[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest petoulachi
Guys I will have whole next week off to play with android, I will start my work on AOSP 2.1 for Liquid based on Cyanogens sources, got a lot of tips from my dev friends so hopefully this will turn out good *hope*. That will help us alot rather than working witha early buggy leak build by Acer.

I'll keep you guys updated with progress :(

This is awesome news, but take your time, many people here don't realize what it involves for developers doing everything on their spare time. You all are doing amazing work and it is really really appreciated, I really think that us, simple "customer", we should not have to ask for more and more and more every time, it's just a lack of respect.

Big up

Guest Fatoufred
Guys I will have whole next week off to play with android, I will start my work on AOSP 2.1 for Liquid based on Cyanogens sources, got a lot of tips from my dev friends so hopefully this will turn out good *hope*. That will help us alot rather than working witha early buggy leak build by Acer.

It's a really good news !!!

:(

thanks so much for your devotion !!!

Thanks for all dev as you, who spend their free time to create new rom for us !!!

RESPECT !!!!!

:(

Guest MrVanes

I would love to play with the vanilla AOSP 2.1 code as well but don't have a clue where to start if I wanted to build it. I do have a background in coding and build my own custom (linux) kernels, this is just a whole different game. Do you have any good pointers/primers to give me a headstart?

Edit: never mind, this http://source.android.com/download should take me a long way.

Edit2: It did, and it's building (whatever that may yield) but what would this http://source.android.com/documentation/building-for-dream page look like for the Liquid? In other words: what is the result of this build (img files?) and can they be flashed, IF they were compiled for the right device?

Edited by MrVanes

Guest guytarr

Is there a big bug or is specially for me :

With a fresh install of LCR_1.1.1, when i open account and sync parameter, the device reboot ??? (but quick reboot, whithout acer screen, only the community screen). I have only this problem. Any user meet the same problem ?

Guest Tonza133
Is there a big bug or is specially for me :

With a fresh install of LCR_1.1.1, when i open account and sync parameter, the device reboot ??? (but quick reboot, whithout acer screen, only the community screen). I have only this problem. Any user meet the same problem ?

Same here. Got it with 1.0 and now with 1.1

Haven't tested 1.1.1 thought.

Awesome news (Angio's twitter):

"New leaked bin (official LiquidE bin) no more test dumps, kernel source, and a new community ROM... COMING SOON! (ETA maybe 2 days)"

"New leaked bin (official LiquidE bin) no more test dumps, kernel source, and a new community ROM... COMING SOON! (ETA maybe 2 days)"

For those want 2.1 rom to work faster :

I have installed auto memory manager in

aggressive mode and no hang anymore.

Moreover the rom is really faster ! I even

installed panda home and theme and everything

odd fluid.

We must integrate auto memory manager in

next release as difference is night and day.

to everyone who hang : test with this app and tel

l us if it solve.

You can also see http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-minfree-tweak/

Edited by malez

I assume that there has only been leaked bin so far as tried all yesterday to get the acer flash utility shoehorned in to my linux pc via wine with no success!

Here's hoping

Suggestion for next LCR-roms (wishlist).

Know this is easy things to change yourself, but would be nice if they where already in rom (already posted this in another thread):

* Changed minfree to 1536,2048,4096,5120,8192,10240. Makes the rom alot faster without breaking anything. More aggresive settings here speed up things even more, but may close important applications during run, but this minfree-settings works perfect for me.

* Changed Launcher2 back from LCR1.0/ACR1.8. The one in 1.1.1 is broken (and ugly). Launcher2 is really fast using the above minfree settings.

* Change Spareparts back from LCR1.0/ACR1.8. The one in 1.1.1 is broken and miss settings from Angio1.8/Lcr1.0

* Remove the facebook-application and let people install it themself from market so it is updated automaticly when updated on market.

* Remove some not that important services from starting on startup. There are to many applications and services starting during and on BOOT_COMPLETED. This device unfortuanlty has to low amount of ram for running fast with all these services and activitys.

Also, I have a question:

I have experimented alot with the Sony Ericsson X10, and this device has the same amount of ram as Liquid. However, the X10 displays almost all 256mb (actually displaying 254mb...) in the system and in /proc/meminfo (dont have the phone with me at home today, so cant paste the meminfo from the X10). Liquid however shows 154mb only. 100mb less then X10. Dont know why it is like this... but may be only on the dev-X10-devices also. However I belive it is possible for the system to use more memory... or am I missinformed that our devices should have 256mb ram?

Maybe the X10 has like 320 MB but Sony says it has 256 MB to not create confusion. They are doing that in SSD's now, the SSD technically has 128 Gb but companies say the capacity is 100 GB.

Guest xian1243

I doubt that, why would they lie? And by the way, RAM comes in multiples of 2... please correct me if I'm wrong.

6-18-32-64-128-320-256-512-768-1024-2048-etc

But 320 is a multiple of 2...

That's just a very uncommon amount of RAM... but I guess it's possible.

Edited by xian1243

Guest amdnikos
I doubt that, why would they lie? And by the way, RAM comes in multiples of 2... please correct me if I'm wrong.

not rly.for example htc magic and many more devices had 288mb of ram.

xian1243, the HTC Magic had a version with 288 MB Ram. Also I gave an example of the SSD where it's stated on the box that the capacity is 100 GB but in reality it has 128 GB.

Anyway, the X10 is useless to discuss here unless we can port its rom or apps ( :( xfs).

Guest fredr33
For those want 2.1 rom to work faster :

I have installed auto memory manager in

aggressive mode and no hang anymore.

Moreover the rom is really faster ! I even

installed panda home and theme and everything

odd fluid.

We must integrate auto memory manager in

next release as difference is night and day.

to everyone who hang : test with this app and tel

l us if it solve.

You can also see http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-minfree-tweak/

Even if I use "mild" setting I get complete freeze of the phone from time to time. The only way to restart the phone is by removing the battery.

But as long as the phone does not freeze, it is a lot faster.

Since I currently dont have access to the X10-device I cant give you all the numbers.

But found a dmesg-log from the phone on my work-computer. I know this is offtopic, but found these lines of interest in the log:

<5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 2.6.29 (semc-android@SEMC) (gcc version 4.2.1) #2 PREEMPT xxx Feb xx xx:xx:xx xxx 2010

<4>[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [510f00f2] revision 2 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387f

<4>[ 0.000000] Machine: ES209RA

<6>[ 0.000000] Partition (from atag) cache -- Offset:1c64 Size:37a

<6>[ 0.000000] Partition (from atag) system -- Offset:2d7 Size:b05

<6>[ 0.000000] Partition (from atag) appslog -- Offset:1fde Size:22

<6>[ 0.000000] Partition (from atag) userdata -- Offset:ddc Size:e88

<6>[ 0.000000] allocating 22614016 bytes at 80c8e000 (20c8e000 physical) for mdp pmem arena

<6>[ 0.000000] allocating 29360128 bytes at 8221f000 (2221f000 physical) for adsp pmem arena

<6>[ 0.000000] allocating 25165824 bytes at 84077000 (24077000 physical) for gpu1 pmem arena

<6>[ 0.000726] Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)

<6>[ 0.001780] Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)

<6>[ 0.040726] Memory: 224MB 127MB = 351MB total

<5>[ 0.040813] Memory: 269824KB available (4584K code, 4967K data, 148K init)

<6>[ 0.044800] Calibrating delay loop... 254.77 BogoMIPS (lpj=1273856)

Since I cant use the device right now since I changed project recently I cant investigate further how this works... but 224 + 127 it say in the log. Is that 2 separete memory modules or is some part of the system loaded from some kind of swap-partition?

Why do the specifications not say 351(??) mb ram if this is the amount of ram there is in the device?

If this is some kind of partition/swap on the disk, is it then possible to do something simular with our device? Can we, if possible, by this enable more memory in our devices? Can this be a reason that the X10 is really slow to start compared to liquid?

Guest zehunter

ok issue (freeze) happen less often but still exist :-( (one issue in 24h)

regards,

EDIT: ok i was too much happy :-( this morning phone freeze twice in one hour :-(

Edited by zehunter

Guest malez
ok issue (freeze) happen less often but still exist :-( (one issue in 24h)

regards,

EDIT: ok i was too much happy :-( this morning phone freeze twice in one hour :-(

Still no hang anymore for me. I remember I uninstalled an app which detected wether the phone was connected to a network as I suspected it to cause the crash. Maybe the fast I use panda has an effect. Standard launcher is not used anymore in this case. I returned to standard home to see if it has an effect on hang.