[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
i like this new run system :P

i think i will update soon.

btw, i'm also trying to experiment with a swap file but i'm getting "Function not implemented" on swapon, is swapping disabled in this the kernel?

again, is there a particular reason for the kernel to be preemptive? (or has someone tried a non preemptive kernel for performance/battery?)

I have the same "Funtion not implemented" on swpon. I have tried with a swap file, not a swap partition. I don't know if swapping is enabled or not in the kernel as we don't have the kernel source. I don't known why the kernel is premptive but disabling it seems to be a good idea to increase battery (and maybe decrease performance) Preemption is enabled at kernel build but there might be a way to disable it passing args on boot. What /proc entrie have you used to know that preemption xas on ? I know that uname display the PREEMPT string.

Keep me informed if you have any new. I will do the same. Actually I will focus on finishing malez recovery 0.4.

Edited by malez

Guest Riekr
I have the same "Funtion not implemented" on swpon. I have tried with a swap file, not a swap partition. I don't know if swapping is enabled or not in the kernel as we don't have the kernel source. I don't known why the kernel is premptive but disabling it seems to be a good idea to increase battery (and maybe decrease performance) Preemption is enabled at kernel build but there might be a way to disable it passing args on boot. What /proc entrie have you used to know that preemption xas on ? I know that uname display the PREEMPT string.

Keep me informed if you have any new. I will do the same. Actually I will focus on finishing malez recovery 0.4.

i don't remember if i've seen the preempt string in uname o dmesg (maybe)

i did a search this morning but it seems there is no chance to disable preemption at runtime since it varies the way source is compiled. i think to remember that if you disable kernel preemption also all modules must be recompiled accordingly. maybe there is some way to vary the thread-scheduler parameters but would like to do 1 step at once :P

preemption is meant to increase responsiveness at cost of very few cpu time but i don't know if it makes sense on an embedded platform.

Guest ma4000

hey guys,

what about some tests with a JIT enabled Dalvik VM?

it should be pretty mature by now, and since LCR is based on 2.1 it should work. JIT increases performance (a lot, up to 3 times) AND saves battery life (fewer cpu cycles needed).

thanks!

Guest Riekr
hey guys,

it should be pretty mature by now, and since LCR is based on 2.1 it should work. JIT increases performance (a lot, up to 3 times) AND saves battery life (fewer cpu cycles needed).

thanks!

if it can be enabled/disabled at runtime i offer me as a tester :P

Guest liquid_it
hey guys,

afaik it should be aosp related, and aosp won't even boot on liquid at the moment..

Guest malez

Warning

dont use apps2sd off --data to only move your data back to phone.

I have identified a bug and you may lose your apps !!

So instead, use apps2sd off that will restore all on phone, and then apps2sd on (--dalvik if you want)

Sorry for this :P

I have fixed it and will provide it in 1.2.4

Guest behnaam
Is it possible to get the home screens in 4x5 grid as it was in Donut? Now with the 4x4 grid the home screens look terrible.

Tried HelixLauncher2 on market? think it has a 4x5 grid

Guest ddt1234

any idea to make liquid to access to contacts/phone interface faster?

seems this version of Rom already fast and smooth,but still have to wait few second to open dialer(consume more time than to launch browser or email......)

Guest ahsid

seems this version of Rom already fast and smooth,but still have to wait few second to open dialer(consume more time than to launch browser or email......)

I did notice they both appear more quickly then in the previous versions, but a tiny bit more would be perfect :P

Guest mirox3m

Turn off the SIM contacts sync: When in Contacts, press Menu/View/SIM -> uncheck.

Guest Palmada
I have problems with the alarm clock ..It plays only the first time!

When in the Alarm list window, click Menu>Settings>Side button behavior and change from dismiss to snooze.

Guest impazzito
When in the Alarm list window, click Menu>Settings>Side button behavior and change from dismiss to snooze.

the problem is not the snoze.. i have setted more than one alarm.. and work only the first!

Guest calle_d
Tried HelixLauncher2 on market? think it has a 4x5 grid

Tried it, and no, it has only 4x4 grid. Is it possible to make some own adjustments?

Guest Riekr

is there a way to set apn "mobile.vodafone.it" as default for Vodafone IT instead of "web.omnitel.it"? (i mean in next releases)

mobile.vodafone.it is the default for the G-Phone offer for android, when yesterday i upgraded to 1.2.3 i've spent 8,33€ :( :P

i think mobile.vodafone.it is also the default for nexus one since i've seen it in other roms for other devices.

Edited by Riekr

Guest liquid_it
is there a way to set apn "mobile.vodafone.it" as default for Vodafone IT instead of "web.omnitel.it"?

I think that if you backup with titanium backup before any upgrade, it will take care of setting the right apn as you make a restore.

Hope this helps.

Guest da900

Great ROM is LCR 1.2.3, fast and stable. Installed it 3 days ago and can't find any problems (currently i don't use app2sd). But have one question: i have seen on your wiki page a file "LCR_1.2.3-signed.zip.md5sum", what is this and what is this for?

Guest Riekr
I think that if you backup with titanium backup before any upgrade, it will take care of setting the right apn as you make a restore.

Hope this helps.

mm that doesn't soleve my problem since i have to download titanium backup from market before restoring apn settings, quite recursive :P

mm that doesn't soleve my problem since i have to download titanium backup from market before restoring apn settings, quite recursive :(

You could store the .apk on your SDCard or your PC and install it :P

Guest liquid_it
You could store the .apk on your SDCard or your PC and install it :P

this is what I do.. :(

I just forgot to write it down in my post..

Guest 5Strogino
Great ROM is LCR 1.2.3, fast and stable. Installed it 3 days ago and can't find any problems (currently i don't use app2sd). But have one question: i have seen on your wiki page a file "LCR_1.2.3-signed.zip.md5sum", what is this and what is this for?

It's for checking special sum for package. Some files on some systems can be downloaded continiously, but not full. If you flash them, you will get errors.

Comparing sum from original post and sum of your downloaded file, you get result - full file or not.

Guest emerald7086
the problem is not the snoze.. i have setted more than one alarm.. and work only the first!

oohhhh...have you used autokiller? it kills the alarm without noticing the user until you set it as "ignore".

Guest malez
oohhhh...have you used autokiller? it kills the alarm without noticing the user until you set it as "ignore".

Autokiller is a jocker. It kills all apps until you tell it "no please this one must keep in live" :P