MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aegdawson

I have a few problems with 22.1 namely:

1 - When I try to take a video the phone crashes and reboots

2 - I cannot send multi part sms i.e. sms that are longer than 160 char

Now with Release 19 I didn't have prob 1 however before I revert to it I'd like to know if anyone has the same problems with 22.1 as I have... perhaps I installed something wrongly?

Cheers,

Tony

Well, I did try out what you suggested. Wipe battery stats using recovery, and used up the rest of the battery life until the phone died. Turned it back on until the phone wouldn't let me see home screen anymore (x2), then plugged the charger in and charged it overnight to full. Now, Is there suppose to be a big significance? Did the same thing on my phone today that I do every other day, maybe even a little less. Still the same results. That's why I'm starting to sound annoying; I'm already annoyed! HAHA!!!

:) sounds like no fun then. Are you having the same issue with other ROMs, or is this the only one? I can only speak from my own experience, that with r22.1 I had horrible battery then did the wipe/calibration, and that fixed it. Also stayed fixed when I moved over to MCR...

Guest natt108
I have a few problems with 22.1 namely:

1 - When I try to take a video the phone crashes and reboots

2 - I cannot send multi part sms i.e. sms that are longer than 160 char

Now with Release 19 I didn't have prob 1 however before I revert to it I'd like to know if anyone has the same problems with 22.1 as I have... perhaps I installed something wrongly?

Cheers,

Tony

for #1, which radio are you using? 22.1 will not work with froyo radio. You will have to downgrade to anything less than 4.06. Do you have any issues with geotagging your photo with this rom?

:) sounds like no fun then. Are you having the same issue with other ROMs, or is this the only one? I can only speak from my own experience, that with r22.1 I had horrible battery then did the wipe/calibration, and that fixed it. Also stayed fixed when I moved over to MCR...

You know what, I do recall the other ROMS (r19 and r21) having some better battery life. But yes, r22.1 is sort of causing me to neglect my Nexus One. Sad to say. And from my experience, this is the smoothest build so far too. That's why I don't want to revert (plus, Froyo sucks and Cyanogen is very stable but gets boring). I guess I'll try battery wipe again then live with it. Thanks for your help. Hope BETA comes soon too. =/

Guest aegdawson
for #1, which radio are you using? 22.1 will not work with froyo radio. You will have to downgrade to anything less than 4.06. Do you have any issues with geotagging your photo with this rom?

Great that does indeed fix #1 grand thanks!!

Any fix for #2 I'm sure it had been fixed at some point but is broken again on Release 22.1

Thanks for the help!!!

Tony

Guest m.meshgin

Hey,

First of all thank you very much for the ROM. it's really cool. but I have a problem and I will greatly appreciate any help: Last night I was in darkness and my n1 soft buttons (e.g. back, home...) won't turn their light on before. like with other ROMs I had when I was in darkness it automaticlly turned the soft buttons lights on. can someone help me with this please?

And also, sometimes the touchscreen is not responsive or phone speed gets slow...

Edited by m.meshgin

Hey,

First of all thank you very much for the ROM. it's really cool. but I have a problem and I will greatly appreciate any help: Last night I was in darkness and my n1 soft buttons (e.g. back, home...) won't turn their light on before. like with other ROMs I had when I was in darkness it automaticlly turned the soft buttons lights on. can someone help me with this please?

And also, sometimes the touchscreen is not responsive or phone speed gets slow...

For the softkeys light issue... do a search in this thread and forum. I know it's tough to find something within nearly 400 pages of discussion, but it's in there - known issue, and someone had come up with a fix at some point to always turn them on when the screen was on, or something like that.

For the slowness or unresponsive touchscreen, I think both are related together. slow phone -> unresponsive touchscreen. You may have some app running in the background sucking up resources?

Guest Mahyari

well i haven't installed any applications on the phone. really, do you have the fix to give it to me? it's really impossible/takes 1 year to check each page of this topic for a fix :-s

No I don't have the fix right off the bat like that, it's in this thread or in another thread, I don't use this ROM anymore lol, I just remember that the "fix" is there. Fix really is just a hack that keeps the soft keys lit up when the screen is on, but some people loved it, I remember. It's in this thread or forum somewhere.

sns.

No I don't have the fix right off the bat like that, it's in this thread or in another thread, I don't use this ROM anymore lol, I just remember that the "fix" is there. Fix really is just a hack that keeps the soft keys lit up when the screen is on, but some people loved it, I remember. It's in this thread or forum somewhere.

sns.

here's the fix you guys were looking for

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...us-desire-roms/

Guest Sylar2010

It looks like Paul has unleashed Sense + Froyo on Desire! So we are next :)

I just hope that BT,FM radio and Dolby will work

Guest PeRKoniX
Looks like he has FM radio working according to his Twitter. Great work Paul :)

Yeah great news... if only BT could be fixed :D So many poeple are hoping for this

Guest indieladadam

ARE YOU KIDDING ME PAUL?! I SIGNED UP TO YOUR SITE AND PAID FOR ME TO GET ONE CUSTOM ROM THEN YOU TO JUST STOP MAKING THEM?!! IM NOT BEING FUNNY BUT DONT CHARGE FOR A SERVICE IF YOU ARE GOING TO KICK A FEW ROMS OUT OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME GIVING FALSE HOPE THEN JUST STOP WHEN YOU GET BORED!!! REALLY TRUELY SUCK... IF YOU CANT PROVIDE A WORTHWHILE SERVICE TO YOUR MEMBERS THEN DONT CHARGE SO YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO!

Guest Aspergillus
ARE YOU KIDDING ME PAUL?! I SIGNED UP TO YOUR SITE AND PAID FOR ME TO GET ONE CUSTOM ROM THEN YOU TO JUST STOP MAKING THEM?!! IM NOT BEING FUNNY BUT DONT CHARGE FOR A SERVICE IF YOU ARE GOING TO KICK A FEW ROMS OUT OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME GIVING FALSE HOPE THEN JUST STOP WHEN YOU GET BORED!!! REALLY TRUELY SUCK... IF YOU CANT PROVIDE A WORTHWHILE SERVICE TO YOUR MEMBERS THEN DONT CHARGE SO YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO!

You should read bevore You Talk.

Cool, FM radio working in my forthcoming Froyo Sense (r23) port for Nexus One thanks to intersectraven's kernel!

Some stuff needs to be fixed... then we'll get an update.

Aspi

Guest Formel-LMS

Wow, only a few roms? I'm rolling on the floor and can't stop laughing!

Paul makes many roms for a few devices. Every phone he gets in his hands is rooted by him.

We can't do anything without his knowledge about android.

Second: Paul makes this in his free time. I don't know how he can do this much work besides his family.

Use your brain before posting!

Guest muncheese

You're not paying for roms.

Guest skydart

Hey "Newbie" indieladadam with all of 18 posts . . . . . . . By my count, he has put out well over 22 ROM's . . . for a whopping $15 USD. Even if you got only 1 of the 22+ ROMS, it's a STEAL . . . . . even if he never created a new ROM . . . ever! . . . . . so please, . . . stop complaining, and if you can't stop complaining, . . go somewhere else. You definitely will not get ANY sympathy here, and by posting here, it's not going to cause Paul to do anything different than he already is. Spare me . . . heck, spare all of us.

Edited by skydart

Guest Eduardo Rocha

Man, u r such a Jerk , by subscribing you're showing your respect and appreciation for the work Paul does to make these ROMs available, It has nothing to do with obligation... Read more and complain less ....

Paul , thanks for the hard work you put on these...

Guest Brian L

You're an idiot. Go get an iphone

Guest rodriguezstyle
You're an idiot. Go get an iphone

:angry: muhahahhahahahaha

the only right answer....

Edited by rodriguezstyle

Guest edebby
:angry: muhahahhahahahaha

the only right answer....

He could have shorten it though....saying only that he should get an iPhone - the idiot-ism would then be a given :D

Guest Brian L
He could have shorten it though....saying only that he should get an iPhone - the idiot-ism would then be a given :angry:

good point :D