[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest lethoncbon

Hi all,

just flashed my liquid with this ROM, everything went fine

Only little issue : not all the apps are visible in the android store : I wanted to reinstall Barcode Scanner, but it doesn't display at all.

Did I missed a step somwhere?

Thanks for the excellent work on this ROM:)

Guest linuxluver

I've been using LCR v1.2.2 and apps2sd for almost a week now and the phone has been very stable. I have had three spontaneous reboots in that time...less than one per day. I use my phone a lot. This is within the bounds of what is acceptable to me.

With animations turned off the UI is fast and responsive and there is no lag.

Guest linuxluver
Hi all,

just flashed my liquid with this ROM, everything went fine

Only little issue : not all the apps are visible in the android store : I wanted to reinstall Barcode Scanner, but it doesn't display at all.

Did I missed a step somwhere?

Thanks for the excellent work on this ROM:)

Did you wipe after flashing LiquidE (and rooting it)...and before flashing LCR? I didn't the first time and the results were poor. I would say it is essential to wipe data and cache after flashing stock LiquidE.

I can see all my apps no problem with LCR v1.2.2. But I don't think I could with stock LiquidE, then flash LCR 1.2.2.

That may be the problem.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest linuxluver
Yes what do you say is correct more cpu = more battery and less cpu = less battery, but the strange thing is why i havent this comportament in any custom rom and i have this only in evil 1.8.6...

Only that

Thank is a plesure to help you ..

Do you have profiles set up with SetCPU? This is a good way to be certain that your CPU slows down when your phone is in standby mode.

These are my profiles:

On Demand (*NOT* Performance - which EATS the battery!)

1. Actively using my phone - Min 384MHz / max 768MHz

2. Standby - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz (or Max can be 576MHz if your phone doesn't answer calls quick enough in standby mode)

3. Charging - Min 245MHz / Max 576MHz

4. Battery less than 15% - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz

5. Battery over 50C - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz

My battery lasts all day unless I am in a place with bad reception.....and bad reception will drain *any* phone.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest tanoxxx
Do you have profiles set up with SetCPU? This is a good way to be certain that your CPU slows down when your phone is in standby mode.

These are my profiles:

On Demand (*NOT* Performance - which EATS the battery!)

1. Actively using my phone - Min 384MHz / max 768MHz

2. Standby - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz (or Max can be 576MHz if your phone doesn't answer calls quick enough in standby mode)

3. Charging - Min 245MHz / Max 576MHz

4. Battery less than 15% - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz

5. Battery over 50C - Min 245MHz / Max 384MHz

My battery lasts all day unless I am in a place with bad reception.....and bad reception will drain *any* phone.

I had try with and without setcpu, i get the same situation...

But i wanna ask one thing:

Setcpu after i had setting it can i kill it or must to stay active on background to work correct (but setcpu dont drain battery)?

Thanks

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest Riekr

hi all,

i'm following the instruction here http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM and reached point 2 of the second phase (i already installed eclair stock on my liquid)

Problem: it says to run "Superboot.cmd" but i don't have it inside superboot.zip, only "install-superboot-windows.bat" (and reboot..bat) but running it stops on

Flashing Superboot...

< waiting for device >

what should i do now?

sorry guys a litte more searching lead to:

Run the install-Superboot-<Your OS>.bat or .sh.

***NOTE, when i tried this it just said 'waiting for device' in a CMD window and did not do anything. im not sure at this point if what i did was right or if i was supposed to know this lol....i just assumed things and it worked out okay...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what i did from here is that i followed this:

if the phone is on, turn it off.

UNPLUG THE PHONE FROM THE USB

PRESS Volume Up + Camera button + Power button, the phone will vibrate twice but stay turned off, take the battery out, and plug the phone into the computer again using the usb cable.

at this point u should see it saying USB fastboot: and stuff, the last line should say usb_init. the top of the screen i believe is supposed to flicker.

IF U DONT SEE THIS and the phone turns back on as normal, try it again.

PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN.

NOW run the install-Superboot-<Your OS>.bat or .sh.

maybe updating the wiki would help newbies :)

ops..

also "adb reboot bootloader" seems to work..

Edited by Riekr

Guest linuxluver
Hi guys,

After few days flashed and used LCR 1.2, I found that the ROM made the temperature of battery increase much (over 45 degrees) while charging and made it go overheat.

Please, take a test again and have a solution.

Use SetCPU to set a charging profile for the phone. Example: While charging Min CPU 245MHz / MaxCPU 576MHz (or 384MHz). On Demand. If that doesn't help, maybe you have a defective battery or phone.

I 've had LCR 1.2.2 on my phone for almost a week and no overheating.

Guest tanoxxx

How i must use Setcpu?

After make setting it can i kill setcpu or must stay in background...for work?

I havent found any guide for use correct it..

Thanks

Guest malez
hi all,

i'm following the instruction here http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM and reached point 2 of the second phase (i already installed eclair stock on my liquid)

Problem: it says to run "Superboot.cmd" but i don't have it inside superboot.zip, only "install-superboot-windows.bat" (and reboot..bat) but running it stops on

Flashing Superboot...
< waiting for device >[/codebox]

what should i do now?

You must have you phone booted in bootloader mode to proceed.

run adb reboot bootloader first.

Il have updated the howto and superboot, return and have a look there.

Regards

Guest tanoxxx

Sorry but i dont wanna make double post with the same question but i wanna learn to use setcpu in a correct way, i write my question up, someone can say me how use setcpu?

And also setcpu go down batter?Is better use it or not?

Thanks

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest linuxluver
How i must use Setcpu?

After make setting it can i kill setcpu or must stay in background...for work?

I havent found any guide for use correct it..

Thanks

It helps to know a little about CPUs and performance. Maybe you need to do some research to understand these things in a general way.

When SetCPU starts you allow it root access. Then it shows a list of phones it supports. Choose the Acer Liquid in the list (5th, 6th down???)

Then you set the sliders to be the *default* (actively using the phone) minimum and maximum values for the CPU. For this I set 245MHz as Minimum and 768MHz as maximum. Make the the performance is set to "On Demand". The system will scale the CPU up if it needs to....and scale it back down if there is no work.

Then you touch refresh and tick "Set on Boot".

Then you can set up the profiles. I configure each one first, THEN enable them. Again, you choose minimum and maximum.

Guest tanoxxx
It helps to know a little about CPUs and performance. Maybe you need to do some research to understand these things in a general way.

When SetCPU starts you allow it root access. Then it shows a list of phones it supports. Choose the Acer Liquid in the list (5th, 6th down???)

Then you set the sliders to be the *default* (actively using the phone) minimum and maximum values for the CPU. For this I set 245MHz as Minimum and 768MHz as maximum. Make the the performance is set to "On Demand". The system will scale the CPU up if it needs to....and scale it back down if there is no work.

Then you touch refresh and tick "Set on Boot".

Then you can set up the profiles. I configure each one first, THEN enable them. Again, you choose minimum and maximum.

This ok, but i wanna know if for a correct work of it must to stay active on background or i can kill it?

And also this drain more battery or it the same if i not use setcpu?

Thanks

Guest malez
camera often hangs the phone (lcr1.2.2) anyone?

Made some tests, I have never had this issue,please open a bug in bugtracker and give us a complete description of how to reproduce.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
This ok, but i wanna know if for a correct work of it must to stay active on background or i can kill it?

And also this drain more battery or it the same if i not use setcpu?

Thanks

It has to be auto launched on starut to change system settings. after changes were made, apps is not needed anymore and you can close it.

If anyone is interested I repacked LCR1.2.2 but removed all "extra" to save space and make it faster. More then 10mb saved.

It is actually exact the same as LCR1.2.2 except that nothing unnecessary is included. With this you can decide yourself what to install...

Only "real" changes is that I use HelixLauncher2 instead of HelixLauncher1 and that the keyboard that is included in LCR is replaced with Scandinavian Keyboard to not include the broken Voice-functions (just change to english keyboard in settings after first login if you dont like "öäå").

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CN6H2OU

Dont know if anyone wants it, but I uses it myself and if somebody else then me wants a "light" version of LCR, then this is for you.

If you like LCR1.2.2 as it is, then there is no need for you to try this. Just wanted to contribute with a "lighter" version...

Edited by xfs

Guest gapone
It has to be auto launched on starut to change system settings. after changes were made, apps is not needed anymore and you can close it.

Isn't it necessary to run on background if you use profiles?

Guest linuxluver
camera often hangs the phone (lcr1.2.2) anyone?

The camera can be slow sometimes if the CPU has been scaled down and needs to scale back up.....but the phone does not hang (for me). If I get a "FC or wait" I touch "Wait" and it usually works just fine in 1 or two seconds.

Guest linuxluver
Isn't it necessary to run on background if you use profiles?

Don't worry about SetCPU running in the background. It does almost nothing except change the state of the CPU according to your profiles. To see what it is doing, also enable Notifications in the Profile configuration window...and you will be notified when the CPU settings are altered (as you have instructed).

If you have a task manager / killer then add SetCPU to the exclude list. Don't kill it.

Guest Riekr

how are your setcpu settings/profiles?

starting from the icon seems to launch camera correctly even if sometimes it just stops responding.

just tried again to launch camera from the hw button but the phone rebooted after 1min or so.

news: i tried disabling setcpu (setting performance governor) and it works like a charm

Guest malez

LCR 1.2.3 available

From 1.2.2 to 1.2.3

* fixed Voice Search !

* apps2sd will check for free space before operation (really safer)

* fixed apps2sd when no apps installed

* apps2sd can move dalvik cache and data also (see wiki)

* keep autostart log

* added logboot to display all autostart logs

* added logbootclear to erase all autostart logs

* added memPrint command to display memory usage and settings

* fixed ins_run and ins_runOnce for args

* changed oom settings for less cpu and battery

* corrected log-debug for better structure of logs

* no more need to reinstall update.zip after factory reset/data wipe

* automatic memory settings adjusted

* autokiller updated to 2.2 (personnal preset)

* map fix (credit to shafty) and thanks to zehunter38

Guest linuxluver
LCR 1.2.3 available

From 1.2.2 to 1.2.3

Hi malez

Q: Does the nandroid backup in recovery v0.2.1 backup an existing ext partition by default? I am using apps2sd and want to be able to back up the ext partition at the same time as system....and restore both at the same time.

If it does not, how can we make a backup of the ext partition?

Should I connect it to Linux and make a copy? Should I mount it and use something like Androzip? :-)

Thanks.

Guest malez
Hi malez

Q: Does the nandroid backup in recovery v0.2.1 backup an existing ext partition by default? I am using apps2sd and want to be able to back up the ext partition at the same time as system....and restore both at the same time.

If it does not, how can we make a backup of the ext partition?

Should I connect it to Linux and make a copy? Should I mount it and use something like Androzip? :-)

Thanks.

By default the nandroind backup will backup ext partition too (that's not the case in other recoveries but i have rewritten parts in mine) Look a the name of the backed up directory to know what was backed up.

BECDMRS => BOOT + EXT ON SD + CACHE + DATA + MISC + RECOVERY + SYSTEM

If you want more extra backup/restore option, see in the backoffice menu (adb shell (enter) malez). I hope to release 0.4 soon as all these options are directly in main menu (so no need to use a computer). Still have to fix a little and as i was on lcr i hadn't time for reco.

In recovery mode, enable ums mode, you ext partition should be accessible via your linux.