[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
not yet.. :P

is it apps2sd-enabled?

From 1.2.4 to 1.3 wipe made on install

* rebuild on new liquid Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1 bin

* multitouch

* added more locale 2 for internationalization (settings in app list)

* added international keybord

* added titanium backup 2.9.7.4

* added tetherbot

* added navlaucher

* added more ringtones

* added sqlite

still app2sd enable of course

Guest youngbro

Thanks for 1.3. I do seem to have an issue though, after wiping my data and putting in 1.3 I seem to have lost use of radio. I cannot connect to my telco. Is this is a bug?

cheers

Guest teunke99
the upgrade is incremental right, has the same benefits as 1.2.4 but with the new .bin and the new changes?

If I apply the superboot, I only get a black screen after the boot animation. Had this before, but thought I'd give it another try with the manual on LCR's wiki. Going to reflash the bin and then just flash malez latest recovery in order to put 1.3 on it.

Any idea why I get the black screen?

thx

Guest linuxluver
the upgrade is incremental right, has the same benefits as 1.2.4 but with the new .bin and the new changes?

Depends on what you mean by "incremental".

You have to effectively wipe the phone by flashing a new BIN, then re-root, then flash the new LCR v1.3.0 ROM after wiping.

If starting over from a new base and ending up with some new features is 'incremental'.....then it's 'incremental'. :-)

Edited by linuxluver

Guest youngbro
Thanks for 1.3. I do seem to have an issue though, after wiping my data and putting in 1.3 I seem to have lost use of radio. I cannot connect to my telco. Is this is a bug?

cheers

ahh scratch that, I figured out what I was doing wrong, need to update the bin first. sorry for the confusion :P

Guest youngbro
ahh scratch that, I figured out what I was doing wrong, need to update the bin first. sorry for the confusion :P

mmm ok I flashed the new bin, updated 1.3 and my radio still wont work. any ideas?

Guest liquid_it

on 1.3 whenever I try to add something to my desktop (widget, shortcut) I get a FC.

logcat states:

I/ActivityManager(  276): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_PICK (has extras) }

W/dalvikvm( 1253): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2aac6160)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_PICK (has extras) }

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1408)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1378)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:2749)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at com.android.launcher2.Launcher.startActivityForResult(Launcher.java:947)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at com.android.launcher2.Launcher$CreateShortcut.onClick(Launcher.java:1989)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at com.android.internal.app.AlertController$AlertParams$3.onItemClick(AlertController.java:884)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:284)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.widget.ListView.performItemClick(ListView.java:3285)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:1657)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1253): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

I/DumpStateReceiver(  276): Added state dump to 1 crashes

edit: it happens with Launcher, Launcher2 & HelixLauncher too

Edited by liquid_it

Guest Dona'
mmm ok I flashed the new bin, updated 1.3 and my radio still wont work. any ideas?

You did anything wrong. Are you sure you flashed the good bin and the good zip ?

Guest Seth Cold
Depends on what you mean by "incremental".

You have to effectively wipe the phone by flashing a new BIN, then re-root, then flash the new LCR v1.3.0 ROM after wiping.

If starting over from a new base and ending up with some new features is 'incremental'.....then it's 'incremental'. :-)

by incremental i meant what i wrote in that post...

DOES IT INCLUDE ALL THE PREVIOUS GOODIES FROM 1.2.4??.. voice search, etc... its not stated in the changelog, and since its new bin... theres my reason to ask

Guest malez
on 1.3 whenever I try to add something to my desktop (widget, shortcut) I get a FC.

logcat states:

I/ActivityManager(  276): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_PICK (has extras) }

W/dalvikvm( 1253):

Have you tried settings privacy factory reset ?

I have never had this. Sure you have the right Rom ? Check the md5 i have added to dispose page.

Dont know if it is possible, but to make sure there are no confusions, cant you make a check on the phone before the flash-procedure/unpacking starts that is contains the correct BIN?

For example, find the files that state what ROM-version is currently flashed in the /etc-directory, and if this/these files are not the correct files (compare or checksum-check for example) the update-procedure stops with an error-message?

Dont know what is possible to do, was just a thought I had to help out and to keep people from putting this update on wrong bin.

Guest liquid_it
Have you tried settings privacy factory reset ?

my fault, never mind. can you explain (even in pm) how does mmc0p2 (the one for apps2sd) is mounted? I can't find any mount line in init.rc for this partition..

Guest scash

Is there still the old .008 issue of not being able to disable haptic feedback on the keyboard? i cant stand the phone vibrating every time i touch it.

and

is it still only 3 screens wide? i need 5 darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest malez
my fault, never mind. can you explain (even in pm) how does mmc0p2 (the one for apps2sd) is mounted? I can't find any mount line in init.rc for this partition..

Happy to see you have solved

. Many cookers that use to take part from LCR are asking me how it is done. Other have just asked to remove thee bootsplash from lcr without telling things clearly.

. I will provide a standard boot.ing with sd ext mounted on boot and root and adb remount. apps2as will be activated via recovery. Just be patient as i have just t finished lcr and would like to take a break. My family miss me and i miss them. I have worked to hardly these last couples of days. I you want to support me do what you want : write, make a donation or what you want. Thank you all.

Guest MrVanes

Yes, haptic feedback is still allways on (seems to be part of the bin). I hate it too, but battery is soooo good on this bin I take it for granted.

Guest malez
Is there still the old .008 issue of not being able to disable haptic feedback on the keyboard? i cant stand the phone vibrating every time i touch it.

and

is it still only 3 screens wide? i need 5 darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You can have 7 screens. Menu/configure