MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PhonePersona
I think there are quite a few apps missing(MyBackup is another one), but this is the same case as ERE36B stock Nexus One ROM, at least for my phone I cant get the full list of apps on both N1 ERE36B and Desire ROM. I think Desire ROM is ERE36B based anyway...

MyBackUp and MyBack Up pro are not missing from my market.

And I've used both ERE27 and ERE36B on Paul's Alpha 7 Desi-ROM

1. Install original ROM

2. adb shell ls -l /system/app

3. write down filenames of the apps you need

4. adb pull /system/app/filename.apk filename.apk (repeat for all filenames you need)

5. Install desire ROM

6. adb remount

7. adb push filename.apk /system/app (repeat for all filenames)

somehow like this :D

and if you DON't NEED some stuff in desire rom original apps, like Stocks:

1. adb remount

2. adb rm -f /system/app/Stocks.apk

If he simply wants to install a few of the original nexus apks no reason at all to go through all that.

grab the app pack posted in this thread, or download cyans pack, use winrar/7zip to extract what ever you want from the system/app directory then adb push. Why install a rom to simply grab what he wants then reflash this one..lot of pointless time in doing that.

1. download/extract apk

2. put it in your android/tools folder

3. connect your phone then adb remount

4. adb push whatever.apk /system/app

5. adb shell reboot

Guest xxICONOCLAST

Im a noob first and foremost but I have desire running on my nexus and im just having one minor problem. On my nexus i subscribed to google voice for the transcribed voicemails. But the voice icon isnt available. I received a voice mail this morning and the phone didnt receive it as a voice mail. I had to check my email on the device to see i had a voice mail. i was wondering if i can disable google voice? and if not can someone give me explicit instructions on putting on the desire rom? Please remember im a noob. Thanks.

Guest moran679

Are there any updates regarding the FM radio? will it work?

I live in Israel and I have a chance to buy a nexus one this week from UK and I wont buy if there will never be an FM radio in the nexus.. should I buy or wait for the desire?

If there will be an FM radio, will it be good as the desire's? (signal-strength-wise)

Guest Aaron Taulbee

Bluetooth is acting strange, it will find some things but not others. I flashed the undervolt OC kernal and now my phone will find my computer but not my bluetooth headset. Wierd. I have to go back to Eclair until this is resolved, I need my bluetooth for work.

Guest markrduk
If he simply wants to install a few of the original nexus apks no reason at all to go through all that.

grab the app pack posted in this thread, or download cyans pack, use winrar/7zip to extract what ever you want from the system/app directory then adb push. Why install a rom to simply grab what he wants then reflash this one..lot of pointless time in doing that.

1. download/extract apk

2. put it in your android/tools folder

3. connect your phone then adb remount

4. adb push whatever.apk /system/app

5. adb shell reboot

Where might we find these packs in the thread?

Thanks

Alpha 8 update...

- Hugely, hugely, optimised. Only the framework sits on /data now, and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

- dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

- .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

- USB mount app preinstalled

- Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested!)

- Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

- Added default android keyboard with voice search

- Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

- Added RIL updates for signal stability

- online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

re: the Camera - no flash or 5MP support yet. Altho, having snooped around, it does support Cameras up to 8 Megapixel! Still investigating...

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Is niiice. :D

P

Guest kremer4
Alpha 8 update...

- Hugely, hugely, optimised. Only the framework sits on /data now, and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

- dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

- .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

- USB mount app preinstalled

- Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested!)

- Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

- Added default android keyboard with voice search

- Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

- Added RIL updates for signal stability

- online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

re: the Camera - no flash or 5MP support yet. Altho, having snooped around, it does support Cameras up to 8 Megapixel! Still investigating...

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Is niiice. :D

P

When will we be able to get our dirty hands on Alpha 8? Oh and

huge-not-worthy.gif

Edited by kremer4

Guest xxICONOCLAST
Im a noob first and foremost but I have desire running on my nexus and im just having one minor problem. On my nexus i subscribed to google voice for the transcribed voicemails. But the voice icon isnt available. I received a voice mail this morning and the phone didnt receive it as a voice mail. I had to check my email on the device to see i had a voice mail. i was wondering if i can disable google voice? and if not can someone give me explicit instructions on putting on the desire rom? Please remember im a noob. Thanks.

Umm Paul? Anybody?

Guest DiscoScan
Oh, I added 'English US' back into the setup wizard too...

P

Thank you sir! Much respect and lookin forward to 8! Sounds like Beta ain't too far off either...

Do you have any thoughts on why fastbooting Overclocking (zimagekmobs.dat) on the Desire ROM would disable WiFi?

I've tried a few different .ko files to try to kick the WiFi back on, WIPED, reflashed, and reinstalled zimagekmobs... keep hitting the same wall there.

Thoughts on this (by any of you guys) would be most appreciated!

saw where your phone wont boot..is that a concern lol?

On my Twitter? Nah, the joys of testing! :(

Hopefully I should have a dedicated test phone soon rather than using my main Nexus One!

P

Thank you sir! Much respect and lookin forward to 8! Sounds like Beta ain't too far off either...

Do you have any thoughts on why fastbooting Overclocking (zimagekmobs.dat) on the Desire ROM would disable WiFi?

I've tried a few different .ko files to try to kick the WiFi back on, WIPED, reflashed, and reinstalled zimagekmobs... keep hitting the same wall there.

Thoughts on this (by any of you guys) would be most appreciated!

You need the ko that was compiled with that specific kernel image.

P

On my Twitter? Nah, the joys of testing! :(

Hopefully I should have a dedicated test phone soon rather than using my main Nexus One!

P

Yeah, was on twitter..a dedicated nexus for testing would be great...but whats the thrill in that :( We just flash what you guys say works lol

Guest icebrg1978

First off, Paul Excellent Job. I feel that the N! would sell alot more if they orginally implemented this UI. Couple of bugs I found

* Google Voice - I can download it but it will not let me change my default Voice mail to it.

* Android Market - One of my favorite apps is no where to be found. I could not see it in downloads or search. Is this a local specific Marketplace?

Keep up the good work. I look forward to Alpha8

Guest kremer4
First off, Paul Excellent Job. I feel that the N! would sell alot more if they orginally implemented this UI. Couple of bugs I found

* Google Voice - I can download it but it will not let me change my default Voice mail to it.

* Android Market - One of my favorite apps is no where to be found. I could not see it in downloads or search. Is this a local specific Marketplace?

Keep up the good work. I look forward to Alpha8

I'm having the same problem with Google Voice but since you don't have Google Voice in the UK this might be a hard request.