days

Guest MaliciousKen
I hope so!

I wonder if the Froyo's radio will be compatible though

P just finished his MCR 17 project so I guess he will finalise the Desire Rom the coming days

Hope so! If only the FM radio from desire can be ported over!

Guest DavideBeatrice

Hi all!

I just bought a 16gb micro sd so i flashed the a2sd version...

now I dont understand how to install apps on the sd...

the apps are installed automatically on the sd?

I have an error: process com.google.process.gapps....what is that?

thx!!!

Edited by DavideBeatrice

Guest indieladadam

ive noticed that the led notification settings dont work either paul could you encorporate this into the next rom because would quite like the little led notification to work as well as trackball for more discrete n less battery pounding notification lol.

Guest surviven6802

r22.1 GPS is not working ;) , MMS not working :( any ideas how i get it to work?or is there a desire rom that works with both?

Guest Sylar2010

After using froyo plain and froyo r17 I am still not convinced it's a strong and stable rom so I hope PaUl will resume his work with Beta 1 of Desire Rom,pleaaaase ;)

Guest richy
After using froyo plain and froyo r17 I am still not convinced it's a strong and stable rom so I hope PaUl will resume his work with Beta 1 of Desire Rom,pleaaaase ;)

Im with you.. Ive also switched back to r22.1 after trying FROYO

Guest Ninlour
Im with you.. Ive also switched back to r22.1 after trying FROYO

do you guys have the video camera working on the desire ROM????

because mine doesn't

Guest adversario
do you guys have the video camera working on the desire ROM????

because mine doesn't

When you'r back from froyo...first at all downgrade the radio! cuz froyo's radio dosen't work wiht 2.1 roms...then everything will work again!

greets ;)

Guest jettrue

I'm coming from froyo to this, I've been wanting to try it for so long!

I've baked one like this:

Contacts off

Desk Clock off

Live Wallpapers off

Maps ON

News and Weatherf off

SIM Toolkit off

Voice Search off

YouTube ON

Calculator ON

Flickr off

FM Radio off

Footprints ON

Friend Stream ON

HTC IME ON

Mail off

Navigator Panel off

News ON

PDF Viewer ON

Peep ON

Sense / Rosie ON

Stocks ON

Sync ON

Teeter ON

Voice Recorder off

Weather ON

World Clock ON

Amazon MP3 off

Facebook ON

Jbed Java off

Mount USB ON

Quickoffice off

MoDaCo Additions

Development Tools off

Spare Parts ON

Titanium Backup off

WaveSecure ON.

WiFi Status Indicator ON

WiFi Tethering off

Wired Tethering off

Trackball Options off

A2SD off

Boot Sound off

Dropbear SSH Server ON

JIT ON

Nexus One Boot Animation ON

Radio Update ON

I first tried installing this via ROM Manager, all went well, till I entered my google account, then it just kept rebooting over and over.

I went into recovery, and tried installing it manually. I wiped first (though I did not wipe my sdcard), and I did not wipe battery stats, and this time it just rebooted over and over again, and never let me in.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Should I try baking it with different options?

Thanks!

Guest Joshua Lim
I'm coming from froyo to this, I've been wanting to try it for so long!

I've baked one like this:

Contacts off

Desk Clock off

Live Wallpapers off

Maps ON

News and Weatherf off

SIM Toolkit off

Voice Search off

YouTube ON

Calculator ON

Flickr off

FM Radio off

Footprints ON

Friend Stream ON

HTC IME ON

Mail off

Navigator Panel off

News ON

PDF Viewer ON

Peep ON

Sense / Rosie ON

Stocks ON

Sync ON

Teeter ON

Voice Recorder off

Weather ON

World Clock ON

Amazon MP3 off

Facebook ON

Jbed Java off

Mount USB ON

Quickoffice off

MoDaCo Additions

Development Tools off

Spare Parts ON

Titanium Backup off

WaveSecure ON.

WiFi Status Indicator ON

WiFi Tethering off

Wired Tethering off

Trackball Options off

A2SD off

Boot Sound off

Dropbear SSH Server ON

JIT ON

Nexus One Boot Animation ON

Radio Update ON

I first tried installing this via ROM Manager, all went well, till I entered my google account, then it just kept rebooting over and over.

I went into recovery, and tried installing it manually. I wiped first (though I did not wipe my sdcard), and I did not wipe battery stats, and this time it just rebooted over and over again, and never let me in.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Should I try baking it with different options?

Thanks!

Remove JIT and it will work fine. JIT is the one causing the boot loops

Guest desull
I know that this is off topic but i see that some of you have your speedtest.net results litsed. I saw one person that was 1.5 mps down. It was from cincinatti I was wondering what network you are on. We just got 3g where i am and i think it isnt turn up the whole way i get .52 down and .64 up. Does that sound wrong to you guys???

Probably me you were referring to..I just saw this post, but yeah those speeds do seem incredibly slow..I'm on a small local carrier called Cincinnati Bell that runs on T-Mobile 3g bands, so essentially it's just T-Mo speeds in Cincinnati. Could have to do with your area, if youre in a t-mo saturated area then you're going to get less bandwidth=slower speeds.

Guest Jbman

Here is a question for anyone using the Pure Calendar widget.

Once upon a time, when I was using Kingxxklick's (sp?) desire ROM, the facebook calendar was actually being integrated with it ( i.e. showing birthdays etc. ) then it stopped one day. I moved to mcr22.1 and still no go. Does anyone have facebook working with Pure Calendar widget on this ROM?

Guest GiRARDsays
r22.1 GPS is not working ;) , MMS not working :( any ideas how i get it to work?or is there a desire rom that works with both?

Go to Recovery > Backup/Restore > Restore Google Proprietary Files

That worked for me.

Guest Sylar2010

Common Paul don't let us down!

You are the hero who ported the Desire Rom into N1 don't you want to be a legend with doing the Beta now?

Guest surviven6802
Go to Recovery > Backup/Restore > Restore Google Proprietary Files

That worked for me.

Great !! thank you that worked! for a day that is :( ..wow then stopped ;) any other suggestions any body? Wow I have been a real avid follower of MCR's ever since my G1 days. This no were near complete drawn out buggy " still " alpha desire rom since January is real disappointing :) and for those that want to comment and say I could have gotten Desire, 3g does not work in the usa. Look anybody up to the test I have $100 paid via paypal for something complete! including u Mr. P but I know for you that is chump change.

Great !! thank you that worked! for a day that is :( ..wow then stopped ;) any other suggestions any body?

I'm still kinda new to some of this but bear w me. Not sure as to why ur GPS isn't wrking, but in regards to the whole MMS issue; after lots of research n reading posts, make sure ur software info are compatible, including baseband version and build no. Also, make sure ur APN configuration is setup correctly. My Alpha r22.1 baked version is wrking GREAT! Hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by PS&E

Guest Brian L

I have tried all the different froyo roms, and all the themes etc.. and for some reason i keep coming back to this desire rom lol. Even though it is only alpha, it still rocks and is better then all the other rom's in my opinion ;)

Guest Aspergillus

Can anyone confirm that FM Radio is not finding stations anymore since r22.1. Radio 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Bevore with r19 and same radio..it was working.

Aspi

I have tried all the different froyo roms, and all the themes etc.. and for some reason i keep coming back to this desire rom lol. Even though it is only alpha, it still rocks and is better then all the other rom's in my opinion ;)

HAHA. Same deal here! But I hope Paul gets to finish his work here before hTC does something stupid (copyright infringement crap, or whatever). I think Paul is actually doing them a big favor, cause that way people stay tuned to future hTC products.