MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teddyballgame

ive been having the same timstamp issue. if i remember correctly all (or maybe most) sense UI roms i used on my G1 and MyTouch had the same issue. im almost positive it is not a rom specific issue.

Guest chinatown3283
This is from pershoot's OC post on the XDA forum - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...238&page=20

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ingvv (zImage-cm_2632-oc-uv-xtra)

note: if you had issues flashing the kernel from cm5.03 release, you will not be able to flash this kernel.

<><>

wifi module:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfqty7 (bcm4329.ko)

This combo of kernel - 2.6.32.8-cyanogenmod root@pershoot-ubuntu #7

and .ko give me 1.113 OC + wifi/bluetooth on the the Desire ROM.

Just fastboot flash the oc-uv-xtra kernel to zimage

and ADB push the .ko to system/lib/modules

and bingo.

works great! wifi is nice an fast but BT is still down, turns on but unable to scan any devices...:/ any clue?

Guest joni1337

Hi P,

is this only with my phone or does it just do that:

i flashed it and made a backup of it, because i just test roms and always switch back to mi hot rom which i work on and just flash back and forth but i cant do the recovery of that backup, it gives me an error, is this normal? and whats the reason behind it?

thanks for clarifying things ;P

Guest briangnyc
Hi, would you guys recommend using this rom for everyday use? I have be reading about this sms time issue. Is this a problem that everyone is having?

I am in the USA and started using the "Handcent" app from the market and all my texts are in correct order and timestamp is fine. Don't think I did anything special other than using the Handcent app as opposed to the one included in the rom. Also set my clock from 24hr. to 12hr. Again, I have no idea if any of that made a difference but it works fine.

Guest DiscoScan
works great! wifi is nice an fast but BT is still down, turns on but unable to scan any devices...:/ any clue?

Yah, my bad. BT enables but not fully activated. I was just thrilled that this worked because otherwise I could either have WiFi or OC, and now I got both.

The BT is a known issue from earlier posts. I'm thinking that this is something that SuperMoDaco / Paul will resolve shortly with Alpha 8. Just a guess tho.

Having some issues with data on the alpha 8 ROM, but not sure if it's localised. I'll probably push it out to a few select people to test before I publish it widely.

P

Right, Alpha 8 is ready, but I am having inconsistent sync / data connection problems. I do however live in an *awful* coverage are (ironic huh?)

On this basis, i'm not happy to push out the new Alpha just before I log off for the night (shortly). With this in mind, i'm pushing the ROM out to a limited subset for testing, my MoDaCo Plus members. If you are signed up to Plus, click here to grab the download, if you're not Plus, don't worry, the download will be public as soon as either a) the testers say everything is fine or :( I fix whatever is wrong! :(

P

Guest smirnophe
Right, Alpha 8 is ready, but I am having inconsistent sync / data connection problems. I do however live in an *awful* coverage are (ironic huh?)

On this basis, i'm not happy to push out the new Alpha just before I log off for the night (shortly). With this in mind, i'm pushing the ROM out to a limited subset for testing, my MoDaCo Plus members. If you are signed up to Plus, click here to grab the download, if you're not Plus, don't worry, the download will be public as soon as either a) the testers say everything is fine or :( I fix whatever is wrong! :(

P

Downloading...

Will make a feedback soon!

Anyway, thanks for your work ! :(

++

Guest joni1337

Hi P,

i flashed it and made a backup of it, because i just test roms and always switch back to mi hot rom which i work on and just flash back and forth but i cant do the recovery of that backup, it gives me an error, is this normal? and whats the reason behind it?

Hi P,

I'm not sure why that happens, happens to be sometimes to... you can just use adb nandroid-mobile.sh to do the store?

P

Guest vintage

ok paul so we can chose to wait or to became plus member... that's the question.... but in the mean time can you tell us the changelog of the alpha 8 rom....thank you so much for your work...

Edited by vintage

AdFree gets you no ads and the kitchens. Plus gets you the apps, Android apps are Titanium Backup and Lastpass currently, with more to come.

P

Thank you sir, I'm signing up now.

Shouldn't have to wait long if all is well! And if it's not, there's no problem waiting cos it's broken anyway right! :(

Changelog coming up in next post...

P

Asked wife..she looked at me with that look...guess I will wait it out :(

Guest Richard557

feel like you shouldn't exclude the people who upgraded to ad free to support your Mod efforts Paul.. give us the choice .. give all subscribers a download link please

Alpha 8 pre-release changelog

- Hugely, HUGELY, optimised for space. Only the framework sits on /data now (and there's 12MB free on system currently!), and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

- dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

- .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

- USB mount app preinstalled

- Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)

- Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

- Added default android keyboard with voice search - also fixes voice search issues!

- Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

- Online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

- Slimmed down customize directory with added en-US - thanks qteknology for the inspiration. All the space counts!

Perhaps a few other bits I forgot. :(

P

feel like you shouldn't exclude the people who upgraded to ad free to support your Mod efforts Paul.. give us the choice .. give all subscribers a download link please

Trying to work out a way to do that, it's awkward as there's no 'ad free' area like there is for Plus (since Ad Free is historically just that!)

I'll definitely do this for future if not this time (trying to test ROM atm!)

P

wooaa.. he doesnt have to release it at all, to anyone, period. This is a way for him to release it to a controlled set of people, see if some of the issues are his connection/coverage or the build itself. If it all works, we will get it soon enough, and if they report it has issues then nothing lost. Relax, it will come.

Guest Jfsikora
Alpha 8 pre-release changelog

- Hugely, HUGELY, optimised for space. Only the framework sits on /data now, and I foresee that with more work, we might even be able to fit everything on /system!

- dalvik-cache moved to /cache, this frees up a ton of space on /data

- .32 Custom kernel by myself and teknologist with undervolt for low frequencies only, our usual modules etc. for VPN, tun and the like, props to persiansown for the UC source and cyanogen for the kernel git - this should fix Bluetooth!

- USB mount app preinstalled

- Maps 4 port by Brut preinstalled which adds multitouch and non US navigation (both tested)

- Gallery 3D app from Nexus One preinstalled (multitouch tested and working)

- Added default android keyboard with voice search - also fixes voice search issues!

- Added alternate news widget from Nexus One (GenieWidget)

- Online kitchen for MoDaCo Ad Free / Plus members (see my sig for deets)

- Slimmed down customize directory with added en-US - thanks qteknology for the inspiration. All the space counts!

Perhaps a few other bits I forgot. :(

P

That sounds totally sweet, thanks for all of the hard work!