[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
Dont know if it is possible, but to make sure there are no confusions, cant you make a check on the phone before the flash-procedure/unpacking starts that is contains the correct BIN?

For example, find the files that state what ROM-version is currently flashed in the /etc-directory, and if this/these files are not the correct files (compare or checksum-check for example) the update-procedure stops with an error-message?

Dont know what is possible to do, was just a thought I had to help out and to keep people from putting this update on wrong bin.

Your idea is really good but really difficult To implement. The only stable point i could rely on is baseband version. Any other file can be different from a com to another. I will thing of it.

Guest malez

I am tired. It is late. I am not my computer buy on my phone (evidence that rom is stable and usefull for writing with it's new keyboard)

I must leave but it hard to me as i really would like to provide support to any of you.

Thank you for your support, bye

Guest Seth Cold
Because i have forgotten to update it. To it via market

can't see it in the market... even used your recovery to try to unlock it... still no good

other thatn that, great job! thanks for working so hard :P

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest behnaam

Ok guys, we need to give Malez some breathing space, he have done major works on this ROM. Thanks him for the working Apps2SD

So basically, write all requests here and errors u may have encountered in our bugtracker. Write a small list of what ur missing (be realistic, no we cant haxx it to be overclocked to 3ghz lol)

Guest audiobastard

i'm flashing it now. Will post update on how it performs.

well, copilot 8.044 or something like that doesn't work.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest audiobastard

so far i installed all my apps and with most of my widgets on there and 7 desktops it seems to run much better than all previous versions using the new bin and i have a live wallpaper on there. It is slower from cold boot to smooth silk, but that's not a big deal as long as it runs well throughout the day. Still pissed that copilot keeps giving me the code can't run on your computer; invalid library error, but oh well.

Guest audiobastard

if anyone has any luck with turn by turn on this build let me know what you used. I don't trust google map navi. Used it driving around chicago the other day and it was all messed up going backwards, north was east, and it kept telling me to go the wrong way. :P

EDIT: Ok so turns out 2.1 just requires a newer version of the APK for copilot. Working perfectly fine now.

So, it seems this is the rom i'm going to stick with. Its not lightening fast like the 1.6 920 mhz disco rom, but is pretty stable and seems to keep everything moving along at a reasonable pace. I'm using moderate animations and no live wallpapers. Return to swipable desktop is pretty quick which is what i'm most annoyed with about other roms. As a general matter, its pretty snappy and responsive. I've been installing and uninstalling apps and changing settings for the past 4 hours on this thing and its still holding on with good responsiveness. I have run into some force close or not responding prompts, but nothing that didn't get fixed by just clicking "waite." Thank you for your great work on this rom. Really pleased with it right now.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest Redline66

Excellent work!

The first boot was very slow, and the apps / screen transitions very laggy during the first 30 min - what is normal I guess as the cache is wiped out during the installation and needs to be rebuild. Now, everything is working smoothly, even the multitouch ;)

Just one very very little detail : I do not like the first boot screen ("Liquid Community Rom") - just a question of taste of course ;) Is there a way to change it, or is it "embedded" within the boot.img?

Thanks again to all three of you for all your efforts.

Guest Swallow74
Just one very very little detail : I do not like the first boot screen ("Liquid Community Rom") - just a question of taste of course :P Is there a way to change it, or is it "embedded" within the boot.img?

Me too i don't like boot screen, is really poor ;)

For the rest, i must say this rom is the better 2.1 i tried so far. I especially love Helix Launcher because i hate laggy 3d launcher of Eclair. I would prefer also Donut lock screen! ;)

Good job sirs! ;)

Guest zehunter

hi,

great job! i was waiting the LCR update.zip linked with the new ROM to test it, and it's just amazing again about your work!

ok it seems to me to be a little more slower than previous ROM with LCR 1.2.3 but it's not a big deal :-)

i also had once this "freeze" bug about phone in sleep mode that don't want to wake up :-( but only one time for now.

and MT is just good to have ;)

again, thanks a lot!

Guest MrVanes

The "freeze" bug is very annoying and a showstopper to use this ROM for me. It happened on the plain 0.008.06 as well but I haven't seen it (yet) on Xian's ROM.

I don't intend to start a flame war telling which is better, I've used all LCR releases up to 1.2.4 but if (!!?) Xian fixed the freeze I'm sticking to that for a while.

Will keep u informed if I encounter the freeze on Xian's as well!

Guest Riekr
The "freeze" bug is very annoying and a showstopper to use this ROM for me. It happened on the plain 0.008.06 as well but I haven't seen it (yet) on Xian's ROM.

I don't intend to start a flame war telling which is better, I've used all LCR releases up to 1.2.4 but if (!!?) Xian fixed the freeze I'm sticking to that for a while.

Will keep u informed if I encounter the freeze on Xian's as well!

setcpu made mobile freeze for me, try uninstalling it.

Guest malez
setcpu made mobile freeze for me, try uninstalling it.

If you use too little values your phone will not be able to do parrallel backgroung task anymore and will make a lot of time to respond. If you use adb logcat, you wil see it is working but really slowly. Don't try to uninstall, just disable it if you don't want to use it.

What values have you set ?

Guest Riekr
If you use too little values your phone will not be able to do parrallel backgroung task anymore and will make a lot of time to respond. If you use adb logcat, you wil see it is working but really slowly. Don't try to uninstall, just disable it if you don't want to use it.

What values have you set ?

default ones, i decided to uninstall it since i was getting random lock ups (as described by other users in an other thread of this forum).

i'm very happy now to use default ondemand governor in linux and setting up_threshold to 80 instead of 90 (just to get the phone a little more promptive)

when in background and without setcpu linux continues to decide the best freq to complete the jobs.

Guest malez
default ones, i decided to uninstall it since i was getting random lock ups (as described by other users in an other thread of this forum).

i'm very happy now to use default ondemand governor in linux and setting up_threshold to 80 instead of 90 (just to get the phone a little more promptive)

when in background and without setcpu linux continues to decide the best freq to complete the jobs.

hapyy to see youhave no issue anymore

on_demand is a good power management pattern. Modifying up_threshold is a good idea. Well seen

Guest Redline66

@Malez - Saw you answered other threads, maybe you missed my question (see above) :

"Just one very very little detail : I do not like the first boot screen ("Liquid Community Rom") - just a question of taste of course. Is there an easy way to change it, or is it "embedded" within the boot.img?"

KR,

redline

Guest liquid_it
"Just one very very little detail : I do not like the first boot screen ("Liquid Community Rom") - just a question of taste of course. Is there an easy way to change it, or is it "embedded" within the boot.img?"

the splash screen is part of boot.img, there's no easy (aka adb push something) way to change it.

Guest Riekr
hapyy to see youhave no issue anymore

on_demand is a good power management pattern. Modifying up_threshold is a good idea. Well seen

btw, scripts in /data/run doesn't get run at startup in new lcr1.3.

i create a script using:

%ADB% shell ins_run cpu_up_threshold "echo 80 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold"

the scripts gets created and has +x attrib but i need to invoke it manually to set up_threshold

Guest Redline66
the splash screen is part of boot.img, there's no easy (aka adb push something) way to change it.

This is what I thought. So, would the command "fastboot flash splash1 xxx_my_splash_screen_xxx.rgb565" in bootloader mode, followed by "fastboot reboot" work on the Acer Liquid as it works on the HTC? No risk to brick the device?

TIA for your answer.

Redline

Guest malez
btw, scripts in /data/run doesn't get run at startup in new lcr1.3.

i create a script using:

%ADB% shell ins_run cpu_up_threshold "echo 80 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold"

the scripts gets created and has +x attrib but i need to invoke it manually to set up_threshold

i have made a try with

ins_run cpu_up_threshold "touch /data/run.test"

and the file was created on boot.

So in_run works well.

you can use adb logboot to see taht your script was played on boot

Are you sure you have not enabled setcpu on boot that push its own settings after the ins_run one ?

You can use setcpu in advanced to modify this value (don't forget to check on boot in advanced tab)

I just made a test and it works

Guest malez
This is what I thought. So, would the command "fastboot flash splash1 xxx_my_splash_screen_xxx.rgb565" in bootloader mode, followed by "fastboot reboot" work on the Acer Liquid as it works on the HTC? No risk to brick the device?

TIA for your answer.

Redline

It may work as there is a splash1 partition on liquid to and the command must be good but I have not tried it.

Guest Riekr
i have made a try with

ins_run cpu_up_threshold "touch /data/run.test"

and the file was created on boot.

So in_run works well.

you can use adb logboot to see taht your script was played on boot

Are you sure you have not enabled setcpu on boot that push its own settings after the ins_run one ?

You can use setcpu in advanced to modify this value (don't forget to check on boot in advanced tab)

I just made a test and it works

yes it gets started:

04-09-2010 15:50:56 === Starting /system/sbin/run.sh

=====================

04-09-2010 15:50:56 Starting /data/run/cpu_up_threshold

=====================

the problem is i don't have setcpu installed! ;)

it seems there is something else setting up_threshold, it was working in lcd1.2.3 (not tested with 1.2.4). maybe new bin?

logboot output in attach.

boot.log.gz