MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scott Ricketts

Is anyone able to play mp4 files without problems? I have a test one that plays fine on my desktop but plays without sound on my Nexus. When I go to adjust the media volume, I hear it as long as that app is open but as soon as I close it, the sound goes away again.

Guest OMEGA46
I can add the other behaviour to the kitchen...

P

Could you also add an option for the transparent notification dock? (that pull down thingy lol)

Thanks so much for all of your works!

Guest teddyballgame

i've just started using handcent on A14 and for some reason my contact photos wont show up. in some cases i only get a number instead of the contact name. this wasnt an issue on the stock nexus rom but on desire A14 it seems to cause an issue. maybe because both contact apps are installed? not quite sure. has anyone else run into this issue? i tried browsing through handcent's forum but i couldnt find any issues relating to this rom and all issues about contact photos are said to be resolved so it looks like some sort of rom specific issue.

Guest Stea1thmode
i've just started using handcent on A14 and for some reason my contact photos wont show up. in some cases i only get a number instead of the contact name. this wasnt an issue on the stock nexus rom but on desire A14 it seems to cause an issue. maybe because both contact apps are installed? not quite sure. has anyone else run into this issue? i tried browsing through handcent's forum but i couldnt find any issues relating to this rom and all issues about contact photos are said to be resolved so it looks like some sort of rom specific issue.

that's strange, it shows on mine, did you select ' display contact picture ' ? the trackball colours works a treat aswell.

Guest PhonePersona

Check your Handcent settings to make sure you don't have the 'show only contact numbers' option selected.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest JonnyRockets
Definitely known by Paul and others.

At the bottom of each page is the Search box, it only searches this thread and is a quick way to to see previously reported issues. It's really helped me out going through all these pages.

Hi Paul

A non-rom request lol...

Can you put the above info in the first post? :mellow: <_<

Guest cnraghu

Paul,

A14 ROM is awesome (of-course, so were the previous A's. I started from A11). Thanks for all the effort.

One observation -

Screen can be unlocked even by touching the Soft Key "Menu". If its done on purpose, that good as well.

Just making efforts in ways we can to make this ROM stable.. <_<

Kudos...

Guest teddyballgame

yes "display contact picture (large)" is checked. i went through the settings with a fine toothed comb and everything looks perfect. most contact numbers show up and only a few have just the number (and yes they are all saved in my contacts with name and number). this is odd...too bad too because i really enjoyed this app for the last hour or so haha.

Guest DougEdey
Screen can be unlocked even by touching the Soft Key "Menu". If its done on purpose, that good as well.

That's a Sense UI unlock screen feature IIRC

Guest Konni

I think I habe found a little error.

If I set with the ROM A14 a Exchange Account to Push, then the phone do every 1 or 2 seconds a full Mail sync.

It is visible at the Notification Bar, there is coming ervery second these two rounded arrows.

With ROM A12 works Push correctly.

hey i cant find the guide fir the trackball notifications the link you have is broken???

What guide are you looking for? Don't think there is one...

Guest NexusCody
I think I habe found a little error.

If I set with the ROM A14 a Exchange Account to Push, then the phone do every 1 or 2 seconds a full Mail sync.

It is visible at the Notification Bar, there is coming ervery second these two rounded arrows.

With ROM A12 works Push correctly.

My exchange sync push seems to be working pretty well. At times I get a set of emails that come in when I open mail and aren't "pushed" but most of the time push is faster on the Nexus One with this Rom on T-Mobile then on my corporate Laptop.

Guest PhonePersona

We've touched on it before, but without much specificity.

What exactly are the factors killing the battery so quickly using this ROM?

Guest hueyfreeman

ok. im sick of updating roms to only get the same issue not working. the backlights are still not working. i'll just wait until i the desire comes out because there obviously isn't any light on this subject.

Guest PhonePersona
ok. im sick of updating roms to only get the same issue not working. the backlights are still not working. i'll just wait until i the desire comes out because there obviously isn't any light on this subject.

Was that a pun? <_<

Guest lars1110

okay i think ive found a work around in the rom to change the trackball color but its staying green. paul where are you implementing the trackball service. is it in /system?

Guest Docmjldds
3. However, even I am guilty of mentioning problems over and over again, but only until Paul has acknowledged that he's aware of the issue e.g. my endless carping about Google Voice integration (Ooop! Just mentioned it again <_<)

Peace and love, everyone :mellow:

Oops...not to beat a dead horse, but after first seeing that one could choose Google Voicemail as a choice in settings, I thought too, it would work. But...I also since tried the "official" posted workaround and at least for me, the call would only go thru using my cell number and not Google Voice number. (Using the google.com/voice method). The only way I could make a call using my Google voice number was to use the method I mentioned to call your own number followed by prompts to place a call. I haven't seen any posts regarding this specifically, but then I haven't finished reading the last three or more pages of posts. If this issue is just peculiar to my setup, sorry for being repetitious.

Guest Docmjldds
Bugs Report:

ROM: A14

Problem: Gmail App cant "Show pictures"

I just sent an G-Mail with attached pix and it displays fine for me when looking at sent mail. Yes, Alpha 14.