MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JonnyRockets

Biggest issues I see:

1. Bluetooth pairing
  2. Camera Flash is delayed
  3. Google Voice unable to call out using GV #
  4. Speech to text not working
I've heard updates on the first three. But any update on the last one?? (Or a workaround anyone??)

Love the ROM Paul, it's so close to perfect!!

[Edit]: And I vote HTC Quietly Brilliant! All of you voting for Nexus One boot screen, come on guys, that is soooo yesterday's news :(

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest snotf

really enjoying this latest build! sprang for the plus membership, so glad i did, no more amazon mp3, and the extras are key!

i didn't peruse all 90 odd pages, so i apologise if i am bringing known issues up, but the only issues that i've noticed with both alpha 11, and remix 1.1 (which i tried after i had 9 and 10 and went to cyans rom and missed sense), are that the top button no longer seems to put the phone to sleep/lock after i've been using it. also, i had to push the old n1 text apk onto my rom because the timestamping seems to be screwed up on the sense one. again, not sure if any of this has been mentioned before.

on another note, is there any plan to integrate some of the options that cyan has on his roms on to the sense rom? perhaps once you have it a bit more stable? i'm particularly thinking of the notification led, which i can barely see, it'd be nice if we could get the trackball lights on this rom. there's other features, like the 360deg rotation, and cyan has talked of integrating a click trackball to unlock option in a future build, but these are less pressing, imho.

thanks again for all the hard work!

Guest Pablo1138

One thing that I havent seen anyone mention yet is the music app starts playing randomly sometimes when I swipe to the screen that has the music widget. This doesnt happen often and isnt a huge deal break just dont want some of my music playing in the wrong crowds lol. I also noticed when using the dock and the nexus one clock app that comes up now with alpha 11 the alarm clock doesnt work. I have done this twice and the alarm doesnt go off but if you use the HTC alarm clock app the alarm works fine. The other issues with this build are well known like the sms timestamp issues, bluetooth, camera flash, google voice, live wallpapers, so I wont get into those. I just want to thank Paul for the work on this because I have used his builds since I had my gsm hero and he fixed it well before htc fixed the lag. I loved the nexus one but missed sense ui. Sense UI just has so much built in and is just all uniform so I dont have to download a ton of weather widgets, calendar widgets and music apps among other stuff. HTC just made stuff better for android. This is now my daily rom but Im hoping once this goes into beta or stable that we can get some more add ons put in like the 360 degree rotation and different color trackball notifications that are part of the new add ons for the cyanogen rom.

Guest Docmjldds
the simple answer is that GV is not working (as designed) on Alpha 11 ROM like it does on the stock Nexus One ROM. you can make calls via the the browser by navigating to google.com/voice. not ideal, but a workaround until it's resolved. did you try changing the Language to English (United States) via the All Programs->Setup option? mine is set to English (United States) and i get US specific feeds with the News Widget. hope this helps.

I had flashed up to Alpha 11 but needed to have camera zoom, so I went back to Alpha 10. But 10 does not have English US as an option. Only UK. I thought I looked at this when I had version 11 and still did not see the locale could be changed to US English. Are you saying version 11 definitely has option for locale to be United States English???

Guest Pablo1138
I had flashed up to Alpha 11 but needed to have camera zoom, so I went back to Alpha 10. But 10 does not have English US as an option. Only UK. I thought I looked at this when I had version 11 and still did not see the locale could be changed to US English. Are you saying version 11 definitely has option for locale to be United States English???

I think there is an app called custom locale that lets you change your location in the system. Sorry if thats not it exactly but I could swear that was the name.

Guest cortez
yes, i'm saying there's an option to select English (United States) on my N1. the picture below shows the first screen presented on my N1 when i choose Programs->Setup. i recall Paul adding this option to one of the more recent Alpha releases.

post-19638-1267663613_thumb.png

Edited by cortez

Guest Docmjldds
yes, i'm saying there's an option to select English (United States) on my N1. the picture below shows the first screen presented on my N1 when i choose Programs->Setup. i recall Paul adding this option to one of the more recent Alpha releases.

Well, I am staring at this setup screen and on Alpha 10 there is NO United States choice. I am going to reflash to version 11 and report back. I really believe this is the why market apps are either available or not.

Guest Docmjldds
I think there is an app called custom locale that lets you change your location in the system. Sorry if thats not it exactly but I could swear that was the name.

I found that app but it didn't really change anything after I chose United States. When I went back to the setup screen in all programs, it still shows UK. This is Alpha 10. Off to reflashing 11.

Guest shripad

Another bug.

This is application specific. Zilch Free does not work. as soon as you select your name in game and press ok, it crashes to home screen.

Tried reflashing after wiping. Still same.

Happens only on this ROM, MCR and CM are fine

Guest dr3blanc0

Why can't we get more HTC Widgets. And tapping on a text in the web browser goes underneath it and you must scroll up and tap the text again for the keyboard to show. The camera flash also cuts off before the picture is taken.

Guest Docmjldds
Well, I am staring at this setup screen and on Alpha 10 there is NO United States choice. I am going to reflash to version 11 and report back. I really believe this is the why market apps are either available or not.

On Alpha 11. No option on my setup for United States English. The only option left would be for a wipe, then install. I did the wipe install back for Alpha 7 only. The rest of the Alphas installed with a stock simple flash from SD card. Not sure i want to go thru the headache of redoing my customizations.

Guest PhonePersona
little sneak peak of what it looks like.. lol

That's Tight!!!!

I'm gonna try it :(

Thanks.

Update - Didn't work :(

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest dr3blanc0
little sneak peak of what it looks like.. lol

I really want that boot screen. How would I go about putting it. Ok on alpha 11. Please help

Guest hks18psigst
That's Tight!!!!

I'm gonna try it :(

Thanks.

Update - Didn't work :(

i used root explorer and deleted original bootanimation.zip thats in /system/media and put mine in.. but adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media will work also

EDIT: you can try to put it in /data/local..

Edited by hks18psigst

Guest cortez
On Alpha 11. No option on my setup for United States English. The only option left would be for a wipe, then install. I did the wipe install back for Alpha 7 only. The rest of the Alphas installed with a stock simple flash from SD card. Not sure i want to go thru the headache of redoing my customizations.
i know how you feel. i prefer wiping and starting from scratch when installing any ROM; if i encounter an issue i know it's likely related to the ROM vs. data (or whatever i'm wiping) on my device. this approach has served me well (so far. lol). with the Desire ROM i'm only using 7 apps and i store the respective apk's on my SD card for quick access/easy installation. i know this doesn't help your situation, so best of luck getting it resolved! :(

Guest PhonePersona

I feel your pain man.

However, that's the pain of using Alphas.

There is a way you can save your data.img from previous installs and push it to new installations using fastboot though. So you may wanna go that route.

Or just wait till the Alpha becomes a Beta or the Beta becomes a final release :(

Guest Johnston212
[DOWNLOAD OFFLINE, FIXING INSTALL ISSUE]

Just curious, but given that AT&T has decided to lobotomize the BACKFLIP and may possibly do the same for the upcoming Desire, would your Desire ROM be usable on the AT&T HTC Desire if they fudge it up too?

Guest PhonePersona
Just curious, but given that AT&T has decided to lobotomize the BACKFLIP and may possibly do the same for the upcoming Desire, would your Desire ROM be usable on the AT&T HTC Desire if they fudge it up too?

I don't see why not.

These ROMS don't discriminate beyond the point that the hardware can support them.

If its a Desire, then the Desire ROM will run on it.

You'll most likely need to root the phone and install a recovery ROM, but after that, its plain sailing.

This is all just conjecture of course :(

Guest aegdawson

Alpha 11 - Any chance you can get that bluetooth to work? Its the only thing that keeps me going back to the original ROM as I like to listen to music on my wireless headset :-) So I'm now Mr. flash on the fly from one ROM to the other as need require... its getting a bit messy lol!

Bluetooth currently won't discover any devices or let any devices connect to it.... so really it doesn't work at all. Of course the rest is just great not surprised Apple is suing HTC trying to stop Deside coming out no doubt.

Thanks for all the work

Cheers,

Tony

P.S. I just discovered that if I flip the discoverable checkbox back and forth I can get it to find other bluetooth devices and generally do everything else it should do... just need to flip that check box back and forth over and over again... wonder what's going on in that code! Seconds thoughts I don't really want to know :-)

Edited by aegdawson