[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Leon.786
2)is the boot screen used for lcr.

Yes first bin, , then wipe data, after update.zip

everything is described in lcr home page.

And sorry for asking the dumb question about the difference between LCR 1.2.3 and LCR 1.2.4..I saw i on the page..Thnx..But please help with my previous Query..!!

Regardz

Guest malez
There's also no voice input in the new bin, unless i'm an idiot and i don't know where to activate it. There's no option in android keyboard settings so, yeah... it needs voice input too.

Effectively new bin has not. LCR 1.2.4 and 1.3 have (wil have)

Edited by malez

Guest malez
it's great and preety fast

but no network/service :P

how can i fix it? :( thanks

Fix it by using the right bin file !

I a am pretty sure that if you go in settings/infs you will see baseband : A1-03.10.03

If that the case you don't use the right bin file !

You need to have baseband A1-03.05.02

See here for downloading it http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM

LCR 1.2.3 works with AcerLiquidE_0.0004.01_EMEA_GEN1

No custom rom work for latest bin yet

Guest malez
And sorry for asking the dumb question about the difference between LCR 1.2.3 and LCR 1.2.4..I saw i on the page..Thnx..But please help with my previous Query..!!

Regardz

Official project page is http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

It is the only site that will always be uptodate. Forum may not. So refer to it first.

Changelog is in first page.

- auto fix boot if data/dalvik are symlink and no sd card

- fixed MMS send

- fixed memPrint

- added cardock + carmode

- added file explorer + task manager

- added sendLog

- added tetherbot.apk

- added AppsOrganizer_1.4.8.apk

- added barecodeScanner.apk

- added battery graph

- removed auto flash malez recovery

- added wysie contact

- fixed sipdroid (if not uninstall/resinstall sipdroid)

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Hey Buddy..Thnx a lot for all your help..Also the rest..Thnx everyone..I actually went ahead yestrday with the stuff and modded my Liquid Successfully..Thnx to Running Roti as well for his guide..!! Everything went well and i loved the new changes..until later in the evening..my phone started showing a problem..!! Whenevr i click gallery..the page gets loaded in the background whereas..in the front i get an error - ' SORRY The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has been stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again. Force Close (is the option to be pressed) '. After i press the force close button it returns to the home page. I tried it several times, booted the phone..even replaced the battery once and booted the phone, but the error still remains..Any clue what it might be..!? Is it that i have wrongly placed my photos in the phone..!? what i did was..I mounted the usb in the phone onto my laptop through the option in the phone and then went in the DCIM folder and placed my pictures folder (about 70 photos). it didnt show a prob then..worked just fine. however, later after 2-3 hrs it started showing that error.

All Help Appreciated.

Also what is the difference between LCR 1.2.3 and now LCR 1.2.4..!?

Thnx

Waiting

plug you phone on usb

type adb logcat in a console

make gallery crash

copy everything diaplayed to a file and open a bug here http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list with the log file.

Have you made a factory reset ? If not, you should try

Waiting for your log on project page/issue

Regards

Guest Leon.786
plug you phone on usb

type adb logcat in a console

make gallery crash

copy everything diaplayed to a file and open a bug here http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list with the log file.

Have you made a factory reset ? If not, you should try

Waiting for your log on project page/issue

Regards

Hey..I did not quite understand wot u wrote..Plugging on usb is fine..But wot is the step about typing adb logcat in a console (which console)...!? Also..i just updated to LCR 1.2.4..here also there is same issue..Also my boot screen did not change..but i followed all steps given on the tutorial page..

thnx regard

Guest Leon.786

Official project page is http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

It is the only site that will always be uptodate. Forum may not. So refer to it first.

Changelog is in first page.

- auto fix boot if data/dalvik are symlink and no sd card

- fixed MMS send

- fixed memPrint

- added cardock + carmode

- added file explorer + task manager

- added sendLog

- added tetherbot.apk

- added AppsOrganizer_1.4.8.apk

- added barecodeScanner.apk

- added battery graph

- removed auto flash malez recovery

- added wysie contact

- fixed sipdroid (if not uninstall/resinstall sipdroid)

Hey..I just put the LCR 1.2.4..And after the phone booted..firstly the autokill process crashed..Secondly..I have lost my extra pages which contain short cuts..right side..acer webpage shortcuts..left side..Video/Audio/Photo short cuts..!! Also..I lost my widgets..which come in 2.1 eclair..5 thngs on top..dats is brighness button..acer sync button..wifi..and so on..!! Is this normal..if not..How can i get them bck even after having LCR 1.2.4..HELPPP..!!!!!!

Guest solarw
How can I add the Russian language?

use locale2 application and choose russian

in this rom russian works pretty fine

and i recommend to install htc_ime keyboard

Guest malez
use locale2 application and choose russian

in this rom russian works pretty fine

and i recommend to install htc_ime keyboard

Will be integrated in 1.3

Guest nurogo
Hey..I just put the LCR 1.2.4..And after the phone booted..firstly the autokill process crashed

I have the same problem..

I bought Bettercut, but when i try to add a new shortcut, it's says "Unable to edit shortcuts for android home, if you are editing Open Home, you Must install Open Home first."

In LCR 1.1.1 the aplication worked very well.

Anyone with this problem?

Guest malez
I have the same problem..

I bought Bettercut, but when i try to add a new shortcut, it's says "Unable to edit shortcuts for android home, if you are editing Open Home, you Must install Open Home first."

In LCR 1.1.1 the aplication worked very well.

Anyone with this problem?

Factory reset done ? From 1.1.1 to 1.2.4 it is highly recommanded

Edited by malez

Guest malez

When you encounter apps crash after an update :

- Try to uninstall and reinstall the application

- Make a factory reset in Settings/privacy/Factory reset

- Open an issue

Guest Leon.786
Factory reset done ? From 1.1.1 to 1.2.4 it is highly recommanded

I have reset the phone many times but nothing happened. the issues are :

1) Firstly, i have only three pages to slide to..One on the right and the other on the left..!! No page which comes with donut and eclair where you have acer and other webpage widgets (on the right slide) and the audio/video/gallery widgets (on the left slide)

2) Secondly, i lost the bar which comes on the top after putting eclair..!! The bar with 5 black shortcuts for brightness, acer sync, wifi etc..

3) ALSO, NOW MY NOTIFICATION SUCKS..!! WHEN I GET A MISSED CALL, I DO NOT GET THE MISSED CALL INFO IN THE NOTIFICATION SLIDE DOWN BAR. INSTEAD THE MISSED CALL LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING (EVEN IF I MANUALLY GO TO CALL HISTORY and CHECK) AND THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT IT DOWN IS TO RESTART THE PHONE.

Are all these things normal..!?

Guest Leon.786
When you encounter apps crash after an update :

- Try to uninstall and reinstall the application

- Make a factory reset in Settings/privacy/Factory reset

- Open an issue

Just advice me on this..

I now Plan to format my memory card entirely with not a single file left (will this create any problem)..!! and then put the 2.1 bin via Acer tool and leave it for the time being..!! To have all those short cuts and short cut bars.

Also is LCR 1.2.4 made without all these..!?!? Or is it only my phone which is binging up this issue..!! Also..when i try to install LCR 1.2.3..it shows verification failed..!! Not signed..!!

Now..when i again put the 2.1 bin via Acer tool..!! The notification issue came up..!! Where missed calls do not show in the slide down notification bar and the light up keeps blinking till the phone is restarted..!!

So m thinking to format my memory card completely and then put 2.1 bin via Acer tool and leave it for the time being. But then how to get rid of the notification issue..!?!?!

HELPPPP

Edited by Leon.786

Guest malez

The reallity is that you have no problem, you just don"t know how to use your liquid.

So stop posting here as all your questions are not relative to LCR but to generel usability !

Hope now you can envjoy your phone. If you create another thread titled "help me plese i am a newbie" I am sure users will help you. I have not the time to anwher every questions. Sorry guy.

Regards

Guest nurogo
3) ALSO, NOW MY NOTIFICATION SUCKS..!! WHEN I GET A MISSED CALL, I DO NOT GET THE MISSED CALL INFO IN THE NOTIFICATION SLIDE DOWN BAR. INSTEAD THE MISSED CALL LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING (EVEN IF I MANUALLY GO TO CALL HISTORY and CHECK) AND THE ONLY WAY TO SHUT IT DOWN IS TO RESTART THE PHONE.

Malez,

I have the same problem. It started when i install LCR 1.1.1 and in this 1.2.4 it remains. Is it normal?

I made a factory reset when i install the LCR 1.2.4 in recovery menu. is it necessary to do it again?

thanks,

PS: By the way, thanks for all your effort in making this rom

Edited by nurogo

Guest sunshine333

I have some strange problems with this newest update.

After installing the newer .bin, everything seems to work fine, none of the problems I have later are present.

After installing the superboot (I'm using the one for the previous beta bin from lcr 1.2.3) my screen works fine for the startup image but then I get nothing as soon as it starts booting the OS. It boots however, and I'm able to get it into recovery mode to do factory reset, wipe the delvec cache, and flash the 1.2.4 zip file. After that, the video works fine, but I get "No Service" no matter what I do. So frustrating...

Is there a newer version of superboot that I should be using with this bin that could be causing these problems?

Guest Dona'
I have some strange problems with this newest update.

After installing the newer .bin, everything seems to work fine, none of the problems I have later are present.

After installing the superboot (I'm using the one for the previous beta bin from lcr 1.2.3) my screen works fine for the startup image but then I get nothing as soon as it starts booting the OS. It boots however, and I'm able to get it into recovery mode to do factory reset, wipe the delvec cache, and flash the 1.2.4 zip file. After that, the video works fine, but I get "No Service" no matter what I do. So frustrating...

Is there a newer version of superboot that I should be using with this bin that could be causing these problems?

Why don't you read ... Not the first that anyone answers this question ! You must wait for a new ROM compatible with the newest bin ...

Guest Leon.786
The reallity is that you have no problem, you just don"t know how to use your liquid.

So stop posting here as all your questions are not relative to LCR but to generel usability !

Hope now you can envjoy your phone. If you create another thread titled "help me plese i am a newbie" I am sure users will help you. I have not the time to anwher every questions. Sorry guy.

Regards

Buddy when the rest also have the same problem, how can u put it all on me saying i am a newbie. I ain't a newbie when it comes to following your guide, Ain't a newbie to execute all your instructions and ain't a newbie when it comes to SUCCESSFULLY installing your LCR. However, when your LCR gives problems I get termed as a newbie..!! Also, when all others are having the same problems..!!

Buddy instead of saying all this..you could just write saying u would have a check and would try to solve all these problems..!! Anyways..!! Thanx for all the help

Guest malez
Buddy when the rest also have the same problem, how can u put it all on me saying i am a newbie. I ain't a newbie when it comes to following your guide, Ain't a newbie to execute all your instructions and ain't a newbie when it comes to SUCCESSFULLY installing your LCR. However, when your LCR gives problems I get termed as a newbie..!! Also, when all others are having the same problems..!!

Buddy instead of saying all this..you could just write saying u would have a check and would try to solve all these problems..!! Anyways..!! Thanx for all the help

I have not said it won't be solved. Many of your question are not problems. For problems, please open an issue on our official page for us to work on.

Guest malez

We are working on lcr 1.3 based on new bin. Please report issues in our webpage. We will check them for next release

Edited by malez

Guest Leon.786
Malez,

I have the same problem. It started when i install LCR 1.1.1 and in this 1.2.4 it remains. Is it normal?

I made a factory reset when i install the LCR 1.2.4 in recovery menu. is it necessary to do it again?

thanks,

PS: By the way, thanks for all your effort in making this rom

Hey buddy..I solved that issue today..!! Can't believe i did it being a newbie..:-P..!! Anyways..wot i did was..Removed all the LCR content (zip folders and stuff) from my Memory Card of my phone and then while the phone was connected..i just ran the Acer tool with the Acer_liquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1..... .bin. I waited patiently while it did it's job and then when the phone restarted..I went to Settings..Privacy and did a factory Reset..!! After that i tried giving myself a missed call and the issue got resolved..!! What i mean is i just put the Acer_LiquidE...... .bin and left it there..without continuing the further steps.

Proved Helpful for me..!!

Regardz

Guest umair9001
Hey buddy..I solved that issue today..!! Can't believe i did it being a newbie..:-P..!! Anyways..wot i did was..Removed all the LCR content (zip folders and stuff) from my Memory Card of my phone and then while the phone was connected..i just ran the Acer tool with the Acer_liquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1..... .bin. I waited patiently while it did it's job and then when the phone restarted..I went to Settings..Privacy and did a factory Reset..!! After that i tried giving myself a missed call and the issue got resolved..!! What i mean is i just put the Acer_LiquidE...... .bin and left it there..without continuing the further steps.

Proved Helpful for me..!!

Regardz

Usually, before installing the Update from zip, u should do the wiping (i.e. factory settings and dalvik cache). :P

Guest Leon.786
Usually, before installing the Update from zip, u should do the wiping (i.e. factory settings and dalvik cache). :P

Had tried that..!! Din do any good..!!