MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xghostyxjokerx

I have a problem i had tried out the version 15 now with this version i had an issue actually a big one...i had my phone on sleep mode right then i turn it on then played with it a bit then tried to put it back to sleep and then no respond... it doesnt want to sleep...so i then power it off then i turn it back on then it works...then i put it to sleep then turn it back on...fine....then tried to sleep it again and no respond ...is this a fix on this version?

sorry for the double post...

Guest rimtp07

i tried downloading the alpha16, tried to flash in recovery, it gave me an error. I thought maybe cause i paused the download a few times cause of my router. tried to download again but link isn't working? the mirror is messing up to. help?

ok now the download is working, hopefully it installs correctly. one more question, i updated the maps to 4.1 on alpha15, but when I try to join latitude it says login failed. any suggestions?

Edited by rimtp07

Guest argylesocks

Is anyone else having issues with Syc?

Settings > Accounts & sync

"The application Accounts & sync (process com.thc.settings.accountsync) has stopped unexpectedly"

After that the sync icon is displayed continually in the notification bar

things actually DO appear to sync, though.

I did not wipe, coming from A14.

Just curious if it was my install... with RC right around the corner, I am not going to loose sweat over it :)

*updated after sync went thru*

Edited by argylesocks

Guest GodDriven
Thanks alot. You're name has a literal meaning...LOL. Everything you said helped me greatly, it's now working fine. Coming from and iPhone this is my first android phone, so I'm still gettin used to it.

your welcome.. I am always about power saving..

Some people forget to remember, at the end of the day, this powerful might little machine.. runs on one thing and one thing only, a BATTERY! LOL..

Have fun.. A17-RC1.. Here we come.. LOL.. Yes!

Edited by GodDriven

Guest argylesocks

This was asked earlier, with conflicting answers. Is this ROM built off of ERE27 or ERE36?

Or does this have the ERE27 Build Fingerprint?

In the software information, I am seeing ERE27 24178

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher
All being well Alpha 17 - based on the Desire RELEASE ROM - is coming tomorrow... it'll give you all something to play with for the weekend. :)

I'll also be doing a more full breakdown of what works, what doesn't, what's still needed etc.

P

If Alpha 17 is based on Desire Release Rom,what are other Alpha based on?

Great news..will it need a wipe from older alpha to Alpha17?

Guest argylesocks
when i flashed the new update gallery and car home disappeared and maps doesnt work.. whats going on! ;)

can't speak for gallery (worked fine for me), but I also had issues with Maps. Uninstall & then reinstall 4.1 from the market.

worked fine after that. :)

Guest muncheese
when i flashed the new update gallery and car home disappeared and maps doesnt work.. whats going on! :)

Paul is setting up the prebake as the "default desire rom" meaning, it's gonna be the htc equivalents for alot of things. Gallery 2.1 replaced by Photos, Car Home replaced by Navigator, all the default 2.1 bits replaced by HTC bits, etc.

Uninstall maps, settings>programs>google maps, then download maps from the market, you should be good.

Guest GodDriven

Physical Desire

Okay Guys..

I have been here and watched, helped, dedicated as much time as possible..

Now, I Love Devices, and the littlest thing sells me on it.. The opt track on this and hard bottom keys made me almost pass out.. I can have everything else.. But for some odd reason physical things just feel better in this touch day in age.

The work Paul has done has been great, exceeding all of our beliefs on how this could go before the phone even arrived. LOL.. But I have one issue, The UK version is not Unlocked, well until i Fastboot the Shi* out of it within seconds of getting it, much like my nexus, I never booted it.. I booted into recovery the FIRST time I turned it on..

Then the desire, which has been announced for release and pre-order on Monday, @ noon. I am right there. With my 200 bucks. with my N1 in hand.

I am afraid that the ROMS on this build will applicable to the Desire.. I mean it should.. It has been changed to run from a europe band rom to a us band, Thanks P. So why wouldn't it.. Can some give some insight, I mean i love them, but if there is no need, should I? I will anyway I think.. LOL.. I cannot get over the simple change of the design from Nexus to that.. ahh.. hmm...

It's already rooted, screen shot ready and vpn ready...

Tether and Wireless Tether ready.. Basically I am not missing anything leaving the N1, but gaining a better "physical" version of it..

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire...htc_desire.html < Okay Got what I need, Just like the N1

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire...htc_desire.html < For the Special People..

Guest lp1527
Physical Desire

Okay Guys..

Now, I Love Devices, and the littlest thing sells me on it.. The opt track on this and hard bottom keys made me almost pass out.. I can have everything else.. But for some odd reason physical things just feel better in this touch day in age.

The work Paul has done has been great, exceeding all of our beliefs on how this could go before the phone even arrived. LOL.. But I have one issue, The UK version is not Unlocked, well until i Fastboot the Shi* out of it within seconds of getting it, much like my nexus, I never booted it.. I booted into recovery the FIRST time I turned it on..

Then the desire, which has been announced for release and pre-order on Monday, @ noon. I am right there. With my 200 bucks. with my N1 in hand.

I am afraid that the ROMS on this build will applicable to the Desire.. I mean it should.. It has been changed to run from a europe band rom to a us band, Thanks P. So why wouldn't it.. Can some give some insight, I mean i love them, but if there is no need, should I? I will anyway I think.. LOL.. I cannot get over the simple change of the design from Nexus to that.. ahh.. hmm...

Tether and Wireless Tether ready.. Basically I am not missing anything leaving the N1, but gaining a better "physical" version of it..

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire...htc_desire.html < Okay Got what I need, Just like the N1

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire...htc_desire.html < For the Special People..

AGREED-- Desire looks SEXY and breath taking with the minor hardware changes including actual buttons and the optical track pad. BUT--- U.S. 3G bands???? I'm guessing not?? :) Would DIE if this thing rocked some Tmo UMTS.......

Enlighten us GDriven!!

Guest GodDriven
AGREED-- Desire looks SEXY and breath taking with the minor hardware changes including actual buttons and the optical track pad. BUT--- U.S. 3G bands???? I'm guessing not?? ;) Would DIE if this thing rocked some Tmo UMTS.......

Enlighten us GDriven!!

Oh God, I Wish I could.. I wish..

I just called T-Mo and they said UK, before U.S. release.. I was like they tried to kill us before we were even a country, Jesus, the Boston tea party, Why, it's just a phone.. It's just a phone.. ;) .. No Pun Paul.. :)

Then she said, they will allow it unlocked..I almost Passed out..

Unlocked it will be able to ride the T-Mo US.. Bands.. lp1527 You've been enlightened. So a fastboot should help.. Or does this only allows unlock of the Boot as usual and not the Unlock of the Radio.. I don't know.. I could care less, the tech dept agreed, a unlocked version will be able to accept any band by T-Mo.. Much like our Nexus.. I mean it runs the HSPDA Hack, Right? So, Mr. Paul O'Brien, as a thread, as your children, as your followers, santa's little helpers, which ever we may be, WE NEED THIS TOO.. If you can do the Nexus You can do the Desire.. Plus.. We'll donate for the funding on getting one too... If need be so.. But please level us out..

I SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE in having this device, With Modaco Tagged behind it.. So everyone... Well whomever desire's the Desire, help, jump, plea, FOR GOD SAKES CRY if need be.. Help us get this running this BUILD we are on NOW..!

Thanks In Advance Paul.. :P

Edited by GodDriven

Guest AndrewTan

Update review on Alpha 16:

What is FIX:

- The wrong link for normal wallpaper and live wallpaper is fix.

- The camera flash seems fix and photo quality is better now.

What is NOT yet FIX:

- Still as usual can tap the bottom 2nd soft buttom - Menu to easy unlock the device. (this is annoying and hope to be fix ASAP)

- The graphics gritch still exist.

** Can't wait on Alpha 17 :)

Guest skydart
Hi Paul

When I click "Show Pictures" in an email, all I get are blue question marks.

A) Does this happen to you?

B) Any idea of why this happens?

Thread link for more info: http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...l/#entry1211465

Thanks! Love your ROM and glad to be an AdFree!

This is a known bug. I get this in Gmail as well.

Edited by skydart

Guest ootherocoo

Is anybody else on the T-Mobile network having problems with sending MMS text. Every time I send someone a picture message, it shows that it's sent on my phone but the recipient is not getting the pictures. This started happening after I flashed Alpha 16.

HELP!

Guest rimtp07

So just now I decided to play with the camera cause I just flashed the Alpha 16. It said the flash timing is fixed, so i went into a dark dark place and tried to take many pictures, and just came to the conclusion, the flash timing still does not work. every picture is dark, just like on every alpha I tried. it flashes, but it takes the pic right after it's done flashing

Guest k2bk2bk2b
So just now I decided to play with the camera cause I just flashed the Alpha 16. It said the flash timing is fixed, so i went into a dark dark place and tried to take many pictures, and just came to the conclusion, the flash timing still does not work. every picture is dark, just like on every alpha I tried. it flashes, but it takes the pic right after it's done flashing

Mate, your answer is just 5 pages ago.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/303...fix/page/2940/#

Guest AndrewTan
This is a known bug. I get this in Gmail as well.

Ya I facing this issue as well when using Internet Explorer viewing gmail. No issue when using Firefox.

It looks like this is a bugs at gmail itself.

Guest rimtp07

Oh well I guess I didn't see that. I guess I have to wait till the RC or whatever is next that has the real fix. It's I like to go out and try to take pics and my friend with the stock Nexus laughs at me cause my flash timing is off and his works perfectly, and how I brag about the Sense UI and everything

Guest GodDriven
Physical Desire... Now, ON US BANDS.. Through UNLOCK!

Okay Guys..

http://www.htcsimunlock.com/htc-desire-unlock.html < Found How to make it support US 3G Bands - Before US Release..! <<<<<<<< Get Ready to see the UK Desire in the US.. Yes.. Just research and they shall find YOU!.. LOL..

Plus: Who Loves the Theme and Goodies Added by P's best Theme\Rom Porter.. Manup456.. Sat.. NexDesire 1.3.. Here We Come.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=388

Edited by GodDriven