[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Redline66
Same happened to me just when i installed the rom..its quite common for the leaked 2.1 bins..

i think its related to the leaked beta and will get solved in official...

I encountered the same issue with LCR, eVil's ROM and Liberated ROM, so it's most probably linked to the last Acer's leaked bin.

Guest basheerica

Thanks alot, that fixed it, i skipped rom 008, cuz it took me forever to download, i think i'll upload it to my rapidshare/megaupload accounts so everyone can have it, if that is ok with you.

thanks again.

Guest nameless'

Hello guys,

A litlle update after been using 1.3 since 3 days now.

Rom is pretty fast, slow-down sometimes, but not very important.

Now the part which caused me a lot of problems with earlier versions of 2.1 roms (LCR or Evil) :

Battery usage has really improved since 1.2 (I assume it's partially related to the new bin)

My battery can now last one day, but since I use my phone a lot, I charge it everyday. But @ the end of day, I´m about 40-50% left. (data disabled, but wifi enabled for about 3 hours, and listening music for a little more than 1h), so battery should last 1.5 day I think...

Just one thing : Today, I forgot to turn off wifi. At 9am, I had 100%. @ 2pm, my phone was very hot, and I was unable to turn it on. I had to remove the battery to switch it on, and then, I only had 30% of battery remaining. Note that I wasn't connected to any AP, I assume my phone was just scanning networks constantly.

Maybe I had some other apps running in the background, I don't know, but since my data is disabled, I don't think it would drain the battery very fast.

I'll try to investigate and report back if I find something.

Otherwise, Great work, once again ;)

edit : didn't read carrefully earlier posts, but seems I had the same problem than zehunter.

Edited by nameless'

Guest eViL D:
Amm.........Acer Liquid E 1.004x is Liquid (E) base (2.1 rom).....not early bin .

I upgrade from Acer Liquid 1.005x (1.6 rom) to Acer Liquid E 1.004x gen1 2.1rom.

so... test to play Asphalt 5 this game at first is working fine on base 2.1rom and correctly .

but use Acer Liquid 1.005x (1.6 rom)old rom is not correctly.

I think Asphalt 5 this game have 6 or 7...etc .........I don't think so

but, this game is a target to test all bin rom is very well now.

it (this game) give me know Acer Liquid E 0.008x bin is not a good bin, it hang my machine . radio signo. and wifi sign. is weak too !!

because other company example : HTC OR OTHER really 1.6 firmware or 2.1 firmware play this game is very correctly,

but cpu slow than Acer Liquid.......you can understand my means !! bad bin is 0.008x

Otherwise, I suggest use this game to test all bin (IS /NOT) slow system bin is the best choice.

Anyway, I know make a system is very hard and go out pirvate times. and very special thks for your attention.

I wanna the amend rom is fast to control system and game too !!

If a NEW BIN go out , or LCR update rom go out, I hope that can run this game first to test and base 0.008x maybe not compliant a good bin.

BUT no other choice the 2.1rom ;)

FYI, Acer LiquidE first leaked bin was 0.004x, not 1.004x - you are confusing the 1.6 (donut) bin with the 2.1 (eclair) bin.

Acer has been making changes to the GL drivers, but you can expect things to be sorted out when the official bin/release is out.

Guest emerald7086

@nameless'

in your case, would it be the machine still searching for APs even no connection? it would be quite a battery killer.

==============

in my case, with gps off, wifi off, my location on, some surfing and music, mainly fone and sms usage, the fone runs for over 2days and a half.

it makes liquid a good working fone for me, with 2.1. ;)

Guest malez

Lcr addon pack is now available. v3 is fixed. If you have previously installed v1 or v2 just install on top of it will fix.

All apologies for first version.

I will try to have a look and answer to your posts tomorrow.

Thank you evil, linuxluver and all other i am forgetting to mention, for your implication. It is a real communauty

Edited by malez

Guest linuxluver

I've been on LCR v1.3 since it came out. Having multi-touch and Apps2sd both functioning makes this ROM the best overall Eclair ROM available for Liquid, IMHO.

I have about 200 apps I typically install and without Apps2sd I can't install much more than half of them.....if that.

The performance is acceptable.

The stability is fine. I have had no sudden reboots at all. Not one.

Guest sushiii

Hum, 1.4 has just been released (check the google page). I'm worried about trying to update, my last (and first) attempt to flash my liquid ended by a full brick... But this version seems very tempting!

Guest Dona'

They both need to set the compatibility to XP SP3 to work so it probably doesn't matter ... But I don't know if there is a 64 bits version of the ADT.

Guest malez

Use 32 bits is safer, but in compatibility mode. Best is XP.

If your flash fail but bootloader was updated, you can restore a working phone.

Hope you will appreciate LCR 1.4 :huh:

If you appreciate my work, buy me a bear.

Edited by malez

Guest beghiero
They both need to set the compatibility to XP SP3 to work so it probably doesn't matter ... But I don't know if there is a 64 bits version of the ADT.

No problem at all to update with Windows 7 64 bit with a plain ADT (no set compatibility mode).

Already done 0.004.01 and 0.008.06 without any problem, not yet 0.010.00 (maybe this week-end)...

Also adb and sdk worked perfectly on Seven 64 bit, but now I prefer Linux (unhappily no ADT for Linux...)...

Ciao; Piero.

Guest Dona'
No problem at all to update with Windows 7 64 bit with a plain ADT (no set compatibility mode).

Already done 0.004.01 and 0.008.06 without any problem, not yet 0.010.00 (maybe this week-end)...

Also adb and sdk worked perfectly on Seven 64 bit, but now I prefer Linux (unhappily no ADT for Linux...)...

Ciao; Piero.

It doesn't work on Windows 32 bits without compatibility XP SP3. I thought it would be the same for 64 bits. And yeah unfortunately, no ADT for Linux :P I would like to try with Wine but it's too dangerous ... If it fails during flashing ... :huh:

Edit : LCR 1.4 wallpaper looks great !

Edited by Dona'

Guest audiobastard

if i send you guess a log of me trying to access gps do you think you might be able to see why my gps can't see any satellites anymore. This problem initially started back in LCR 1.2.3 when my gps was directing me backwards, but since I can't even get a sat anywhere in sight w/my phone using gps status, google maps, or copilot. I think I may have destroyed my gps flashing roms, but I was hoping you could look at it to see if its a software/system problem. If yes, then I will use termina to start a log, then I'll open up google maps outside and stand there for a few minutes and then go back and turn off the log. I think this is the right procedure. Thanks guys.

EDIT: this is on all roms now from 1.6 to 2.1. I tried all of them and same problem recently.

flashing your rom now.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest audiobastard
if i send you guess a log of me trying to access gps do you think you might be able to see why my gps can't see any satellites anymore. This problem initially started back in LCR 1.2.3 when my gps was directing me backwards, but since I can't even get a sat anywhere in sight w/my phone using gps status, google maps, or copilot. I think I may have destroyed my gps flashing roms, but I was hoping you could look at it to see if its a software/system problem. If yes, then I will use termina to start a log, then I'll open up google maps outside and stand there for a few minutes and then go back and turn off the log. I think this is the right procedure. Thanks guys.

EDIT: this is on all roms now from 1.6 to 2.1. I tried all of them and same problem recently.

flashing your rom now.

Had to post again b/c now i'm at 100 suckaaaaa. Anyway, i love this rom so far. Its very good and very fast and seems quite stable. I like all the new touches (icons, apps). Really good work guys. Unfortunately, for me, the gps is still not working. Its not the rom at this point. Either way, I definitely recommend this one for sure.

Guest audiobastard

barnacle wifi tether doesn't work. Failed to connect to supplicant: no such file exists

process stopped unexpectedly.

so , that sucks.

also, just got a lockscreen freeze. Had to pull battery.

Edited by audiobastard