Guest Leon.786

Hello

I just bought an Acer liquid and the details are :

Firmware Version - 1.6

BaseBand Version - A1-01.04.07

Kernel Version - 2.6.29

Build Number

Acer_Liquid_1.004.03_AAP_GEN2

Can i successfully go ahead and install Eclair irrespective of having the above mentioned details on my Device.

I am asking this because when i matched with the details given in the concerned (Running Roti) thread, the build number is different.

All Help Highly Appreciated

Regardz

Guest mesovortex
Hello

Firmware Version - 1.6

Kernel Version - 2.6.29

Build Number

Can i successfully go ahead and install Eclair irrespective of having the above mentioned details on my Device.

I am asking this because when i matched with the details given in the concerned (Running Roti) thread, the build number is different.

Regardz

All the answer you need is here

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM

:P

Guest sunshine333

Anybody else have problems with GPS in this rom? Mine is really finicky. Once in a while it can find my location but usually it just says "Location temporarily unavailable." I'm not really sure what would cause this problem. I'm using the "[brut]" version that came with the rom. Should this be upgraded or will that lose the nav features since I'm not in the states?

Guest m3allak

I think you have to go to Parameters --> location --> set as default location

that had resolved the problem for me

hope that it has been helpful for you

Guest linuxluver
Hello

Firmware Version - 1.6

Kernel Version - 2.6.29

Build Number

Regardz

All the help you need is written on the LCR install page. Check it out. :-)

http://j.mp/9ux53X

I'd re-type it all here, but it would be a waste of time.

Guest Leon.786
All the help you need is written on the LCR install page. Check it out. :-)

http://j.mp/9ux53X

I'd re-type it all here, but it would be a waste of time.

Hey thnx a lot for the reply..I did check out that page and saw the instructions on doing all the things..!! but i cudnt find out wether i would be able to do all those things on my liquid. I actually used to previously do all this on my iphones and it was very strict on that device as everything had to be very precise. So, here when i found out that my 'BUILD' is actually different..i thought maybe it is better to ask you guys for help.

So my question still remains whether i can go ahead with this mod with my build number being ' Acer_Liquid_1.004.03_AAP_GEN2 '..!!

Also i have three more questions. Would be very honoured if you guys would help me with the same..!!

1) Would i be able to have live wallpapers after this mod ?

2) Would i be able to change the boot screen logo with this mod ?

3) And is this version, i.e. ' ACER_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1_..bin ' different than Evil D Eclair 1.8v (If thats the latest)..and if yes..wot is the real difference?

Thnx a lot..for having the time and patience to deal with a noob like me..:-)..All Help would be highly Appreciated..:-)

Regardz

Guest Leon.786

Hey thnx a lot for the reply..I did check out that page and saw the instructions on doing all the things..!! but i cudnt find out wether i would be able to do all those things on my liquid. I actually used to previously do all this on my iphones and it was very strict on that device as everything had to be very precise. So, here when i found out that my 'BUILD' is actually different..i thought maybe it is better to ask you guys for help.

So my question still remains whether i can go ahead with this mod with my build number being ' Acer_Liquid_1.004.03_AAP_GEN2 '..!!

Also i have three more questions. Would be very honoured if you guys would help me with the same..!!

3) And is this version, i.e. ' ACER_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1_..bin ' different than Evil D Eclair 1.8v (If thats the latest)..and if yes..wot is the real difference?

Thnx a lot..for having the time and patience to deal with a noob like me..:-)..All Help would be highly Appreciated..:-)

Regardz

Guest Seth Cold

time to begin working on a 1.3 release??

with the new bin, of course! :P

PS: i left my liquid in my country since march 19... returning on apr 7 to über update it!

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest xian1243

Since we have the new bin, there's no reason to wait for a new LCR... Just flash it, root it with Malez's latest recovery, and customize to your liking. :P

That's what I did... No bloat, no Acer apps, no crap. Just pure éclair, fast, new radio, and with MT.

The ACER Tool is the key...

Guest malez

YES

useless but if you rebuild the boot.img by yourself you can.

bin version is the base version on wich every custom 2.1 rom are based on. Evil and LCR are 2 customs roms with enhancements (Evil has a custom theme and lcr is concentrating on speed and usability)

Regardz

You are welcom

Guest zehunter
Since we have the new bin, there's no reason to wait for a new LCR... Just flash it, root it with Malez's latest recovery, and customize to your liking. :P

That's what I did... No bloat, no Acer apps, no crap. Just pure éclair, fast, new radio, and with MT.

The ACER Tool is the key...

i'm not totally agree :(

even if with this new bin you probably have someting good, don't forget that it's not final/official ROM (look at version number) so i really thing that a new update.zip based on this bin can be helpful :-)

Guest Leon.786
YES

bin version is the base version on wich every custom 2.1 rom are based on. Evil and LCR are 2 customs roms with enhancements (Evil has a custom theme and lcr is concentrating on speed and usability)

You are welcom

Heyy Thnx a lot..!! Highly Highly Appreciated..!! I actually like..the aesthetical part of Modding..i.e. boot screens and good looks and all..So accrding to you which one shd i go for..dat is 2.1..or Evil..Or LCR (i.e. If evil and LCR are different)..!! Also..for going for either of them..the procedure is the same..all i have to do is change the bin file..(i mean either 2.1 or Evil or LCR) in the Acer Tool right..!? The rest of the procedure would be the same right..!? I am going to follow Running Roti's guide to do so..!!

Kindly advice..!! Again thnx a lot for all your time and patience..!!

Regardz

Guest Leon.786
YES

You are welcom

Also..Buddy..i am looking for some cool stuff like this..

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXc64_jASig...feature=related

Or

2)

So..Which rom should i go for..!?

(Actually as far as i think i understood..I would first have to put that bin inorder to have 2.1 version..and then i would have to add either of the two roms, i.e. Evil or LCR..Right? Also..for those kind of things in the videos above..Which rom should i go for?)

Thnx...Again..:-)

Regardz

Guest malez
Also..Buddy..i am looking for some cool stuff like this..

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXc64_jASig...feature=related

Or

2)

So..Which rom should i go for..!?

(Actually as far as i think i understood..I would first have to put that bin inorder to have 2.1 version..and then i would have to add either of the two roms, i.e. Evil or LCR..Right? Also..for those kind of things in the videos above..Which rom should i go for?)

Thnx...Again..:-)

Regardz

2)is the boot screen used for lcr.

Yes first bin, , then wipe data, after update.zip

everything is described in lcr home page.

Guest malez
Network doesnt seem to work here either same probs with evil rom

i dont know if region is a problem

You use the new bin ! 1.2.4 is for the old one, keep patience and 1.3 will go out soon

Edited by malez

Guest xian1243

@malez

Here's a quick list of things to fix in the new bin... Don't want to pressure you...

SMS/MMS.apk (handscent and chompsms too) are having a hard time loading SMSes... it takes 2 minutes to load and FCs...

Haptic feedback (vibrate when pressed) in the UI (when pressing hardware touch keys), even if the option is disabled in Settings.apk

Thanks a lot for your work. :P And please include Vache's superboot.img in 1.3, for people who can't figure it out on their own...

:(

Guest audiobastard

There's also no voice input in the new bin, unless i'm an idiot and i don't know where to activate it. There's no option in android keyboard settings so, yeah... it needs voice input too.

Guest Leon.786
2)is the boot screen used for lcr.

Yes first bin, , then wipe data, after update.zip

everything is described in lcr home page.

Hey Buddy..Thnx a lot for all your help..Also the rest..Thnx everyone..I actually went ahead yestrday with the stuff and modded my Liquid Successfully..Thnx to Running Roti as well for his guide..!! Everything went well and i loved the new changes..until later in the evening..my phone started showing a problem..!! Whenevr i click gallery..the page gets loaded in the background whereas..in the front i get an error - ' SORRY The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has been stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again. Force Close (is the option to be pressed) '. After i press the force close button it returns to the home page. I tried it several times, booted the phone..even replaced the battery once and booted the phone, but the error still remains..Any clue what it might be..!? Is it that i have wrongly placed my photos in the phone..!? what i did was..I mounted the usb in the phone onto my laptop through the option in the phone and then went in the DCIM folder and placed my pictures folder (about 70 photos). it didnt show a prob then..worked just fine. however, later after 2-3 hrs it started showing that error.

All Help Appreciated.

Also what is the difference between LCR 1.2.3 and now LCR 1.2.4..!?

Thnx

Waiting