MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xkonni
It is not photoshopped..it is a screen from my N1!

Here another one just taken..it is simple to do..just connect your phone in ADB and install services.jar file..

batt2.png

uh...okay... last time i read those topics they just had a edited image...

nice to know its really possible now <_<

Guest Scott Ricketts

Paul, thank you so much for this, I've subscribed to your site as a way of saying thanks. This worked flawlessly!

On a side note, I horked up my stock Nexus install somehow during this process, does anyone have a good nandroid backup of their original firmware they'd be willing to share with me?

Guest DougEdey
Paul, thank you so much for this, I've subscribed to your site as a way of saying thanks. This worked flawlessly!

On a side note, I horked up my stock Nexus install somehow during this process, does anyone have a good nandroid backup of their original firmware they'd be willing to share with me?

The stock ROM is in a thread at the top of the Nexus One forum <_<

Guest LilRedzMD

Ok I have a few questions because they have still not been answered and I need to know:

Situation:

1. I have A12 Desire ROM already on my Nexus One with the ERE36B Radio.

Question:

1. Can I flash the new radio that has been released (EPE54B-LEAKED) to my Nexus One and have the HTC DESIRE ROM A12 Still Working Properly...

Situation:

2. Call Waiting- Annoying Ringing in the Ear (high-pitch) when there is a call waiting.

Question:

2. Will this be scrapped as a notification of an incoming call on call waiting?

Question:

3. Will the Color Trackball Notifications be implemented on A13?

Question:

4. How do I use the option to have the Nexus One Bootup Screen instead of the HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootup Screen that has been implemented in the A12?

Question:

5. Im pretty sure this is going to be a stupid question to ask but is there a rough estimate of when Beta will be released?

Question:

6. What new improvements are supposed to be enhanced from the old radio of ERE36B and EPE54B?

If Paul, or any other Devs can please help and answer these question I would greatly appreciate it....

Guest thalib
Coloured trackball coming soon! <_<

Just looking at EPE54B, seeing if there's anything we can use... (there is definitely a new RIL for example)... expect Alpha 13 Monday probably...

P

Hi

I've requested this before also can u try and fix the upper notification led when u release the alpha 13 cos from alpha 11 onwards it doest blink and stays on always.. I think that u said this is easy to fix so wonder why u haven't done ti in the latest 12 release ....

Guest xkonni
Ok I have a few questions because they have still not been answered and I need to know:

Situation:

1. I have A12 Desire ROM already on my Nexus One with the ERE36B Radio.

Question:

1. Can I flash the new radio that has been released (EPE54B-LEAKED) to my Nexus One and have the HTC DESIRE ROM A12 Still Working Properly...

Situation:

2. Call Waiting- Annoying Ringing in the Ear (high-pitch) when there is a call waiting.

Question:

2. Will this be scrapped as a notification of an incoming call on call waiting?

Question:

3. Will the Color Trackball Notifications be implemented on A13?

Question:

4. How do I use the option to have the Nexus One Bootup Screen instead of the HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootup Screen that has been implemented in the A12?

Question:

5. Im pretty sure this is going to be a stupid question to ask but is there a rough estimate of when Beta will be released?

Question:

6. What new improvements are supposed to be enhanced from the old radio of ERE36B and EPE54B?

If Paul, or any other Devs can please help and answer these question I would greatly appreciate it....

1. its the same radio, no need to flash.

4. bake a custom rom and it will include the nexus boot animation instead of the htc one

6. none, see 1

Guest Docmjldds
where is the download link for alpha12? and does anyone have the barcode scanner apk file?

Scroll back to page one.

Also use the search tools and you would find this:

http://android.t7labs.com/barcodescanner3.1.apk

You scroll to the last post and there is a search topic tab bottom left of the last post and a box to type in a search query

Edited by Paul

Guest Aspergillus
I just saw there is a new radio up, is it safe to just copy the zip file from http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...insecure-himem/

the one listed as "EPE54B / 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio - update zip format" is it safe to just copy it to the SD root, boot into recovery and flash the zip file?

Now I have ere27 and alpha12 desire rom installed.

Hi m8 .....

The "new" radio you mention is the same as ERE36B...

So nothing new about it.

Regards Aspi

Guest Jak Crow

I've found that none of the 3rd party web browsers will work with the desire rom. They all display "web page not found" results immediately. Anyone seen this and have a solution?

Guest LilRedzMD
Thanks Aspi!

Are you completely sure of this because I dont think they would release a new radio and there are not any enhancements for the new radio...Just a question....

Guest Aspergillus
Are you completely sure of this because I dont think they would release a new radio and there are not any enhancements for the new radio...Just a queston....

Yes i am sure. Same md5. Also go to xda-devs and read the Thread about epe54b. And the Version is same too 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Regards Aspi

Guest LilRedzMD
Yes i am sure. Same md5. Also go to xda-devs and read the Thread about epe54b. And the Version is same too 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Regards Aspi

Thanks buddy I appreciate the help!

Guest hardcore88

i thanks.... I found it right after i posted my question... I need to look to see if the barcode scanner app is back on the market after i installed 12

Guest PhonePersona
<<And to be frank, your commentary was also confusing to me.

Again, sorry if I confused you or anyone. I basically added my 2c because there was a post asking for everyones input, I thought on the subject. I saw a user complain that there was no means for him to use Google Voice with this Alpha Rom. I read about the about:debug many moons ago. Why this user didn't know about the debug option, I can't answer. I only offered an alternative and was just trying to use logic to show. I will end this by basically staying out of heated debates. That said, I felt my reply was warranted since the user basically appeared to come to the conclusion that Google Voice was 100% crippled with this ROM, and that my reply was basically off base. Anyways, Tired of beating a dead horse as you say. Good night.....

Its all good, buddy.

And no hard feelings, okay?

If you're ever in Denver, let me know...I'll buy you a cold one <_<

Guest PhonePersona
Oh wait? google voice.... isn't.... my hope and dreams.... all is lost... it is no longer worth being an ambassador to google for google voice, and other apps....

all hope is lost, i too will have to throw away all knowledge and degrees. such a disapointment i have been led to think it was something different.

google... what... have.... you... done....

*wimpers*

...just a calling card....

Haha <_< i like google voice. honestly the best thing i have ever used by google.... (aside from every other one of there freaking amazing products INCLUDING the android OS)

i should make that google voice's new slogan ---->

Google voice

...just a calling card, nothing more....

LMAO :mellow:

That's a pretty cool slogan, actually.

Guest Docmjldds

<<If you're ever in Denver, let me know...I'll buy you a cold one smile.gif

How about I buy you one when you visit Sin City...AKA Lost Wages ummm Las Vegas...but actually Henderson, just outside of the strip <_<

Guest Docmjldds
I've found that none of the 3rd party web browsers will work with the desire rom. They all display "web page not found" results immediately. Anyone seen this and have a solution?

Me me me <_<

I spent the last 45 min on this and you can get the desire browser to work, but 90% of the time it kicks you off the mobile banking sign on page, so here is a work around. It does involve installing the Old but trusty dolphin browser from the market. And no, you can't use the shortcut Bank of America mobile app download. Anyways, just fire up the Dolphin browser. Your choice if you want it to be default. I actually thought it rendered some pages nicer so I may just change to that for a while, but I don't want to digress. Just go to Bank of America site, and choose to sign on from the menus. It will ask the state you enrolled in and then you enter your online access ID followed by the security question since it doesn't recognize your device. You then enter the password. Your choice of entering whether or not you want info remembered. Anyways, this brings you on to the non mobile version of Bank of America. Again, the page rendering was actually quite useable with the Dolphin Browser compared to the Desire. Now I kept backing out with the softkey back space. You will get some warning boxes about post data resending or some such. Anyways when you backout, then go to the Dolphin Home page and click on the upper right + sign, you will get the menu including history. One of those Bank of America tabs will link to the mobile banking log on. I chose to start it to save as a book mark. So from here, It's really one extra step till this gets sorted out. Install Dolphin. Create a bookmark to the mobile banking log on that is in history. Again, the application from the market won't work. You can go thru this scenario with the Desire Browser, but it will appear to log on to the correct mobile banking page, then immediately kick you off to your phone home setting. Sorry for the rediculously long post, but I basically felt I had to add all this info. I'm sure some bright person here can take this the next step and say how doing this and this makes it so much easier. As Paul would say, I'm off to go drinking a cold one now......

Guest PhonePersona
<<If you're ever in Denver, let me know...I'll buy you a cold one smile.gif

How about I buy you one when you visit Sin City...AKA Lost Wages ummm Las Vegas...but actually Henderson, just outside of the strip <_<

I'm TOTALLY taking you up on that offer, man!

It's about time I made another pilgrimage back to Vejas anyways :mellow:

Guest xkonni
If one wanted to look "inside" the .img files of each ROM, how would they go about doing that?

depends on which image you want to look at.

for boot.img, use the scripts here

for system.img,userdata.img you need unyaffs (because those are images in the yaffs file system).

get it here

this can be used to extract nandroid backups as well, in case you need something like an apk out of there.