[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest goa200
adb shell rm /system/app/launcher2.apk ; adb push launcherX.apk /system/app/launcher2.apk ; adb reboot

Should work, if you know that the launcher you try to install works on the system you use.

no real need to rm the app first

pushing it simply overwrites the current one

and you dont need to reboot either.

you open settings menu then push launcher then when u press home the new one will launch

Guest Andy__P
adb shell rm /system/app/launcher2.apk ; adb push launcherX.apk /system/app/launcher2.apk ; adb reboot

Should work, if you know that the launcher you try to install works on the system you use.

Yeah that's the point apparently this one doesn't work on the liquid, that's why i asked in the first place.

Guest goa200
Yeah that's the point apparently this one doesn't work on the liquid, that's why i asked in the first place.

sure it does. used it myself. but im using the other helixlauncher for speed.

Guest linuxluver

You'd want to verify the permissions before starting and ensure they were correctly set on the file you pushed through. "Root Explorer" is an awesome app for making stuff like this easy.

Guest linuxluver

Full wipe.

Installed.

Booted OK.

Signed in to Google - no problem.

Looking good!

Open Contacts after several minutes.

By default it loaded all the numbers from my SIM.....which is horrible as my SIM is old and full of sh*t.

I prefer the default behaviour in stock Android (v1.6 anyway) loading contacts from Gmail and does nothing with the SIM by default and you import anything you require.

Downloading apps now. Looking forward to apps2sd. :-)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest narkaotic

I´m using Evil Eclair 1.8, can i reflash it and how? Full wipe dalvik and data and update any zip?( Previously i had installed Lcr 1.1.)

Guest malez
Full wipe.

Installed.

Booted OK.

Signed in to Google - no problem.

Looking good!

Open Contacts after several minutes.

By default it loaded all the numbers from my SIM.....which is horrible as my SIM is old and full of sh*t.

I prefer the default behaviour in stock Android (v1.6 anyway) loading contacts from Gmail and does nothing with the SIM by default and you import anything you require.

Downloading apps now. Looking forward to apps2sd. :-)

==> http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=44

To ignore your old sim contacts, see, here are tips :

Open the contact list as if you were looking at a contact

Press option button

select view

sim contacts

uncheck the "all contacts" checkbox

that's all

If you want you can delete you sim contacts. Filter by just displaying SIM contacts

(disable all other accounts contacts) and delete them.

Guest natostanco
I´m using Evil Eclair 1.8, can i reflash it and how? Full wipe dalvik and data and update any zip?( Previously i had installed Lcr 1.1.)

Guest ahsid

I must say, my first impression was what the f... this is not the same rom !

It's really snappier, Thank you very much guys !!! :)

As for the dark side of my commentary, I have to say, voice search FC's at every try.

Edited by ahsid

Guest malez

You can try to install the update.zip (boot and system will be flashed) wih you current data. You data will keep in place.

In case a crash, do a factory reset.

As have not work on evil rom, I can't promise anything. Wipe is safer.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
The ROM is much snappier. Thanks!

Unfortunately, the issue with VOIP apps is still there (I cannot hear the other side in Fring).

Yes, seems due to the lack of gsm codec. Still working on

Edited by malez

Guest natostanco
You can try to install the update.zip (boot and system will be flashed) wih you current data. You data will keep in place.

In case a crash, do a factory reset.

As have not work on evil rom, I can't promise anything. Wipe is safer.

it worked without wipe, after that I prefered to do full wipe anyway, and after reboot the phone was smoother than without wipe :)

Guest Quipeace

Great rom, feels good. The only thing I don't like is the app drawer, I'd prefer if it was partially transparent and if the icon wouldn't dissapear (Forced to use the back button now). Scrolling trough apps isn't smooth either.

Landscape mode is great though, and the speed is great.

Edited by Quipeace