[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest behnaam
Done it.

But i like it much more the way that the 1.0 presented the aplications.

How can i put it like 1.0.

This version is much faster.

There is an update.zip containing that launcher on download section called "launcher2 update.zip"

EDIT: For those who flashed back launcher2, for easy and safe removal of standard launcher (after u flashed launcher2 update.zip) is to enter this in adb:

adb shell launcher.sh

Edited by behnaam

Guest havocxrush

Hi. Did the install of this rom. Having issues with a particular feature - Every now and then when the phone goes to sleep no buttons will wake it up and it doesnt respond at all. Happens a couple times a day and am very nervous (only way to get back is pull the battery - and Im really afraid of busting the battery backings little plastic tabs)

Guest Mythrix
Having issues with a particular feature - Every now and then when the phone goes to sleep no buttons will wake it up and it doesnt respond at all.

I had this problem too! But I haven't experienced it yet with the 1.1 version. However, I just installed 1.1 yesterday, so I guess I'm not sure if it means the problem is gone. :/

Hi. Did the install of this rom. Having issues with a particular feature - Every now and then when the phone goes to sleep no buttons will wake it up and it doesnt respond at all. Happens a couple times a day and am very nervous (only way to get back is pull the battery - and Im really afraid of busting the battery backings little plastic tabs)

I had this once, but it still reacted to 'adb reboot' :( Not a fix, but maybe it helps you not to destroy your Liquid (if it works for you ^^).

Guest snoopy33

Can anyone give me a tutorial of how to use apps2sd.

I formated my ext3 partition (created with lickon some days ago) with gparted. The partition has a size of 500Mo and is at the end of my sd card.

After, without rebooting under recovery or anything else, in my terminal, I write (I m under ArchLinux) :

sudo adb remount

sudo adb shell

I obtain the prompt, and after :

apps2sd on

It says : reboot now (or something like this).

I reboot and... nothing, I verify in /system/sd, empty...

May be I do something wrong.

Have Anyone successfull activate it ?

THanks.

Edited by snoopy33

There is an update.zip containing that launcher on download section called "launcher2 update.zip"

EDIT: For those who flashed back launcher2, for easy and safe removal of standard launcher (after u flashed launcher2 update.zip) is to enter this in adb:

adb shell launcher.sh

Thanks.

Can you tell me how can i do that?

How do i enter in adb (what is adb)?

Where do i write "adb shell launcher.sh" ?

What is this for "HTC Touch Input (HTC_IME) No-Wipe AddOn "?

And this "HTC Sense looking Launcher2, update.zip"?

In 1.0 when i touched the live wallpapers, they response to the touch.

In 1.1 that doesn't happens. Why?

Sorry about the questions.

Edited by nurogo

Guest Shreedhan

Hey guys,

I reflashed 1.6 latest build because I found 2.1 just too laggy for me.

I do have a request though, can anyone pull the Slate wallpaper from the default wallpaper gallery for me? I love it but can't seem to find it online. Thanks

Guest skitbra8934

okies... im starting to flip to the point of tossing it through the window soon...

firmware 2.1 installed

baseband A1-03.05.02

kernel version 2.6.29 robert@build1 #1

build number Acer_LiquidE_0.004.01_EMEA_GEN1

so i got the 2.1 working nice....

cant use overclock util as its not rooted....

vol up + cam +power gives me little droid dude with triangle and if i hit square touch button i get "android system recovery <2e>"

vol down + cam + power gets me into some system base check.

install-superboot-windows.bat does nothing but sit and wait for device nomatter what i do.

adb reboot bootloader says device not found nomatter what i do or if i run dos or win version

win7-32bit tested, win7 64bit tested(laptop),linux tested(laptop dualbot)

can someone post a screenie of what it should look like as im starting to eat the table here soon :(

/frustrated and sleep depraved

Guest fredr33
install-superboot-windows.bat does nothing but sit and wait for device nomatter what i do.

Have you tried the tips in : Link

Run the install-Superboot-<Your OS>.bat or .sh.

***NOTE, when i tried this it just said 'waiting for device' in a CMD window and did not do anything. im not sure at this point if what i did was right or if i was supposed to know this lol....i just assumed things and it worked out okay...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what i did from here is that i followed this:

if the phone is on, turn it off.

UNPLUG THE PHONE FROM THE USB

PRESS Volume Up + Camera button + Power button, the phone will vibrate twice but stay turned off, take the battery out, and plug the phone into the computer again using the usb cable.

at this point u should see it saying USB fastboot: and stuff, the last line should say usb_init. the top of the screen i believe is supposed to flicker.

IF U DONT SEE THIS and the phone turns back on as normal, try it again.

PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN.

NOW run the install-Superboot-<Your OS>.bat or .sh.

Guest havocxrush

Yeah 1.1, Evil 1.6, and Angios - all of the current ones I personally am still getting the freeze on sleep issue. Cant pin it down. Random. Every few sleep cycles or so, no response at all from any buttons, and not recognized by USB. Both thrilled, and worried to hear Im not the only one with the issue. I wonder if its a matter of hardware - for everyone else with the issue - what version hardware did you have, and where are you running this?

I believe I have the chinese unit, and Im running this on Tmobile in the USA. CURRENT rom on is the 1.1 community.

I have a theory..... to others with the issue do you have advanced task manager and / or setcpu installed?

Guest fredr33
now is better battery management then?

The battery management is REALLY much better.

With stock 1.6 my battery would be 10% left after 12 hours.

With LCR 1.1 my battery is 50% left after 12 hours (probably used it more intensly playing around exploring the new Android 2.1)

Edited by fredr33

Guest ddt1234

this is very SAD Acer have no any update of 1.6 firmware update. also no news about 2.1(april?june?)

hard to believe they lag 4-6 months to build a firmware with similar hardware as Nexus one.

also DEV here seems very hard to cook a good custom rom for us(no kernal,buggy rom).seems acer leaked rom is in very beginning stage.

i dont think acer can release a fast and stable firmware until June(or more lateR??)

just hope our DevS can still fighting with buggy Liquid E firmware,thanks!

Guest emerald7086
With LCR 1.1 my battery is 50% left after 12 hours (probably used it more intensly playing around exploring the new Android 2.1)

50% after 12hrs? :( :(

10% for my case... :(

Guest emerald7086
I believe I have the chinese unit, and Im running this on Tmobile in the USA. CURRENT rom on is the 1.1 community.

I have a theory..... to others with the issue do you have advanced task manager and / or setcpu installed?

chinese unit...you mean the AAP/CSL machine?

i'm using one with LCR1.1, with setcpu(no overclock) and advanced task killer free installed, so far your issue never happened on me.

FYI, i haven't tried the evilD rom and the ACR1.6 to 1.8 roms

Guest havocxrush
chinese unit...you mean the AAP/CSL machine?

i'm using one with LCR1.1, with setcpu(no overclock) and advanced task killer free installed, so far your issue never happened on me.

FYI, i haven't tried the evilD rom and the ACR1.6 to 1.8 roms

Precisely. The AAP/CSL one. Im not sure if its the overclock so much as the underclock when idle. Hmmm scratch it being the hardware version then.

Guest Running_Roti

im using 1.0 because i still cant figure out how to install 1.1 lol :(

anyways im running live wallpaper called stars all the time, brightness on my phone is maxed, and i have beautiful widgets and advanced task killer intsalled as well as a few other random widgets. my setcpu governer is set to performance and set on boot is checkmarked. i have background data turned off and set to 2g only since i dont have a data plan.

charged yesterday (feb 23rd) at 100% at 9am. been idle a lot of the day, probably made 30 minutes worth of calls as well as some random playing with the phone here and there and recieved a good amount of texts. never turned the phone off since the time it left charging yesterday and it is currently at 43%. oh yeah wifi has been on for almost half hte time the phone has been out of charge.

im assuming thats good compared to what other people are reporting :S

phone's been running fast and i havent had any errors that people are reporting such as the sleep thing as well as the phone crashing on messaging and stuff. gallery does freeze but i dont go into pictures and stuff often anyways

Edited by Running_Roti

Guest emerald7086

oohhhhh...it's not good, it's WONDERFUL. :(

maybe my sim is draining most of the batt...

btw, rename the 1.1 zip to update.zip, place it into SD, boot into recovery then you can flash it. :(

Guest fredr33

That is with Wifi + GPS disabled, no "flashy" widgets running. I only enable thoose "on demand".

I also use Advanced Task Killer. With LCR 1.1 it seems like the apps never shut down, you need to kill them.