[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest audiobastard
Been using it for two days without any crash but I need confirmation from other people. Should work without problem though.

If I missed any part of the theme or anyone has suggestions please let me know.

When Piter releases a theme with battery percentage I'll add it to the theme.

issue 68 is mine from the .008 bin. Compass works fine when I calibrate, but I can't say about navigation because my gps can't see satellites any more. I think I broked3d it dead. Give it a try, i think its worth an upgrade to LCR 1.4 from anything .008

Guest Apocangel
Please return to use normal battery with percentage..is so much better....

Ps.Sorry but for me the battery icon in this way,with the circle is so bad...(Is personal taste)

Here you go, NO PERCENTAGE YET but NORMAL BATTERY ICONS, just flash it in recovery. remember to do a Nandroid backup

Download link

Edited by Apocangel

Guest Apocangel
Thanks..you are kind to post that..

But is not possible to make icon battery with percentage?

I dont know how to add the percentage sorry but if someone uploads a services.jar with the percentage code in, iI might be able to do something.

Either way the LCR team is already working on adding the percentage to the battery so when they do ill just add it to the theme.

Please let me know how the theme works.

Guest tanoxxx
I dont know how to add the percentage sorry but if someone uploads a services.jar with the percentage code in, iI might be able to do something.

Either way the LCR team is already working on adding the percentage to the battery so when they do ill just add it to the theme.

The theme work good..

Thanks.

Guest Piter1225

Yep, we are working on percent battery, I hope it will be ready for next release.

Guest Oskaar
never restore data associated with you apps using titanium backup if they were backed up with another rom than the one you are currently running

Internal data storage format changes from on rom to another, specially from 1.6 to 2.1 !. Your system won't understand.

I've been backing up ALOT of SMS's on 2.1 with the app "SMS Backup and Restore", and then restoring them on 1.6.

SMS was extremely slow with 2.1, same as the other guy. ATLEAST 5 seconds to open message-app or sms. (Mostly about 10-15 sec). Now with 1.6 everything happens in like no time. No lag when multitasking etc. With 2.1 my phone could be unresponsive, and sometimes it could take 10-20 seconds to open a app or register when i press the screen. The 2.1 (on my phone) is really unstable.

I can't belive that people says that 2.1 is "snappy" compared to 1.6. Or there is something wrong with my phone.

Don't get me wrong tough, I LOVE your work! Been running 2.1 last 4 weeks or so, just can't stand the bugs anymore.

Keep it up guys! A new bin should be just around the corner. Hoping for less bugs and better performance there :huh:

Guest audiobastard
I've been backing up ALOT of SMS's on 2.1 with the app "SMS Backup and Restore", and then restoring them on 1.6.

SMS was extremely slow with 2.1, same as the other guy. ATLEAST 5 seconds to open message-app or sms. (Mostly about 10-15 sec). Now with 1.6 everything happens in like no time. No lag when multitasking etc. With 2.1 my phone could be unresponsive, and sometimes it could take 10-20 seconds to open a app or register when i press the screen. The 2.1 (on my phone) is really unstable.

I can't belive that people says that 2.1 is "snappy" compared to 1.6. Or there is something wrong with my phone.

Don't get me wrong tough, I LOVE your work! Been running 2.1 last 4 weeks or so, just can't stand the bugs anymore.

Keep it up guys! A new bin should be just around the corner. Hoping for less bugs and better performance there :huh:

Stop copying me, that's my speech. I"m still on LCR 1.4 though. Slows down a bit like all other 2.1 w/apps and dailer and everything, but too many features to go back and 1.6 ends up slowing down on me too so its less the bins and more my usage habits.

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Ok, I've been using LCR1.4 for a week now. The only thing I find unstable about this thing is that it now has the (somewhat uncommon, but still) tendency to get warm when connected via USB. And when it does so, this would often trigger an auto-reboot or auto-shutdown.

I don't have any of the slowdowns allegedly inherent in the SMS system, and/or running the Helix launcher. The cell otherwise works fine.

Guest malez
Anyone having trouble with Android Market? Mine keeps FC every time i try to install an app from it.

No such issue reported, please attach a log to your next post for anaylse.

Guest CedricGatay

Try Settings > Applications > Manage > Menu / Filter all > Android Market > remove update (can't remember the exact path and my OS is in french so it could be different).

Guest Apocangel
Try Settings > Applications > Manage > Menu / Filter all > Android Market > remove update (can't remember the exact path and my OS is in french so it could be different).

Thanks, after removing the update apps installed without problem.

Guest CedricGatay

I encountered this problem of market not installing apps, there is a mismatched uid that doesn't have the PACKAGE_INSTALL privileges. It's the reason of the FC. Found the solution on N1 forums...

Edited by CedricGatay

Guest lethoncbon

Hi all,

some weird issue for me since yesterday : I followed instruction from the LCR wiki page

I flashed with the last 0.010 bin -> OK

Rebot in boot loader -> OK

Install last Malez Recovery -> device not found but install ok (?)

Reboot to recovery -> doesn't work =/ phone boots normally

When using either adb or physical keys, the phone just do a normal boot (ie to the system).

Exactly like if Malez recovery wasn't installed.

I tried to install Malez recovery with fastboot from the command line, I don't have anymore the "device not found" message, but still, I can't access the recovery menu.

Any idea guys?

Thanks!

Phone info :

baseband :A1-03.12.01

kernel : 2.6.29 robert@build #1

build : acer_liquide_0.010.00_emea_gen1

Edited by lethoncbon

Guest Seth Cold
Hi all,

some weird issue for me since yesterday : I followed instruction from the LCR wiki page

When using either adb or physical keys, the phone just do a normal boot (ie to the system).

I tried to install Malez recovery with fastboot from the command line, I don't have anymore the "device not found" message, but still, I can't access the recovery menu.

Any idea guys?

Thanks!

Phone info :

happened to me once... when we were on 1.x.x.x donut roms... what i did was to start again with the bin... it got fixed, not sure if theres an easier way

Guest malez
Hi all,

Any idea guys?

Thanks!

Phone info :

you have not well flashed the recovery.

reflash it :

reboot in bootloader

put the recovery in the folder extracted from superboot.zip

open a terminal (start / execute / cmd)

go into the directory where you have extracted the superboot.zip files

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.5.2.img

Guest malez
I tried that 3 time already :huh:

Any error displayed on phone when you flash ?

maybe you could try

"fastboot -i 0x0502 erase recovery" before reflashing recovery partition

Or maybe your recovery partition was not well created by acer download tool (would be surpizing but can happen) and you will have to reflash the bin to be sure.

When you say "device not found but install ok" there is something anormal "device not found"

Edited by malez

Guest lethoncbon
Any error displayed on phone when you flash ?

maybe you could try

"fastboot -i 0x0502 erase recovery" before reflashing recovery partition

Or maybe your recovery partition was not well created by acer download tool (would be surpizing but can happen) and you will have to reflash the bin to be sure.

When you say "device not found but install ok" there is something anormal "device not found"

No error during the bin flashing.

I only have the "device not found" error when using the bat file from LCR page to install the recovery.

When doing it with the command line with fastboot, I don't have this error =/

I'll try the fastboot erase option tonight (I'm at work, no access to usb out here).

thanks for the fast reply :huh:

Edited by lethoncbon

Guest lethoncbon

Hi all,

just redid the entire procedure for the 4th time and now it works !?

The "device not found" when running the "install-recovery.bat" comes from the fact that on he LCR wiki page it is said :

reboot phone to bootloader mode with "reboot-bootloader-windows.bat" then run "install-recovery-windows.bat". The first line of this bat file is and adb command to reboot to bootloader, but the phone is already in bootloader with the previous step.

So I didn't do anything different than the other time, it just ... worked :huh:

Thanks again for the fast feedback!