MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mcflurry198010

Hi Paul,

i just flash Alpha 11 for a day, but i just find that i can't updated the software from market, i use wifi or mobile network just can download , but the system always say " the package file is invaild" and then give a message the Installation is unsuccessful, How can i solve it ?

Guest aegdawson
Hi Paul,

i just flash Alpha 11 for a day, but i just find that i can't updated the software from market, i use wifi or mobile network just can download , but the system always say " the package file is invaild" and then give a message the Installation is unsuccessful, How can i solve it ?

That is strange I get none of those problems. Are you sure you installed correctly by first wiping?

Morning all!

Latest update - i've patched the stock Desk Clock (for use with the Dock) to optionally link to the HTC Music app (no more force closes when pressing the music button). :(

P

Guest mcflurry198010
That is strange I get none of those problems. Are you sure you installed correctly by first wiping?

i don't know why ? it is because some software have this problem, but something can install correctly.

For more info, after i flash a new rom, i will use titanium backup to recovery some my always use software, but can't upgrade just occur in the alpha 11, i reflash alpha 10 many times, but i havn't found any problem about this issue.

Upcoming Alpha 12 changelog so faqr:

- Teknologist's TCK 0.7 kernel (speedy!)

- RIL updates (more connection quality and stability in my experience)

- Live Wallpapers ordering fix

- Optional Nexus One boot animation

- Desk Clock (Dock) music app fix

- jonasl's patched and improved HTC IME

Alpha 12 should be online later today, depending on what I happen to fix / change this morning. :(

P

Guest mcflurry198010

Alpha 12 should be online later today, depending on what I happen to fix / change this morning. :(

P

Good News!!

i wait for your new alpha to clarify my problem in market .

Guest senorbuck

P

I <3 you Paul. Just flashed to Alpha 11 last night and I'm lovin it!

@Paul,

Could it be possible to get more locale settings in the ROM? Like in Cyanogen there's a ton of locale settings compared to the Desire Rom?

Guest irenic

Paul,

how about battery consumption? is there a way to tweak it to make it more efficient so it can last longer? sorry if it's impossible.. just hoping my nexus one can at least survive until night.

the bluetooth is working for me with that 'bluetooth trick' .. so i can live with it haha

thanks a lot!

Guest richy

P

Excellent! :(

Guest aegdawson

P

Man I can't flash them fast enough!

Any fix on the ambulant Bluetooth coming up in the near future? :-D

Cheers,

T

Guest Docmjldds
I had the English US selection on my alpha 10 and 11 on my Nexus One.

I don't understand then why some of us have and some don't, I guess it's like some of us have the button lighting issues and some don't. Some have market issues and some don't. Let me ask this. Since you have United States, then when you open up market, does the google goggles app that I used to have, show up. I had saved the barcode scanner app but I still do NOT have that specific application anymore in market.

Sorry for redundancy here folks. Just trying to figure ou the whys of things. And finally, did you wipe before each flash, or only wipe the first installation of any Alpha Desire Rom, as was initially proposed.

Guest Docmjldds

:( :(

i know how you feel. i prefer wiping and starting from scratch when installing any ROM; if i encounter an issue i know it's likely related to the ROM vs. data (or whatever i'm wiping) on my device. this approach has served me well (so far. lol). with the Desire ROM i'm only using 7 apps and i store the respective apk's on my SD card for quick access/easy installation. i know this doesn't help your situation, so best of luck getting it resolved! :(

OK...I have made the command line decision of wipe and reflash, after reading anything new here. I have to admit that until this issue, and with the tools that are given, this process has been pretty rock solid here as well as fun. IOW, with recovery application and nandroid backups, it's really hard to really mess stuff up (knock on wood) :(

Will report back in a bit.

Guest Docmjldds
I had the English US selection on my alpha 10 and 11 on my Nexus One.

Appreciate your addition to confirm it's something mucked up on my setup. Will now go nuclear option of a wipe and re-flash. Just gotta finish reading the last few posts here.

Guest ranblv

Just flashed alpha11, working fantastic, had to post thanks for all the great work.

it seems that everything that bugged me in the stock rom is fixed in the HTC build.

Thanks!

Guest smonme
Just flashed alpha11, working fantastic, had to post thanks for all the great work.

it seems that everything that bugged me in the stock rom is fixed in the HTC build.

Thanks!

I felt the same way after flashing the desire rom, the lack of copy a decent copy & paste system was killing me.

Guest Docmjldds
i know how you feel. i prefer wiping and starting from scratch when installing any ROM; if i encounter an issue i know it's likely related to the ROM vs. data (or whatever i'm wiping) on my device. this approach has served me well (so far. lol). with the Desire ROM i'm only using 7 apps and i store the respective apk's on my SD card for quick access/easy installation. i know this doesn't help your situation, so best of luck getting it resolved! :(

I'm back. Wipe data and cache and re-flash. Other than the HTC White brilliant screen staying static for 3 minutes, before the final boot finish, all is well, so far in La La land. (Henderson, NV outside of Las Vegas). Initial Setup Screen NOW shows United States English. Yippee!!!!! Finished initial setup. Have to reboot or final initialization. Paul really needs to add that second reboot required after the flash and first boot up. I KNOW all is well. Google Goggles is now in the market offering :( :(

Guest christonge

P

Great stuff... looking forward to trying this Kernel :(

Guest PhonePersona

P

Great news Paul.

A few things.

I upgraded to the the new version of Amon Ra's recovery image.

Aside from liking the 'latest and greatest', it appears to resolve the 'loss of root' issues people are experiencing after doing a Nandroid recovery, so I dunno if you wanna look into that or not.

The other thing was a question - Any idea if GV functionality will be restored in this new ROM (By that I mean being able to route calls properly from the phone to Google Voice)?

Thank you for the voodoo that you do.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest LilRedzMD

P

Hey Paul...

Ive been following all the Alphas that you have released since Alpha 6. I love the Desire ROM and dont want any other OS on my Nexus One Device so cming from me better believe that is a lot of appreciation in that. Secondly the only problem that I am having that you may be leaving out of the Alpha 12 Update is this Bluetooth syncing with my Motorola S9 HD Stereo Headsets, it wont connect and although I know you havent fixed this problem yet but I wanted to know how close are you to fixing this and if you know a timeframe when Beta will be released? Thanks Paul for EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE!