MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest stepinmyworld
Are you able to send mms and receive them in full instead of being limited to a small file?

it still acts up.. so no... but when you flash it, it doesnt come with APN set so you need to use the one i provided. Paul needs to fix the sms issue but picture mail was working

Guest flintpez
What is the Desire Beta 1 ROM?? All I have seen are alphas...

Anyone have luck using something like Handcent instead to make MMS pics work correctly?

Anyone have luck using something like Handcent instead to make MMS pics work correctly?

No luck. I'm using chompSMS and also tried Handcent. Neither one can "receive" MMS at normal sizes, but can "send" correctly. I sent pics to my wife's phone okay, but can't seem to receive anything back correctly. Sucks. But I believe Alpha r21 was able too do it okay though. I guess I'll be patient for Beta and hope all goes well for Mr Paul.

Guest bulldog82

Now that Paul had release FRF70 Froyo on Modaco R18, I am looking forward to his release of Froyo FRF72 on this DESIRE port. No matter how many roms I have tried , I still love this Desire sense interface mainly for its Weather/Time widget, Friendstream and Email app. So Paul - any plans on this yet ? Thanks

Now that Paul had release FRF70 Froyo on Modaco R18, I am looking forward to his release of Froyo FRF72 on this DESIRE port. No matter how many roms I have tried , I still love this Desire sense interface mainly for its Weather/Time widget, Friendstream and Email app. So Paul - any plans on this yet ? Thanks

Froyo Desire port will happen after HTC updates the Desire to 2.2. It's a port of the Desire ROM, after all...

Guest Sylar2010

Do you know how many weeks even months we waited for the official Desire kernel 2.1?

If you want to wait another 3 months to get Froyo + Desire Rom fully working on N1,good luck!

The Beta 1 that Paul is cooking right now will be already more eye candy than any Froyo Rom(anyway froyo is still in beta stage) so I don't care if it will be based on 2.1 it's even better because we can have trackball wake...

Guest Jbman
Do you know how many weeks even months we waited for the official Desire kernel 2.1?

If you want to wait another 3 months to get Froyo + Desire Rom fully working on N1,good luck!

The Beta 1 that Paul is cooking right now will be already more eye candy than any Froyo Rom(anyway froyo is still in beta stage) so I don't care if it will be based on 2.1 it's even better because we can have trackball wake...

+1

Guest illmatic416

Before, I wouldn't use stock Android after getting used to Sense UI on the Hero. I tried Cyanogen's Mod and wasn't feeling it as much as Sense. Then when Froyo was leaked, i wiped and installed...same boring stock Android to me...Nandroid back to the Desire port. However, when Paul released MCR R17 with Froyo, i decided to give it another try...but this time I decided to try to customize it as much as I could to be like Sense.

Launcher Pro is great! With it you get the Leap function and a customizable dock that can store 15 items on it. If you really must have the Sense flip clock, there's Fancy Widgets which HTC has given a C&D order on since it's practically a straight copy(imitation is the greatest form of flattery). Beautiful Widgets is totally skinable also and includes the application widgets if you don't want to use the stock Android Power Control bar. Added on Jonal's HTC_IME keyboard mod which you can customize. Sure there are some great Sense widgets I miss, but right now FRF72 is working great for me. The thing I would probably miss the most is Sense's implementation of copy and paste in the browser. I'm still waiting for the Desire Beta, but the Froyo ROM updates have been giving me my ROM changing fix.

Guest stonew508

Hey, does anyone know if its possible to change the 'dialing screen' and the 'in-call screen' to stock? You know, with the dialpad that pops up and whatnot. Its much better than htc's, and gives you more options.

Guest siimo

Just managed to click wipe/reset to factory in the bootloader recovery and the phone will no longer go past the boot screen, what can i do to reflash a rom now ??

Guest iconoclastic

Yeah, but that was yesterday. Now we have FRF83 for real. Source and everything. Surely this plus the released Desire kernel (from 2.1) will produce a Desireable-Froyo well ahead of any official HTC release...

Guest aegdawson

What happened to "Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)" introduced in R8 I can't seem to find it in the 22.1 is that no longer part of the release?

Guest chiefcamaro
Before, I wouldn't use stock Android after getting used to Sense UI on the Hero. I tried Cyanogen's Mod and wasn't feeling it as much as Sense. Then when Froyo was leaked, i wiped and installed...same boring stock Android to me...Nandroid back to the Desire port. However, when Paul released MCR R17 with Froyo, i decided to give it another try...but this time I decided to try to customize it as much as I could to be like Sense.

Launcher Pro is great! With it you get the Leap function and a customizable dock that can store 15 items on it. If you really must have the Sense flip clock, there's Fancy Widgets which HTC has given a C&D order on since it's practically a straight copy(imitation is the greatest form of flattery). Beautiful Widgets is totally skinable also and includes the application widgets if you don't want to use the stock Android Power Control bar. Added on Jonal's HTC_IME keyboard mod which you can customize. Sure there are some great Sense widgets I miss, but right now FRF72 is working great for me. The thing I would probably miss the most is Sense's implementation of copy and paste in the browser. I'm still waiting for the Desire Beta, but the Froyo ROM updates have been giving me my ROM changing fix.

Hi,

Is there also an solution for exchange calendar sync?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

John

Guest crawler9
Just managed to click wipe/reset to factory in the bootloader recovery and the phone will no longer go past the boot screen, what can i do to reflash a rom now ??

You should still be able to boot into recovery mode. From there you can wipe and reflash. Paul's Desire ROMs are constructed in such a manner that files normally found on the system partition needed to be moved to the data partition. Thus, a wipe will erase important system components and be unbootable.

Guest gary27

i got this on net....

So a few weeks ago HTC had posted this link:

ht.ly/1MODf

And at the top was the HTC desire Rom source, and then the next hour it was gone. I downloaded it and then uploaded it to megaupload.

www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDSBCUJH

Edited by gary27