[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest willyaranda

Using latest LCR (congrats!), I'm having problems while downloading from Market. I can't update apps, I can't download new ones… I've tried to open and close google talk, but it doesn't work…

any ideas?

ps: oh, i forgot to mention that the first time I've opened the market the icon was with an eye closed, and latter, without it, it was a custom market apk?

Edited by willyaranda

Guest malez
Using latest LCR (congrats!), I'm having problems while downloading from Market. I can't update apps, I can't download new ones… I've tried to open and close google talk, but it doesn't work…

any ideas?

ps: oh, i forgot to mention that the first time I've opened the market the icon was with an eye closed, and latter, without it, it was a custom market apk?

The first time you open market, you have to validate license agrement, have you done it ? If you have not installed many apps, i advice you to do a factory reset. You must have a problem with your account configuration. Or maybe it is just a temporry fail with google server. That happens sometimes.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Hello Malez,

thanks once more! Can I use the 1.3 Addonpack on the new 1.4 rom?

Danny

No i will recreate a new addon pack for 1.4 ext week.

Some files in 1.3 addon pack are already included in 1.4 and other wont work (google earth for exemple)

Guest sushiii

Ok I just flashed to the lcr 1.4 (and no problem, great!). But I now have a "problem" or at least a question.

The audio quality of the liquid is baad, I use nuforce ne-7m, and the sound was a lot better on my iphone, or on my pc. Is it just the quality of the phone? Or is there a way to improve it?

Edited by sushiii

Guest Pegaxs

Installed this ROM last night... Initially it worked quite well... left it and went to sleep. Woke up and saw i had the mail notification light on. Went to check... no mail. No sms. Cleared the notification drop down box. checked my mail/sms again and again. deleted them all and still this light wont go away. Turned the phone off and could not turn it back on... removed battery for 30 seconds and replaced it and it booted up again. Every time it boots it just goes into sync with SIM contacts and just never syncs... i have to clear message. about 1 min after it comes back on, the mail notification light comes on and stays on. Not flashing or anything... just on with no mail...

Other then these things, it looks like its going to be a good thing... :huh:

Guest mmkim
Installed this ROM last night... Initially it worked quite well... left it and went to sleep. Woke up and saw i had the mail notification light on. Went to check... no mail. No sms. Cleared the notification drop down box. checked my mail/sms again and again. deleted them all and still this light wont go away. Turned the phone off and could not turn it back on... removed battery for 30 seconds and replaced it and it booted up again. Every time it boots it just goes into sync with SIM contacts and just never syncs... i have to clear message. about 1 min after it comes back on, the mail notification light comes on and stays on. Not flashing or anything... just on with no mail...

Other then these things, it looks like its going to be a good thing... :huh:

yes. I have same as your problem too

Every time it boots it just goes into sync with SIM contacts ...........

I believe that is bin little problem bug. :P

Guest malez
yes. I have same as your problem too

Every time it boots it just goes into sync with SIM contacts ...........

I believe that is bin little problem bug. :huh:

To make SIM sync notification go on, simply add a sim account in Settings/Account

Edited by malez

Guest linuxluver

Just upgraded my Liquid to the latest leaked BIN, then wiped / flashed LCR v1.4 and malez Recovery 0.5.2.

The improvement in the ROMs and the tools over the past couple of months has been HUGE.

Truly excellent.

Sure...there are a couple of minor bugs, but all the important stuff and almost all of everything else works perfectly.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest da900

Hello all from LCR team. I have just flashed your last 1.4 ROM. It is great and fast. The only thing - why are there so many 3rd party apps in your ROM? :huh:

Guest willyaranda
The first time you open market, you have to validate license agrement, have you done it ? If you have not installed many apps, i advice you to do a factory reset. You must have a problem with your account configuration. Or maybe it is just a temporry fail with google server. That happens sometimes.

I've done a factory reset, and wiped too. The point is that it keeps on Starting download but nothing happens. Also, as I pointed earlier, the bag with the droid has a "pirate patch" in the eye…

More ideas?

Guest willyaranda
I've done a factory reset, and wiped too. The point is that it keeps on Starting download but nothing happens. Also, as I pointed earlier, the bag with the droid has a "pirate patch" in the eye…

More ideas?

well, It seems that it's downloading but veeeeeeeeeery slow, and it waits around 20minutes to begin a download. this could be google's problem?

Guest malez

E

well, It seems that it's downloading but veeeeeeeeeery slow, and it waits around 20minutes to begin a download. this could be google's problem?

So it is relative to your provider not to the rom. Have you tried WiFi ?

Guest mmkim

To make SIM sync notification go on, simply add a sim account in Settings/Account

it should make this SIM SYNC to add SIM ACCOUNT setting before wipe factory reset !! :P

I have add google to sysc my contacts. It working on my phone.

But, is it a bin bug? because no happen this before. :huh:

Guest willyaranda
E

So it is relative to your provider not to the rom. Have you tried WiFi ?

sorry for all this complains, it seems that I'm having problems with my router's WiFi as I can only download at 10% of my connection, but ethernet works well, doing tethering from my MacBook via WiFi works without problem.

sorry for all!

ps: launcher2 uses around 50mb of memory, is it normal? :S

Guest audiobastard

I would simply warn folks this one seems to be really buggy. I never got so many lockscreens on what seemed to be a functional rom. Force closes fairly often. Don't know what else to say, seemed to work relatively well the first day. Its not ready or the bin is junk.

Guest malez
I would simply warn folks this one seems to be really buggy. I never got so many lockscreens on what seemed to be a functional rom. Force closes fairly often. Don't know what else to say, seemed to work relatively well the first day. Its not ready or the bin is junk.

Just stange you are the only one to report that. Till now i had no issue at all with my hundred apps.

Please, could you be more precise : what app crash, when ? Are your apps stored on sd ? Are you apps restored with titanium backup or reinstalled from market ?

Please open issue in bugtracker and be as precize as porssible. Bugtracker is done for that.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list

Edited by malez

Guest malez
sorry for all this complains, it seems that I'm having problems with my router's WiFi as I can only download at 10% of my connection, but ethernet works well, doing tethering from my MacBook via WiFi works without problem.

sorry for all!

ps: launcher2 uses around 50mb of memory, is it normal? :S

Are you living in a bunker ? You seems to have many issues with wireless networking :huh:

When you say 10% of you connexion, what is your wifi download speed exactly ?

I confirm that launcher 2 use 46 Mb. That should be normal (should be compared with another rom)

Edited by malez

Guest willyaranda
Are you living in a bunker ? You seems to have many issues with wireless networking :huh:

When you say 10% of you connexion, what is your wifi download speed exactly ?

I confirm that launcher 2 use 46 Mb. That should be normal (should be compared with another rom)

no, not in a bunker :P, but my router seems to have some issues with WiFi, from time to time becomes really slow (just wifi, ethernet OK). I have 20Mbps, and the wifi is 54g. Actually it's working without any issue.

Guest malez
hi everyone,

i read that the lastest LCR 1.4 have some issue with apps2SD, can you confirm, or it's ok?

regards,

LCR 1.4 has no more issue than any previous version. Apps2sd works well. Of course storing data on sd will slow down your system (but it works). That's not a scoop. There is choice to do. If you move apps and dalvik and keep data on phone, performance will be nearly the same. It also depends on un sdcard speed and quality. I have remade some more tests ( and everything was already tested before i have released) and it works.

On first boot after a move of storage location (to sd / to phone) dalvik-cache is fully rebuild. It takes times and it is not fully finished when system goes up, so you can see some 'apps not responding' messages. Just tell 'wait' and be patience until dalvik is fully rebuild. Then everything will work in a totally normal way.

In resume : go to the official page and you will read this

If you don't have space problems on you phone or don't frequently flash your phone, you don't really need this. You must know that if your apps are stored on sd, and the sd card is not present on boot, you will not have any apps. Fortunatly this case is now catched and the phone will boot !

So if you need space on phone

1. move apps to sd (if that's not enough)

2. move dalvik to sd (will free a little more space)

3. move data to sd (not recommanded and won't be required)

Hope I have answered your questions.

Guest Palsternackan

While I think LCR is great and worth of my donations, i just cant stand the theme that is used in 1.4.

Is there any way to get back the sliding app drawer and the original theme colour without downgrading to 1.3?

/Palsternackan

For the Sliding app drawer, just download HelixLauncher (not helixLauncher2) on the market.

As for the Stock Theme, well there's a way. Have to get stock looking framework-res and setting.apk and then push them via ADB. If I have time I'll post them.

EDIT: Okay try these:

services.jar: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdjdze1oemu

framework-res.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?h5jyyomzm22

settings.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmxdgnjyynn

To install them:

adb remount

adb push services.jar /system/framework

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb push settings.apk /system/app

Tell me if it works.

Edited by bais

Guest malez
While I think LCR is great and worth of my donations, i just cant stand the theme that is used in 1.4.

Is there any way to get back the sliding app drawer and the original theme colour without downgrading to 1.3?

/Palsternackan

If you want to restore the sliding app drawer, look at helix laucher 1 on the market.

I will try to release a patch to untheme LCR 1.4