[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam
hi,

Great work.

1) has MT been implemented in LCR yet?

2) with the next release can you include the browser that supports MT?

Thanks

as said numerous times before, acer must release eclair liquid kernel source for MT to be implemented

Guest Shreedhan

Man, took me a lot of time to get my liquid in to recovery mode. :-p

The button combos wouldn't work so I had to go into terminal (Mac OS X) and mess about with commands until I figured out how to reboot into recovery. Pretty simple actually! ;-p

Guest Shreedhan

Anyone else have a blank homescreen?

The main widgets were not on middle screen, they were one to the left... odd. [on v1.1]

Edited by Shreedhan

Not yet, and still looking the solution.......

Just to clarify Acer didn't implement MT in the kernel??? I thought 2.1 had MT and u just needed the Apps to make use of it. You guys have probably already tried it but have u guys tested a MT apps yet? Just to see if the new kernel passes on the other x and y.

Edited by fenrer

Guest snoopy33
About apps2sd, I enter the command in a terminal after activating writing on system and data partition.

No error.

I reboot.

And after ? Anyone know what to do ? Have we have to use the menu in Lickon recovery ?

Before there were options about apps2sd in spare parts, with 1.1 update, it disappeared....

No Idea of how to use apps2sd after activating it ?

Guest zehunter
i seriously dont wanna explain everything about sdk cause that would take a long time

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

or use linda filemanager which has the option to reinstall an app not sure if it would work on a systemapp but you can try

the best is to copy .apk into SD card, and use ASTRO or LINDA application (free on market) browse your sdcard, and install app by selecting it :-)

adb is not always the more simple way :-)

Guest Shreedhan

There are no instructions on the WIKI on how to install the HTC_IME.

I have Community ROM v1.1, how do I install the zip?

Edited by Shreedhan

Behnaam, I suggest you put the following in the OP of this thread:

No Multi-Touch in this rom due to Acer not releasing a Kernel source. ETA on MT: Unknow, could be a month or never.

Shreedhan: How to flash Addons: Put any addon, be it HTCIME or sense launcher, in the sdcard. Then reboot into recovery and choose update from zip, choose that zip and update then restart.

Hello guys,

I was using Angio's ROM 1.7 and now Community ROM 1.1. With both, i can't send MMS.

I can receive MMS, surf on the Web or send SMS and my access point is good but when i'm trying to send a MMS, it stays in waiting indefinitely.

Anybody got this problem ?

as said numerous times before, acer must release eclair liquid kernel source for MT to be implemented

Surely if they permitted the leak of a .bin file with MT support already compiled into the kernel that would do it too.

Guest Shreedhan
Shreedhan: How to flash Addons: Put any addon, be it HTCIME or sense launcher, in the sdcard. Then reboot into recovery and choose update from zip, choose that zip and update then restart.

Got it! Cheers.

Guest Shreedhan
Cool but how does this compare to the vanilla rom ? I guess it still a bit worse, isn't it ?

I actually found the Vanilla rom buggier and laggier than the custom ROM.

Generally I've found that every action I take on a freshly booted Liquid is a little laggy but then when performing the same action again it's a lot smoother.

Guest liquid_it
ther's lots of ppl that report mms issues. cant say if it has anything to do with lcr 1.1 but it doesnt work for me atm with lcr 1.1

maybe it's something with apn: I just tried sending a mms to myself and it worked (both sending & receiving)

maybe it's something with apn: I just tried sending a mms to myself and it worked (both sending & receiving)

yes i can do that and so can everyone with the mms issue.

its not apn as we've triple checked it

Guest behnaam

its not apn as we've triple checked it

To make it easy for us devs to track down bugs, post a entry on out bugtracker and logcat output of the bug.

Regards,

B

Guest liquid_it

sorry, I don't get it: you can send a mms to yourself (and receive it), but not to any other contact?

did you check logcat?

Guest Platinum_egoist

" acer-liquid-community-rom-bugtracker

This is a bugtracker for the Commnuty ROM for the Acer Liquid based on Android 2.1"

One little bug in the head name of google.code community.

Guest Palsternackan

Great work everyone! This ROM is amazing, works splendidly, except for some gallery crashes.

I apparently failed to sync my contacts before I wiped however, so I will have to restore my nandroid backup to get them back. How should I go about restoring my backup when I have the 2.1 beta bin flashed?

Will there be a radio error if I just restore right now? Or is it even not possible using the lickonn recovery?

I'm thinking maybe I should flash 1.6 before restoring the backup?

What does all you knowledgeable folks think?

ie

flash to 2.000.16 ROM

superboot for 2.000.16

lickon recovery image

Angio 1.5.1

restore nandroid backup?

Keep up the good work!

I'll make sure to donate!

Guest behnaam
When i choose "Accounts and sync" in the settings, phone just reboots...

Gallery crashes also.

Known bug, remember people the leaked .bins of 2.1 is in very early stages, therefore alot of bugs. We are working to fix the issues as much as we can :(

Regards,

B

I have ACR 1.0, and i want to install version 1.1.

I run Superboot-<Your OS>.bat, and i work well.

but when i try to run Reboot to recovery.bat, in the cmd window apears "Error: Device not found" and closes CMD.

Yesterday worked weel to install 1.0, but today it hapens this. Anyone can help me?

Note: Fixed. I have disable the debug option.

Edited by nurogo