MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DougEdey

Just wanted to say thanks a lot, awesome work, so good I've signed up to ad-free.

I have a Nexus One dock and on the normal build I get the google clock app + time/date screensaver when I dock. Is there any chance that will go into a future build?

I'm happy to help with any debug issues and the like if you need some support :(

bluetooth fix in alpha 8 by any chance Paul? I see your changelog, but didnt see bluetooth. Not complaining about lack of understand...just when your so close to having sense running great you kind of get excited lol. I tried near about every hero/sense build on my poor old g1 and waited for working bt, we all know what road that took haha.

Guest polo045
When I get a dock, yeah, in the interim you could use locale and a couple of plugins to launch the desk clock app when you plugin?

P

just wanna say thanks forv the excellent work youve done. greatly appreciated. are there going to be fixes for the flash on the camera and the megapixels. and the radio. thanks again

Guest DougEdey
When I get a dock, yeah, in the interim you could use locale and a couple of plugins to launch the desk clock app when you plugin?

P

Never tried locale since it has issues getting a good lock at my flat and the only time I've left it on it's completely drained my battery and I overslept :(

Guest kremer4
bluetooth fix in alpha 8 by any chance Paul? I see your changelog, but didnt see bluetooth. Not complaining about lack of understand...just when your so close to having sense running great you kind of get excited lol. I tried near about every hero/sense build on my poor old g1 and waited for working bt, we all know what road that took haha.

Paul mentiones BT, third line far right.

Guest Cubanito

Paul thanks dude keep up the great work! if a newb like me can get this to work look out!! I just upgraded my account to paid version through google check out.

Guest momo254

Thanks a bunch Paul. Loving the ROM :( Anyone having issues with their sms timestamps? Everytime I get a txt it displays them in the wrong order. I'll get a txt from a friend, and it'll appear before the txt I sent o_o

Guest bidulette

Hello,

Thank you for your job, the Rom is working fine. Could you please tell me if it's possible to use HTC Sync to synchronise my local data (Calendar/Contacts) from Outlook to the Nexus. I've tried without success.

Thank's for your help.

Guest hks18psigst

P

Push desk clock from cyanogen Rom and dock works fine just can't launch music from within

Guest icebrg1978
I'm specifically using the original ERD79 build fingerprint to try and mitigate issues with missing apps. Odd. I don't see any missing for me either!

P

The app that I am missing is called Calorie Counter by Fat Secret.

Guest hks18psigst
Thanks a bunch Paul. Loving the ROM :( Anyone having issues with their sms timestamps? Everytime I get a txt it displays them in the wrong order. I'll get a txt from a friend, and it'll appear before the txt I sent o_o

Yeah um getting this also... hmmm... could it be locale time problem ?

Guest AndroidFREAK

Hi, would you guys recommend using this rom for everyday use? I have be reading about this sms time issue. Is this a problem that everyone is having?

Guest DougEdey
Hi, would you guys recommend using this rom for everyday use? I have be reading about this sms time issue. Is this a problem that everyone is having?

I suspect it's a locale issue, it's fine for me in the UK. Slightly further down in the forum there's a potential fix or you can wait for the alpha-8 ROM

Guest DougEdey
Push desk clock from cyanogen Rom and dock works fine just can't launch music from within

I get a force close aswell, I also don't have the image gallery working from the clock app :( I'm going to look into the .apk and see if I can spot the way it actually detects the dock

Guest 7wonders
Never tried locale since it has issues getting a good lock at my flat and the only time I've left it on it's completely drained my battery and I overslept :(

I tried locale when i got the n1 and was not particularly impressed. Then I found Settings Profiles apps which is amazingly good and does what I think you want.

Great Rom! I love the HTC Sense UI, but is anyone experiencing trouble with the speech recognition? The speak now prompt appears but it doesnt register my speech

Great Rom! I love the HTC Sense UI, but is anyone experiencing trouble with the speech recognition? The speak now prompt appears but it doesnt register my speech

I have that issue as well. I think that its an issue related to the htc keyboard, as my son has a stock nexus and whenever he opts for the htc touch input keyboard it doesnt work. I have found though that if you click the text field near the mic symbol, open the actual keyboard then click the mic on the keyboard that it works.

Edited by Ducter

Guest Aspergillus

Hi M8,

Se my post here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/303...ixed/page/480/#

Post 491

I tried to describe the problem (Prinscreens included).. Good to know i'm not allone.

Regards

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

I have that issue as well. I think that its an issue related to the htc keyboard, as my son has a stock nexus and whenever he opts for the htc touch input keyboard it doesnt work. I have found though that if you click the text field near the mic symbol, open the actual keyboard then click the mic on the keyboard that it works.
I can confirm the same behavior. Using the mic on the htc keyboard appears to work reliably.

Guest mikebeatrice
Alpha 8 update...

- dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

- .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

Two questions based on this...

1)how much user app space is left (approx.) with these changes, and

2)asides from changing the kernel to only undervolt at idle, are there other changes? Meaning, if we're comfortable with the across the board undervolt, will we be screwing anything up/losing anything by flashing the "normal" undervolt kernel?