MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anthdroid
i added new mime types for m4a and wma files and they can be launched from there as well.:

1. 1 - Menu->Preferences->Edit File Extensions->New Extension
    2 - Extension Name: m4a
    3 - Mime Type: audio
    4 - SubType: mpeg
    5 - Save
    6 - Repeat for wma; use Extension Name: wma, Mime Type and SubType settings the same as M4a.
hope my suggestion works for you!

Thank you!

Still having some troubles (perhaps with an error on the SD Card side of things and some corrupted data) but this was definitely necessary!

Guest anthdroid

Lockbot is an option- but it gets mixed reviews and is just yet another thing to run on the phone...

Sense Lockscreen I'm sure is great for anyone wearing jeans, or wanting music controls. Imagine wearing a pair of dress pants to work and forgetting to put your phone in your pocket screen-out...material is too thin and unlocks the phone and calls people at random.

Laugh all you want, lol, it's happening to me on the daily!

I don't believe this will be as easy as an app, when I look at the Sense Lockscreen in Programs, there is no way to force stop it or clear mem on it...I think it's deeply embedded into Sense. (this is just a guess, i'm a newb)

But hell, I'll take what I can get! Desire Rom makes the N1 much better for my needs.

Guest VJKotts
You pretty much just go thru the initial recovery image flash process again from the Fastboot screen (power button + trackball) and replace the 1.53 version of the recovery image with 1.62 (I installed the Green Care Bear version :()

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Does it ask you if you want to replace 1.5.3 or do you do it just like I did it the first time?

Does this improve the Nandroid backups? Every time I try to restore from a Nandroid backup, I get errors and it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Lockbot is an option- but it gets mixed reviews and is just yet another thing to run on the phone...

Sense Lockscreen I'm sure is great for anyone wearing jeans, or wanting music controls. Imagine wearing a pair of dress pants to work and forgetting to put your phone in your pocket screen-out...material is too thin and unlocks the phone and calls people at random.

I don't believe this will be as easy as an app, when I look at the Sense Lockscreen in Programs, there is no way to force stop it or clear mem on it...I think it's deeply embedded into Sense. (this is just a guess, i'm a newb)

But hell, I'll take what I can get! Desire Rom makes the N1 much better for my needs.

This does happen, yeah.... Options so far is either expose the phone screen-out (yeah, remembering this all the time is a bitch)...

I havent tried lockbot, I read that it was crap and really unstable? I'll have to check it out... if it works fine I guess.... I wouldnt mind a way of reading messages on the lockscreen, etc...

Guest markrduk
i want the N1 lockscreen too... pleeeeeaaaaseee! :(

I definitely agree.

The Sense UI lockscreen serves zero purpose as a lockscreen as it unlocks way too easily!

Guest JonnyRockets

If your phone unlocks and calls people in your pockets THAT much, why don't you set an (easy) unlock pattern on it?

Settings -> Security

device2e.png

Takes 2 seconds to set up.

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest richy
What is good in N1 lockscreen? I didn't use mute option at all. Desire Lockscreen is much better + music player controls.

N1 lockscreen only as an option in kitchen.

I totally agree with you ... I muuuuuuch prefer the Desire lockscreen as I can control my audio without having to unlock. So N1 should only be an option.

Guest richy

If your screen is 'off' and in your pocket, how does it call people?.. wouldnt you have to push the power on, then unlock, then choose a person to dial?.... is all of this happening in your pocket?

Guest anthdroid
If your screen is 'off' and in your pocket, how does it call people?.. wouldnt you have to push the power on, then unlock, then choose a person to dial?.... is all of this happening in your pocket?

YES! It sure as hell is doing all that in my pocket!

I really don't care, but what Sense has done has taken the functionality of the lock screen away. Lock screens should first and foremost LOCK. I know you all love media controls, reading messages on the screen, etc. but these are all second to the fact that a lockscreen should LOCK!

Yea, I use a pattern to unlock, or my N1 sleeve currently- but in truth as a lockscreen, the Sense one doesn't really do that well.

Believe me, there is plenty more to worry about. Just thought I'd ask since there are options such as Messaging, World Clock, Live Wallpapers, etc. being added to the kitchen- didn't know if this was possible.

I'm sure Paul isn't going to go change the rom because one Adfree member doesn't like the lockscreen...you audiophiles are all safe :(

Guest PhonePersona

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm REALLY getting a little irritated with all these folks whining and crying for Alpha 12.

And after Alpha 12, they'll be screaming for 13...and on and on it goes.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I'm trying to read through some useful information and help resolve issues and I'm kinda worn out on all the 'We want ROM' cries that are smattered all over this forum.

"When will it be ready?"

"Why can't we have the ROM now?!!!"

"I want it now"

Seriously guys?!!!!

When its ready, you'll know.

You know how I know this?

Because Paul will put it up online and the kitchen the same as he ALWAYS has!

He's not sitting on any secret Alpha 12 stashes, okay?

If you don't like it, go back to the default ROM that came with the phone. Or better yet, wait a few MONTHS for the actual desire phone and ROM to be released and then try sorting through the kernel and recompiling the code yourself.

See how you like them apples.

Your lack of understanding....and patience does not constitute an emergency on his part.

Guest 7500usr
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm REALLY getting a little irritated with all these folks whining and crying for Alpha 12.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I'm trying to read through some useful information and help resolve issues and I'm kinda worn out on all the 'We want ROM' cries that are smattered all over this forum.

"When will it be ready?"

"I want it now"

Seriously guys?!!!!

If you don't like it, go back to the default ROM that came with the phone. Or better yet, wait a few MONTHS for the actual desire phone and ROM to be released and then try sorting through the kernel and recompiling the code yourself.

Your lack of understanding....and patience does not constitute an emergency on his part.

well said!!!!

Guest cortez

@PhonePersona - +1 on your perspective!

question for @other members - i prefer to use the pattern lockscreen to lock my phone because it's easier/quicker. however, i'm forced to use the pin code lockscreen because i'm using Exchange email. with WinMo, i could disable the pin coder requirement and i would like to know if there's an app or method to do the same with Android. i (correctly/incorrectly) assume this is possible because when i was using MoxierMail, i could access my Exchange account without using a PIN. thanks!

Guest SwedBear

I thought the pin requierment was something set by ActiveSync rules from your Exchange-server?

Even though I really wanted to wait for working BT I decided to install Alpha11 today and I love it. It is really worth having to sue a couple of regular headphones/headset while waiting for the fix.

I can't say I have a ton of issues with it as GV for example isn't available here in Sweden anyway.

I've had at least 1 reboot after the install and it happened while I was downloading/installing Touchdown which I am not even using now since the HTC Exchagne support works great with our Zimbra server.

- As mentioned earlier pressing the menu-button on the lock-screen unlocks the phone :(. You really need an unlock pattern.

- Batterylife might be a problem but I need to use it for a day to know more.

- Small calendar widget is tuck at loading (even when displaying an event) - I know I've seen talka bout this and a solution so I need look back in the thread.

Overall this is an excellent ROm and to be honest it even made me a bit curious about the actual Desire since I think the Sense UI is really nice and I prefer it over Vanilla Android.

Thanks Paul!

Guest squirreleater

@PhonePersona - +1

We're spoilt with Pauls Desire rom, I can't believe I have sense on my nexus within a month of buying it.

Guest cortez
I thought the pin requierment was something set by ActiveSync rules from your Exchange-server?
that's true. but i would prefer to use the pattern lock/unlock method vs. having to type in a PIN code. with the Desire ROM, using a MS Exchange account causes the PIN lock method to supersede the pattern lock. the pattern lock is so much faster. can't have everything (yet)!

Guest SwagR

"When will it be ready?"

"I want it now"

Seriously guys?!!!!

+1

Guest bluepenny65

Does anyone go through battery power issues? My battery drains to zero in a matter of 8-9hrs just in standby without using it. Anyone experience this? It is much better when I turn off the "Mobile Network", but leaving it on to sync the services doesn't make the battery last....didn't experience this will stock. Anyone has any recommendation...I apologize I couldn't flip through the whole 96 pages if something similar was already posted.

Guest mgs868

Hey Paul...Unfortunately, the Flash still isn't syncing with the picture capture...Effectively rendering it useless..

Irrelevant to this, Because of the work you've done, I've been able to mothball my iPhone...

You have my gratitude...

Mike

Guest JoeIndy
Does anyone go through battery power issues? My battery drains to zero in a matter of 8-9hrs just in standby without using it. Anyone experience this? It is much better when I turn off the "Mobile Network", but leaving it on to sync the services doesn't make the battery last....didn't experience this will stock. Anyone has any recommendation...I apologize I couldn't flip through the whole 96 pages if something similar was already posted.

I'm noticing the same high drain. The "awake" time in the battery panel matches my "up" time. I though it might be related to the HTC messaging app (as per Googling "htc uptime awake time") but I'm not sure. It's something at the system level because it showed 96% of my battery usage being by "Android System." I rebooted the phone and did not touch Messaging, and so far my uptime and awake time have some time difference between them. On my first boot, it did not -- 100% matched even after 4 hours.

Guest PhonePersona
@PhonePersona - +1 on your perspective!

question for @other members - i prefer to use the pattern lockscreen to lock my phone because it's easier/quicker. however, i'm forced to use the pin code lockscreen because i'm using Exchange email. with WinMo, i could disable the pin coder requirement and i would like to know if there's an app or method to do the same with Android. i (correctly/incorrectly) assume this is possible because when i was using MoxierMail, i could access my Exchange account without using a PIN. thanks!

If you can get your Exchange Administrator to put you in the 'PIN Policy Exception' group in the mobile device settings on your Exchange server, you may be able to get away with not using a pin.

See the way this often works is that your exchange has a set of policies that get pushed down to your device and then your phone has to be able to say "sure I can do that" before trust between the two can be established (I used to be a Network Engineer in my past life :() I'm pretty sure Moxier mail has some kind of process that makes that trust agreement on the phone's behalf prior to account creation.

Pure conjecture on my part, of course :(

Guest allareconnected

I read somewhere that people who pay for the non-advertised version of the forum might get some updates "pushed" to them... how do I enable this. I cooked up a custom rom for my Nexus One and am now using Alpha 11... Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by allareconnected

Guest soulpilot

Hi Paul i just updated to alpha 11 .there seems to be some problem with mu camera app it doesn't open just hangs on black screen tried wipe couple of times but no use .............help !

Edited by soulpilot

Guest dr3blanc0

When sending emails through yahoo on alpha 11 its great, but if you attach a photo it doesn't show the photo on the receivers end. All they see is all grey rather than the picture. Also now when I rotate the screen to type there's a bit of q glitch. It fills up half of The screen first then extends to the other half.