[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Managed to solve the silly MD5 issue in another thread.

Quick questions:

1. Does the liquid use a different boot splash resolution? The one I created with the standard G1 instructions doesn't seem to work. It gave me a black screen in splashq1. PS: this is an image created from a png file through the CreateG1Splash.exe program.

2. How do I get at splash2? I can flash splash1 just fine (which is why I got the Black Screen instead ofthe Acer logo now), but when I try to replace the LCR splash (which should be in splash2), I get a FAILED: Remote Partition Doesn't Exist.

3. Why doesn't the command "fastboot devices" ever work on the liquid? I can communicate with my Liquid through fastboot -i 0x0502 just fine (installed recovery 0.5.2 this way), but "fastboot devices" shows nothing no matter what I do (no, fastboot -i 0x0502 devices is an invalid command).

Note1: The instructions I was trying to follow are here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=456071

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...lashboot_Images

Note: NOT boot animation, that's easy and already done.

Edited by Ultimate Chicken

Guest zehunter
LCR 1.4 has no more issue than any previous version. Apps2sd works well. Of course storing data on sd will slow down your system (but it works). That's not a scoop. There is choice to do. If you move apps and dalvik and keep data on phone, performance will be nearly the same. It also depends on un sdcard speed and quality. I have remade some more tests ( and everything was already tested before i have released) and it works.

On first boot after a move of storage location (to sd / to phone) dalvik-cache is fully rebuild. It takes times and it is not fully finished when system goes up, so you can see some 'apps not responding' messages. Just tell 'wait' and be patience until dalvik is fully rebuild. Then everything will work in a totally normal way.

In resume : go to the official page and you will read this

If you don't have space problems on you phone or don't frequently flash your phone, you don't really need this. You must know that if your apps are stored on sd, and the sd card is not present on boot, you will not have any apps. Fortunatly this case is now catched and the phone will boot !

So if you need space on phone

1. move apps to sd (if that's not enough)

2. move dalvik to sd (will free a little more space)

3. move data to sd (not recommanded and won't be required)

Hope I have answered your questions.

thanks for your answer :huh: i'm already using apps2sd without issue (and i know about slow speed) on LCR 1.2.4, and i wanted to be sure it still working with lastest BIN and LCR.

i will now update my phone.

once more to all dev, great job! :P

Guest CedricGatay
For the Sliding app drawer, just download HelixLauncher (not helixLauncher2) on the market.

As for the Stock Theme, well there's a way. Have to get stock looking framework-res and setting.apk and then push them via ADB. If I have time I'll post them.

EDIT: Okay try these:

services.jar: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdjdze1oemu

framework-res.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?h5jyyomzm22

settings.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmxdgnjyynn

To install them:

adb remount

adb push services.jar /system/framework

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb push settings.apk /system/app

Tell me if it works.

Seemed to work, settings widget still blue though and I had to reconfigure my Google account, Thanks :huh:

Guest audiobastard
Just stange you are the only one to report that. Till now i had no issue at all with my hundred apps.

Please, could you be more precise : what app crash, when ? Are your apps stored on sd ? Are you apps restored with titanium backup or reinstalled from market ?

Please open issue in bugtracker and be as precize as porssible. Bugtracker is done for that.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list

Yeah, i'm sorry about that comment, I guess it did sound pretty harsh. I was just a bit disappointed that it would just all of a sudden go lockscreen on me when i check the phone in the morning or after a few hours of it charging. I get forcecloses regularly on bootup specifically with twidroid. I also get the mail led thing, but thats not a concern of mine. I can't recall right now, but apps like pandora or similar ones with background functionality seem to get a force close at various times. Its like I open google voice to type an sms and the keyboard is supersluggish to respond, and then an error like pandora is not responding or twidroid is not responding or dialer is not responding pops up when I haven't touched those things since bootup. Really odd, but I wouldn't put it being just my dumbarse phone. I also got an android.process. core force close. The contacts was terribly sluggish too, but importing from sim I think is the fix for that.

as for your questions: I reinstall some apps from the market and most apps from titanium backup w/out data.

I had to flash something different b/c I can't have my phone freezing on me and me missing calls.

Other than that, I do like the look of the new LCR and it seemed quite fast when something in the background wasn't holding up the phone. As an aside, I don't use apps to sd. I'm pretty basic on that.

Great work on the rom, i'm just having difficulties with the force closes and phone freeze ups. Perhaps a bad flash, I dunno. I'm glad others are having success with it.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest malez
Yeah, i'm sorry about that comment, I guess it did sound pretty harsh. I was just a bit disappointed that it would just all of a sudden go lockscreen on me when i check the phone in the morning or after a few hours of it charging. I get forcecloses regularly on bootup specifically with twidroid. I also get the mail led thing, but thats not a concern of mine. I can't recall right now, but apps like pandora or similar ones with background functionality seem to get a force close at various times. Its like I open google voice to type an sms and the keyboard is supersluggish to respond, and then an error like pandora is not responding or twidroid is not responding or dialer is not responding pops up when I haven't touched those things since bootup. Really odd, but I wouldn't put it being just my dumbarse phone. I also got an android.process. core force close. The contacts was terribly sluggish too, but importing from sim I think is the fix for that.

as for your questions: I reinstall some apps from the market and most apps from titanium backup w/out data.

I had to flash something different b/c I can't have my phone freezing on me and me missing calls.

Other than that, I do like the look of the new LCR and it seemed quite fast when something in the background wasn't holding up the phone. As an aside, I don't use apps to sd. I'm pretty basic on that.

Great work on the rom, i'm just having difficulties with the force closes and phone freeze ups. Perhaps a bad flash, I dunno. I'm glad others are having success with it.

Restoration with Titanium could be the reason. Just a try for apps that crash on you phone : uninstall them and restore the with Titanium but WITHOUT data. It is the reason of many apps crash when restoration is done on another rom that the one the backup was made on.

Concerning sim import, don't forget to add a SIM account in settings/accounts

No problem on you comment : if you have a problem, i will do my best to indentify the reason and fix it. That's the game. Even if i try to do my best, nothing is perfect.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
For the Sliding app drawer, just download HelixLauncher (not helixLauncher2) on the market.

As for the Stock Theme, well there's a way. Have to get stock looking framework-res and setting.apk and then push them via ADB. If I have time I'll post them.

EDIT: Okay try these:

services.jar: http://www.mediafire.com/?zdjdze1oemu

framework-res.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?h5jyyomzm22

settings.apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmxdgnjyynn

To install them:

adb remount

adb push services.jar /system/framework

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

adb push settings.apk /system/app

Tell me if it works.

As i have said : I am currently creating an update package with unthemed apps. Just let me finalize and test it, please. I will also add the launcher of LCR 1.3 in it (it will be uninstallable)

That is nearly finished, just a little patience please.

Thank you for your support Bais.

Guest malez
Seemed to work, settings widget still blue though and I had to reconfigure my Google account, Thanks :huh:

Just be patient, my Settings widget is the original green one.

The only thing I must change back is the color of the notification text. Except that, all is done

Edited by malez

Guest Mythrix
Hmm, I'll have a look. Right now I'm struggling to get apps2sd to work. It just goes into a boot loop (it shows the animation up to the acer liquid logo, then it starts over from the broken glass again, for several minutes). :huh:

Argh, now it goes into a boot loop even though I haven't tried enabling apps2sd. :P It worked for a full two days as long as I kept it on, but after turning it off now (actually it hanged for some reason so I had to take out the battery) it won't boot without going into the boot loop. Sometimes it gets as far as the PIN input screen, but then reboots.

Don't know if it's because I imported some incompatible settings with Titanium or so... I tried running a Titanium restore without restoring data for preinstalled apps, but I also tried importing Wifi settings and some other stuff, not sure if that could cause it. I guess I'll try restoring again with even less import settings before I post anything on the bugtracker. *sigh*

Guest Apocangel

I have a few rather ridiculous requests.

I would LOVE if i could get the LCR ROM with:

1. - Black/GREEN theme. As Palsternackan I just cant stand the Black/Blue theme just as i cant stand the normal theme.

2.- SmokedGlass launcher - Love to have the phone and browser buttons on the launcher bar instead of the icons using up valuable real estate. Helix doesn't have the buttons and the Desire launcher is just too bulky.

3. - No LCR Splash Screen. No disrespect here to you Malez. Your ROM is AWESOME but i could do without the LCR splash screen any day, I find it too flashy/colorful . I'd settle for the blue standard screen from the standard boot.img that was posted a few weeks ago.

4.- No apps but the very basic ones.

@liquid_it thnx didn't notice a new boot.img was out.

@Piter Tried Helix2 and its much better than the Helix i tried before. I take back what i said about it.

Edited by Apocangel

Guest Piter1225
I have a few rather ridiculous requests.

I would LOVE if i could get the LCR ROM with:

1. - Black/GREEN theme. As Palsternackan I just cant stand the Black/Blue theme just as i cant stand the normal theme.

2.- SmokedGlass launcher - Love to have the phone and browser buttons on the launcher bar instead of the icons using up valuable real estate. Helix doesn't have the buttons and the Desire launcher is just too bulky.

3. - No LCR Splash Screen. No disrespect here to you Malez. Your ROM is AWESOME but i could do without the LCR splash screen any day, I find it too flashy/colorful . I'd settle for the blue standard screen from the standard boot.img that was posted a few weeks ago.

4.- No apps but the very basic ones.

2. In Helix u can add shortcuts, just drop them on boom bar

3. You know, splash screen is like label on clothes, someone cuts it after buying, and someone flashes it everywhere, but manufacturer always will be adding it

And btw, u reboot ur phone that often?

Guest liquid_it

you can always flash the developer boot.img malez just released. it does have a standard blue screen. I like minimalistic gfx too.

@malez: just in case you'd like to rethink splash image and boot animation of LCR, I'll contribute, if you want me to!

Guest Apocangel

@Piter

Helix has always given me trouble but ill give it a try.

Sometimes I reflash my phone up to 5 times a day. I'm always playing around with the ROMs adding and removing APKs Fonts and other stuff.

Right now I'm using both LCR and Liberated (Nandroid restore) since I was trying to make a hybrid of both. Never thought u guys would make my work easier by joining

Guest Scsiborg

Is anyone else having problems installing apps - insufficuent storage - downloads fine, just plain wont install on this rom. This is a fresh install, full wipe, dalvic wipe, cache wipe prior to update

Guest Scsiborg
Is anyone else having problems installing apps - insufficuent storage - downloads fine, just plain wont install on this rom. This is a fresh install, full wipe, dalvic wipe, cache wipe prior to update

Internal memory remaining 142mb

Guest da900

Yes, i have this issue too after applying 1.4 patch (both black or white) to the clean LCR 1.4 (after wipping and reflashing it) :huh:

Edited by da900

Guest Scsiborg
Yes, i have this issue too after applying 1.4 patch (both black or white) to the clean LCR 1.4 (after wipping and reflashing it) :huh:

I thought that this might be down to apps to sd being set active by default or something - but on closer inspection this isnt the case.

Guest Wendigogo
Internal memory remaining 142mb
I'll having those issues with some apps on LCR-1.3 (not really using LCR-1.4 for a long time so ...).

Solution I found is just uninstall the app before reinstalling updated version directly. If you use the market to uninstall the app, it will stay on downloaded list as you stay on the market; so it would be easy to install updated version by this way.

Guest Swallow74

I have a microSD card pre-partitioned for apps2sd with all apps installed in it. With last Piter's rom apps2sd works well. With LCR 1.4, when i try to activate apps2sd (on the same microSD) via Malez recovery 5.2, phone stuck in reboot loop. What's wrong?

Guest Scsiborg
I'll having those issues with some apps on LCR-1.3 (not really using LCR-1.4 for a long time so ...).

Solution I found is just uninstall the app before reinstalling updated version directly. If you use the market to uninstall the app, it will stay on downloaded list as you stay on the market; so it would be easy to install updated version by this way.

Right, no it dosent actualy install any new apps, we arent trying to uninstall or update anything. Whenever any app is downloaded the error recieved is that insufficient space is available

Edited by Scsiborg

Guest Wendigogo
Right, no it dosent actualy install any new apps, we arent trying to uninstall or update anything. When ever any app is downloaded the error recieved is that insufficient space is available
And by installing an apk from filemanager the issue is still the same ?

Where can I found information about black/white theme for LCR-1.4 (screenshots or differences with LCR-1.4 original theme) ?

Guest Scsiborg
And by installing an apk from filemanager the issue is still the same ?

Where can I found information about black/white theme for LCR-1.4 (screenshots or differences with LCR-1.4 original theme) ?

LCR community page contains all downloads/documentation

Guest runner780

Thanks for stealing piter uhum!! kiddin.. Like all your work but i like piters rom best because there werent alot of 3rd party apps in it just the basic ones u need.. Are you planning to make a fast and basic rom like piters under the LCR flag, i'm sure a lot of people would like that..

Guest Wendigogo
LCR community page contains all downloads/documentation
:P

The wiki's just beeing updated !

@runner780 : you're right, I wait for this basic LCR rom but 3rd party apps aren't big issue (have some with Acer stock rom no ?). Just launch Titanium and uninstall them. :huh:

Guest runner780

I really liked the launcher which was in piters add on/extra's of the 1.4 rom. Is the one in the lcr add on the same? Can some one please make a post with a screenshot of all the different launchers, cause i cannot see the difference anymore...Thanks in advance.....

Guest malez

LCR 1.4 Black / White theme v 1.1 are available.

On first boot, that may take a long time and you could see some "no responding apps", just answer wait. That is normal : just be patient/

I you have installed v1 and a least on app was intalled on your phone, everything is OK. If you have installed v1.0 just after a wipe, you won't be able to install any apps !

I know that is stupid but I have forgotten than if a parent directory does not exists, it will be created with wrong access right.

All of this if fixed in v1.1

So if you have installed v1.0 and have "no more space left" issues, please excuse me and install v1.1 instead

Both packages contains the fast Helix launcher that was used in LCR 1.3. You can choose to use it or not and can uninstall it via the application manager.

Here are screenshots

White Theme

whitePatch.jpg

Black Theme

blackPatch.jpg

(Someone was asking if there is any different with the standard theme : no there is not but if you install white theme and want to back back to the black one, I think you will appreciate no to fully reinstall LCR 1.4)

Edited by malez