MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

This is a high priority for me. Really. I hate bootsounds. :D

P

haha :lol: ... by the way, thanks for all your hard work with the ROMS... I'll be signing up for ad free later. Im using A7 as my daily :D

Alpha 8 is coming along, but figured i'd release it when it's really ready and adds some real useful improvements.

Besides, if I push versions too frequently, Kingclick won't be able to keep up with the repacks (just kidding) :D

P

you broke my heart T-T . I just need the BT Pairing for my Jawbone .. I think it's one real improvement :D

But whatever you say is ok .. you are the man !

Guest JimmyFraser

P

Hahaha me too, ive been trawling the magic forums to find where the .mp3 is stored as I forget but when using senseui roms on my magic its the first thing i used to do

void that .mp3 as i hate any noise on bootup specially if im running an experimental rom that might reboot during the night.

Any update on the FM radio? It seems that the tuner works but no sound. Is it possible to just need to unmute a special channel on the alsa (or so) mixer of the device?

Guest mailvanjoost
First, this is nexus one subforum, you can't flash any rom from this subforum to your hero.

Second, buy nexus.ons, will solve all your problems.

Nexus One is Nexus None in Holland.. is not sold here.... And with this pending 3G problem.. no thanks...

And the thing with Android: you can't keep up with the coolest devices anyway... far to many are launched....

:D

Guest Klarato
Alpha 8 is coming along, but figured i'd release it when it's really ready and adds some real useful improvements.

Besides, if I push versions too frequently, Kingclick won't be able to keep up with the repacks (just kidding) :D

P

Haha whilst i always tend to be the silent stalker of different forums. You just made my day Paul! Thanks for all your hard work. =)

Guest loukas kalatzis

P

Paul thank you very much

FM Radio is an important thing

I believe all of us need

There isn't sound instead the

station appears

Guest Mantisen
Nexus One is Nexus None in Holland.. is not sold here.... And with this pending 3G problem.. no thanks...

And the thing with Android: you can't keep up with the coolest devices anyway... far to many are launched....

:D

Well I'm in Sweden and importing the device from the US was just a matter of reading the forums :D

and as far as 3G problems that's not something that have had a big impact on Swedish users as far as I know. :lol: But then again, Sweden has 3G coverage pretty much every where and often 2-3 cell towers covering the same area :lol:

You're right though about keeping up to date on Android phones, it's a good way to empty your wallet :D

Paul thank you very much

FM Radio is an important thing

I believe all of us need

There isn't sound instead the

station appears

how do you get the station appearing? I just get an "FM gets initialized" then the application closes. And yes, I have plugged in the headphones.

Hey guys, i'm using Alpha7. I did a fresh install that means --> Full Wipe.

Now i'm in Switzerland and I have Swisscom as my Cell Operator.

After several reboots, changing the APN and and and I couldn't manage it to get a working connection over Edge/3G - WiFi works flawless.

Does someone else have the same problem?

Thanks in advance. :D

Guest Tuborgmann

Anyone know if i can push the regular 2.1 messaging app on the sense ROM. Im not a big fan of the HTC messaging app or contact/people app. Oh and in case its doable, where do i find the 2.1 messaging app.

Anyone know if i can push the regular 2.1 messaging app on the sense ROM. Im not a big fan of the HTC messaging app or contact/people app. Oh and in case its doable, where do i find the 2.1 messaging app.

Yes you can push the nexus messaging app, I did it because of the poor quality of the pictures, and wasnt a fan of video like pictures.. I simply pulled it out of cyans apps, but on a few of the pages here people have posted a link to google app pack. I also did the gallery, I liked the stock nexus one better as well.

Edited by Ducter

Guest markrduk

Try 'chompsms' as an alternative available from the Market. The good thing about the HTC version is that it tells you how many new messages you have.

Guest nickustinov

1. Install original ROM

2. adb shell ls -l /system/app

3. write down filenames of the apps you need

4. adb pull /system/app/filename.apk filename.apk (repeat for all filenames you need)

5. Install desire ROM

6. adb remount

7. adb push filename.apk /system/app (repeat for all filenames)

somehow like this :D

and if you DON't NEED some stuff in desire rom original apps, like Stocks:

1. adb remount

2. adb rm -f /system/app/Stocks.apk

Edited by nickustinov

Guest hks18psigst

P

I removed the bootanimation.zip and boot audio in/system

/media and pushed my own bootanimation that is altered from the original n1 one and its an easy fix white was too bright for me and sound is ahh no, thanks

Guest flankaflunk

Is there any way to change the HTC dialer app back to the Android dialer app? IMO I think that the HTC phone dialer is a little bit to clutter for me.

Thanks!

Guest ovrclock

First off, lemme say great work Paul! And I'm happy to have joined this awesome Android community! On another note:

Just wanted to pass along to the rest of the users that the N1 desktop dock does successfully charge with a7 thru the contact pins at the bottom. It doesn't automatically open the clock app like the N1 but getting there manually is a piece of cake. Sense has its own take on the nightlight screensaver thats pretty cool too.

Anxiously awaiting a8.....

Guest alexbard

Sorry guys,

is there any way to take away the EN key from the Keyboard? I set it to italian language but the EN that opens the settings icon is always there, and i miss the longer spacebar!

Thanks !!

cezent I am having the EXACT same problem you are having. Are you backing up your apps through mybackup or titanium backup? I noticed that if I go straight to the market prior to restoring apps all the downloads work perfectly fine. However once apps are restored through mybackup (in my case) that's when Market gets stuck at "starting downloading" or "verifying purchase."

The problem I had happen directly after restoring Nandroid backup, so its in a way irrelevant to titanium backup of mybackup. I think there is some small compatibility issue between the desire and nexus one ROM.

It potentially could be due to the difference in system partition size and the fact that some files have to be moved to fit into Nexus one, but I dont know my ROM (or coding) well enough to draw conclusion. It's probably not a critical problem since wipe, install stock rom, wipe again, nandroid restore will solve the problem and restore everything on the phone to exactly how it was before.

Just noticed no Barcode Scanner app in the Market for the Desire ROM. Hmmmm...

I think there are quite a few apps missing(MyBackup is another one), but this is the same case as ERE36B stock Nexus One ROM, at least for my phone I cant get the full list of apps on both N1 ERE36B and Desire ROM. I think Desire ROM is ERE36B based anyway...