[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Mythrix

Huh, for some reason my Liquid booted into a black screen after I flashed superboot. I could hear the boot sound which usually means I can enter the PIN code, but the screen was blank and didn't give any feedback from tapping.

But I managed to install LCR1.4 from Malez recovery mode, and it worked after that! :huh: Hopefully there will be less times that the phone goes dead. Even with LCR1.3 my phone would sometimes just go unresponsive with a black screen, and I would have to take out the battery and put it back in to make it start again. Usually when battery is somewhat low, like below 50% or so.

So you changed the UI? Different colors and everything, cool. Actually the biggest complaint I have is that there is no "clear" notifications button... sometimes, f.ex. when I upgrade a lot of apps, I don't really want to click into each notification to get rid of them. But I guess I can live with that somehow.

Also, is it just me, or is Titanium backup pretty slow? Oh well, it's still a lot quicker than reinstalling all my apps manually. :P

Guest malez
I can't use app2sd in 1.4.

*I have just tested the extreme case apps2sd on --dalvik --data (in terminal emulator) => it works well.

Maybe you don't have the right 0.10 bin (does not work non 0.8bin) Your baseband must be A1-03.12.01

For safer result, move using recovery

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Huh, for some reason my Liquid booted into a black screen after I flashed superboot. I could hear the boot sound which usually means I can enter the PIN code, but the screen was blank and didn't give any feedback from tapping.

But I managed to install LCR1.4 from Malez recovery mode, and it worked after that! :huh: Hopefully there will be less times that the phone goes dead. Even with LCR1.3 my phone would sometimes just go unresponsive with a black screen, and I would have to take out the battery and put it back in to make it start again. Usually when battery is somewhat low, like below 50% or so.

So you changed the UI? Different colors and everything, cool. Actually the biggest complaint I have is that there is no "clear" notifications button... sometimes, f.ex. when I upgrade a lot of apps, I don't really want to click into each notification to get rid of them. But I guess I can live with that somehow.

Also, is it just me, or is Titanium backup pretty slow? Oh well, it's still a lot quicker than reinstalling all my apps manually. :P

There is a clear button on top right of notification bar that will validate all notifications. Just reflashed and tested after many apps installation.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
No problem at all to update with Windows 7 64 bit with a plain ADT (no set compatibility mode).

Already done 0.004.01 and 0.008.06 without any problem, not yet 0.010.00 (maybe this week-end)...

Also adb and sdk worked perfectly on Seven 64 bit, but now I prefer Linux (unhappily no ADT for Linux...)...

Ciao; Piero.

If you have a solution to flash under linux, i am interested

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Hi, is anyone getting a MD5 fail error on the 10.0 leak rom megaupload? I've downloaded it twice and C:\A1_DL_Tool_[intra][single]_v3.100_20091027 gives me a "incorrect file" error... I think I'll hold off on upgrading...

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest Raymond Chen
*I have just tested the extreme case apps2sd on --dalvik --data (in terminal emulator) => it works well.

Maybe you don't have the right 0.10 bin (does not work non 0.8bin) Your baseband must be A1-03.12.01

For safer result, move using recovery

LCR 1.4, everything is good, very fast, and stable. I also see cpu runs on 920Mhz in setcpu.

But after I enable apps2sd only apps, it becomes terrible slow. Always freeze and no respond.

Guest Mythrix
There is a clear button on top right of notification bar that will validate all notifications. Just reflashed and tested after many apps installation.

Hmm, I'll have a look. Right now I'm struggling to get apps2sd to work. It just goes into a boot loop (it shows the animation up to the acer liquid logo, then it starts over from the broken glass again, for several minutes). :huh:

It worked with LCR1.3 and Malezrecovery4.3, but can't get it to work with 1.4/5.2. *sigh* I guess I'll leave it for now, already spent too much time on this.

Guest beghiero
If you have a solution to flash under linux, i am interested

Same for me :huh:.

I connect for all things (charge, adb, etc.) my Liquid to my Linux Server (adb shell is far better under Linux...), and I need to move it to my Windows PC only for .bin flash.

Maybe we can try to examinate .bin files to try to extract parts, but if succesful howto reflash the radio one?

All other parts, I think, are reflashable via adb.

Thank you for all.

Ciao, Piero.

Edited by beghiero

Guest tanoxxx
LCR 1.4, everything is good, very fast, and stable. I also see cpu runs on 920Mhz in setcpu.

But after I enable apps2sd only apps, it becomes terrible slow. Always freeze and no respond.

I not see 920mhz on setpu... :huh:

Guest Ultimate Chicken

And I'm still getting "Caution! Image File Incorrected!!" and an MD5 fail error on ROM Acer_LiquidE_0.010.00_EMEA_GEN1.bin, without even the foggiest idea why.

Is there an alternate location I can get that? I only see the MU link around here....

Guest matthewye

How can I setcpu to 920MHz under 2.1? I was able to clockup to 1GHz in Donut 1.6 but don't know how under 2.1. Please help.

! THX :huh:

Guest aukarakiri

Hello everybody.

This Rom is very good.

But I have a little problem, in the htc ime keyboard not work the vibration....Someone have the same problem?

Guest tanoxxx
How can I setcpu to 920MHz under 2.1? I was able to clockup to 1GHz in Donut 1.6 but don't know how under 2.1. Please help.

Yes how do that?????

I think is not possible!

Guest malez

You can't because be don't have kernel source for the 2.1 kernel and limitation is stored in it. I will have à look later

Edited by malez

Guest malez

Ir

On first boot after à change of storage location, it is normal because dalvik is rebuild after boot. You are not enough patient. Thinks work smooth a few minutes after rrboot

Guest Ultimate Chicken

I grabbed it from the RS link but I still get MD5 errors. The heck...=.=

Is there supposed to be a newer version of the Acer Tool or something? This is the fifth download so far and it's still MD5ing on my copy!

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest Raymond Chen
On first boot after à change of storage location, it is normal because dalvik is rebuild after boot. You are not enough patient. Thinks work smooth a few minutes after rrboot

Understood, I'll try it again, thank you.

Guest aukarakiri
Hello everybody.

This Rom is very good.

But I have a little problem, in the htc ime keyboard not work the vibration....Someone have the same problem?

Nothing???