MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakano
would love to see this as an option :)

If it means anything, I would LOVE to see this as an available option also! =) =)

You're doing a great job Paul, thank you =)

Guest Brian L

For some reason on the r22, when i send a long text it cuts off half of it and doesnt send it all, even though it shows me that it sends all of it. People are also telling me that they were calling me and i never received the calls? Anyone else having these problems?

Guest kwandds

I've never been able to get sms and mms to work flawlessly. The only solution has been to use the native messaging app when baking the Rom.

Guest prodigy2007
With these settings aren't your MMS pictures really low quality?

That I haven't tested yet, but from the thread I got the settings from all values were from t-mobile support. If I have issues I will change them. Did you have trouble with these values?

Guest dr3minem

The lock security doesnt seem to work, no matter what combination i use it unlocks.. strange.

So far im loving r22. Thanks Paul

Guest kwandds

Yes, I have problems receiving low quality mms with those settings. I always have using the Desire messaging app. I've tried different setting as well, where one worked, but then my internet didnt work.

In the end I ended up going back to the Nexus messaging app. I wonder if it has to do with US T-mobile, where it doesnt recognize the Desire phone ID??

I hope Paul puts that as an option in the kitchen soon.

Guest teddyballgame

i downloaded and flashed this twice and a funny thing happens that i've never seen before on any of paul's desire roms...after an hour or so of regular usage i lose my lock screen. it just vanishes. if i click the power button or the trackball the screen lights up and im at my home screen. its awesome in a way because im a big fan of the trackball wake up option but id prefer to have my lock screen haha. anyone else see this?

Guest geahboi

any one else having issues with r22 constantly trying to sync your contacts? mine started syncing at 2:56 PM Mountain Standard Time, and the icon shows up now still at 4:29 MST. The sync has already completed...all my contacts and email, etc. are there. The icon just keeps on showing within the notification bar. :|

A couple of other things:

The r22 ROM defaults to some foreign language...had to manually configure it for English.

Missing T-Mobile US APN. You can find the settings in this forum, or online.

3G...simply put...SUCKS. Patchy as all hell, does works some times but will fail out intermittently, but not before giving network errors or staggering for a few moments.

The build it self is VERY smooth however. Excellent work Paul.

I've seen other people having the 3G issues as well, but damn man...I'm in Tempe, AZ...I get great service other than 3G no matter where I am. Any insight?

EDIT: APPS2SD+ is not working properly as far as I can tell. No secondary storage is showing under Settings > SD & Storage. Oh noes D:

Edited by geahboi

Guest Batkoto

Now is working fine. After few reboots

Hey Paul,

getting some issues with Market on r22.

Loading slow, takes loong time to display the content, "Top Paid" tab is missing

Also, can you please include default Messaging in the kitchen.

Thanks

post-698847-1273793644_thumb.png

Edited by Batkoto

Guest nugzo

So far this thing feels real good. I cant get A2SD to work though. I am not a nub, but maybe i need nub instructions. Maybe 1 to many puffs, heck i dont know..I'm probably missing a step somewhere. Using 1.62 recovery and the A2SD+ option. With any other non desire roms i can get A2SD first time, always. Could somebody please give me a walk-through as if i was your grandma? step by step please, i'd greatly appreciate it. took me about 10-15 times to get it ti work with r21 and i dont know what i did to make it actually work then. I have a ton of apps and really need A2SD. Thanks so much in advance!

PS: I have a 16gb class 6 SD card. To Check and see if A2SD is configured.installed, i go to settings/ SD & phone storage, and it usually says there if its installed correctly, and it shows no 2nd partition like it should.

Edited by nugzo

Guest Scott Ricketts
Hey, the Notes widget... Has anyone been able to download and install it?

I download it but it never installs.

Guest nugzo
another thing i noticed is facebook updates not showing up in the friendstream.....anyone else

Facebook & Twitter using friendstream working fine for me, no A2SD though

Edited by nugzo

Guest nugzo

Question for Paul, Since HTC Incredible Kernel is out there, do you plan on maybe porting that over to N1? or is there something that would make that not possible, or maybe not feasible? Maybe no Incredible in your Country? Thanks for Reply and All your hard work

Edited by nugzo

Guys when i first started my phone up in alll the set up it asked me if i wanted 5 or 7 screens and said to go back to 5 you would need to reboot. I want to go back to 5 and no matter where i go i cant seem to find that option again. Anybody have a idea where this is again? would appriciate the help, its really bugging me.

Guest Shmoopty
Question for Paul, Since HTC Incredible Kernel is out there, do you plan on maybe porting that over to N1? or is there something that would make that not possible, or maybe not feasible? Maybe no Incredible in your Country? Thanks for Reply and All your hard work

Paul has mentioned that the CDMA Incredible is of little use to him in his country.

You mean the kernel itself is out, not the kernel source, right? I am guessing the kernel itself won't be of much use. It should be similar to the Desire kernel, but support Incredible hardware.

When the source code to the kernel is released, I expect it will be here. http://developer.htc.com/ That's when the mysteries surrounding bluetooth and other known issues will likely get solved.

Guest bedwa
Paul has mentioned that the CDMA Incredible is of little use to him in his country.

You mean the kernel itself is out, not the kernel source, right? I am guessing the kernel itself won't be of much use. It should be similar to the Desire kernel, but support Incredible hardware.

When the source code to the kernel is released, I expect it will be here. http://developer.htc.com/ That's when the mysteries surrounding bluetooth and other known issues will likely get solved.

Thanks for the great info... oh, and what I saw, the incredible's source code is there, so it may be feasible tor rip all the good stuff from there and either make an "incredible port" (pun intended) or apply some of the incredible source to patch the desire holes... not sure from the technical aspect, but now tempted to take a look at the source code myself..... (haven't looked at code in yrs, this should be exciting!)