MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Brian L
Flashed Froyo to get the RADIO update; then nandroid restored Desire ROM; then flashed intersect raven kernel universal update. Still NOT WORKING for me! "Unable to start Wi-Fi". Am I doing something wrong? Help anyone!

This rom does not use the froyo radio.. Use the eclair radio.

Guest PS&E
This rom does not use the froyo radio.. Use the eclair radio.

I WAS using Eclair radio, but SOMEONE posted to update to Froyo radio. "Unable to start Wi-Fi" even w Eclair radio. Very confusing!!!

Step by step instructions to get this INTERSECT RAVENS KERNEL to work please? Appreciate all the confusion and all the help. =)

Guest mrishi
I WAS using Eclair radio, but SOMEONE posted to update to Froyo radio. "Unable to start Wi-Fi" even w Eclair radio. Very confusing!!!

Step by step instructions to get this INTERSECT RAVENS KERNEL to work please? Appreciate all the confusion and all the help. =)

this rom uses Eclair Radio. After installing the Kernel i think you need to replace bcm4329.ko file included in the kernel zip file

Guest PS&E
this rom uses Eclair Radio. After installing the Kernel i think you need to replace bcm4329.ko file included in the kernel zip file

Thanks for the quick reply. What do I replace "bcm4329.ko" file with?

Guest mrishi
Thanks for the quick reply. What do I replace "bcm4329.ko" file with?

Extract the bcm4329.ko from the update file and copy to sdcard

(it should be included with the kernel zip file under system\lib\modules\)

2. Start up a terminal session.

3. su to root

4. Copy the file using the following command: cp /sdcard/bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

Edited by mrishi

Guest ultrabrite

we can also extract the file bcm4329.ko to the folder android-sdk/tools

Instructions (from command line):

1.) adb remount

2.) adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

[...]

(original topic)

3.) adb reboot

(— perhaps that reboot isn't necessary after copying only bcm4329.ko, i believe...)

So this is the apparent Froyo + Sense ROM from udk at XDA (for Desire), so I suppose a Port to N1 won't be too far behind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720294

Looks like theres a froyo desire port to Nexus out too, courtesy of KingxKlick...haven't messed with it yet.

http://kingxklick.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

[...] Paul sometimes rewrite whole bunch of codes and knows very well how to port kernels so I am confident he will give us better results in no time

WoW :) !

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest PS&E

3. su to root

4. Copy the file using the following command: cp /sdcard/bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

Forgive me for I am still a novice. How do I "su to root"?

Guest jdoo
Type 'su' in your shell session :) It stands for 'switch user' and will switch you to root if you dont supply a username after teh command.

Guest ultrabrite

extract the bcm4329.ko from the update file and copy to sdcard

(which is included with the kernel zip file under system\lib\modules\)

from command line:

(go first into the folder "tools" of the sdk folder it obviously depends where he is and how you called it)

cd /android-sdk/tools/

adb shell

mount -o remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

cp /sdcard/bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

exit

hope it will help

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

You mean:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

(I don't think remount by itself will change read-only to read-write or vice-versa.)

Guest PS&E

3. su to root

GEEKS rock the world! Thanks for the help! Hope "intersectRavens kernel" helps a little w this battery drainage issue.

Guest Brian L

I just tried using the froyo radio with this rom, and everything seems to be working great with it? Anyone else experience this? Is it not supposed to work? Also, when replacing the kernel. Do i have to use the .33 kernel? Can i use 33.5 or .34 kernels?

Edited by Brian L

Guest ultrabrite
You mean:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

(I don't think remount by itself will change read-only to read-write or vice-versa.)

mount -o remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

i can not explain but it works like that, i often use this command line before using Root Explorer to be quiet with permissions to rename, delete, replace system files or to copy files in this folder.

Guest ChrisVuong
Flashed Froyo to get the RADIO update; then nandroid restored Desire ROM; then flashed intersect raven kernel universal update. Still NOT WORKING for me! "Unable to start Wi-Fi". Am I doing something wrong? Help anyone!

Don't just mess with nandroid, you just

1. Update new Radio

2.Full wipe

3.Flash Rom

It'll work..make a fresh install dude

Guest Frankois

Installed r22.1 on my nexus droid.I love the interface and all worked fine except BT does not find other devices.

Could it be because the I have latest radio 28U_4.06.00.12_7? :)

Anyway I can't wait till this is stable. Getting back to FRF91 until then.

Great work!! Thanks Paul and your gang.

Guest edebby
Installed r22.1 on my nexus droid.I love the interface and all worked fine except BT does not find other devices.

Could it be because the I have latest radio 28U_4.06.00.12_7? :)

Anyway I can't wait till this is stable. Getting back to FRF91 until then.

Great work!! Thanks Paul and your gang.

No. The BT issue is a known one through out all the Alpha versions.

That's why its funny when people say they are "waiting for the 2.2 alpha anxiously" - an alpha of 2.2 will probably suffer from other major issues, since the official 2.2 for desire won't be released with the source code.

I prefer a BETA for the 2.1 port over an alpha of 2.2. The light flash version is enough for me, and I have no speed problems with the apps I use.

Guest PS&E

Installed 'intersectRaven's kernel'. Anyone know if its really suppose to help prolong battery life on this ROM? If so, how much more is it suppose to help? I don't really see much of a difference, or am I doing something wrong again? Help again, anyone?

Guest natt108

so you all don't have any issue with photo not being geo tagged? I love this rom, but that's the only thing that stop me from using.

I have tried it with froyo and ecliar radio.

any thoughts?

Installed 'intersectRaven's kernel'. Anyone know if its really suppose to help prolong battery life on this ROM? If so, how much more is it suppose to help? I don't really see much of a difference, or am I doing something wrong again? Help again, anyone?

Clear your battery stats from recovery; then use your phone until battery runs out, and charge it all the way back again.

Worked for me!

sns

Clear your battery stats from recovery; then use your phone until battery runs out, and charge it all the way back again.

Worked for me!

sns

THANK YOU. I will try that.

Anyone else know a quick fix to help prolong battery life on this ROM? Love the work thats being done here, but from the time I leave for work and til lunch time (approximately 6 hrs in between), with moderate/heavy usage (display turned down half way, couple of YouTube videos, few texts, news reads, websites, 5 mins of Chess), battery is nearly gone! Do I really need to get a second battery? Is that even considered heavy usage in a day? Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

Read my previous replies just above yours.

Well, I did try out what you suggested. Wipe battery stats using recovery, and used up the rest of the battery life until the phone died. Turned it back on until the phone wouldn't let me see home screen anymore (x2), then plugged the charger in and charged it overnight to full. Now, Is there suppose to be a big significance? Did the same thing on my phone today that I do every other day, maybe even a little less. Still the same results. That's why I'm starting to sound annoying; I'm already annoyed! HAHA!!!

Guest Brian L

For some reason when i use this rom my phone does alot of pocket dialing while im working lol. Anyone else have this problem? The phone is locked before it goes into my pocket and the screen is off, but it always manages to call a bunch of people when im walking around. The reason im saying this is because it doesnt happen with other rom's im using.. Maybe its the sense lock/unlock screen?

Guest ultrabrite
For some reason when i use this rom my phone does alot of pocket dialing while im working lol. Anyone else have this problem? The phone is locked before it goes into my pocket and the screen is off, but it always manages to call a bunch of people when im walking around. The reason im saying this is because it doesnt happen with other rom's im using.. Maybe its the sense lock/unlock screen?

hahaha :) yes, it happened once with this Rom, i don't know how. i haven't now installed the Desire Rom because i use Froyo so i can't test, but maybe it happened by pressing the trackball (the screen was awakened by pressing the trackball)?

Edited by ultrabrite