[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest droug
I am new to this but I recent applied 1.7 and everything was fine. Yesterday I decided to apply 1.7.2 and now my Device goes nuts at random. The screen starts moving, stuff starts opening, screen becomes unresponsive to touch, it becomes completely unstable. I installed it on a Liquid E. Does anybody else of similar problems? Could I have done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Wipe data and re-flash de rom. That problems are not normal. something was wrong on installation. Wipe data and Re-install again

Guest Piter1225
Also in spare parts apps2sd is greyed out, not sure if it means that it's enabled or not.

Don't look at spareparts app2sd status, to check it go into recovery, there is an option for that

Guest Edward.W
noticed that with acer dialer i am unable to add contacts. it returns the error of the acore process closed.

Me too, can't add new contacts for me.

Really Annoying!! :angry:

Guest droug

I install gallery 3d, by the update.zip and now, sdcard sometimes don't work, esfilemanager reads the card, and spareparts too, but all other applications not detect the SDcard. What Can I Do?

Guest malez
Don't look at spareparts app2sd status, to check it go into recovery, there is an option for that

you can also type this in terminal emulator :

apps2sd status

or via adb

adb shell apps2sd status

It will provide a detailed status

Edited by malez

Guest malez
I install gallery 3d, by the update.zip and now, sdcard sometimes don't work, esfilemanager reads the card, and spareparts too, but all other applications not detect the SDcard. What Can I Do?

I have sent you a patch by MP, tell us it it fix

Guest droug

RIght now everything is fine but sometimes also worked before and then stopped working later, so it later can provide certainty. But for now all ok. :angry:

Sorry my poor english :D

Guest Gianluca Giunta
you can also type this in terminal emulator :

apps2sd status

or via adb

adb shell apps2sd status

It will provide a detailed status

I'm facing the same issue with LCR 1.7.2.

Usually after shutdown/startup of the device the SD seems ok but after a while I'm not able to acces by applications while using Astro I'm able to view the SD content.

Now that the SD is not working properly adds2sd status result is:

exp partition is present on you SDCARD

/data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/app-rpivate is a symlink to you sdcard

/data/data is a directory on your phone

/data/dalvik-cache is a directory on your phone

Pending operations:

ls: can't open '/data/runOnce': Permission denied

No pending operation

If you might be so kind to send me the fix I'm available for testing the patch.

Best Regards

Gianluca

Guest liquid_it

I don't know if it is related, but I today my sd was not mountable. I did

adb shell
and then
fsck_msdos /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

fixed an error, rebooted and it just worked.

Guest pipermac
Wipe data and re-flash de rom. That problems are not normal. something was wrong on installation. Wipe data and Re-install again

Well I did all that and still had the problems. I have since updated the Kernel to the 880Mz Custom found in these forums and so far so good.

I am having a hell of a time downloading apps from the market place though, they just sit there saying Starting Download.

Guest malez
I'm facing the same issue with LCR 1.7.2.

Usually after shutdown/startup of the device the SD seems ok but after a while I'm not able to acces by applications while using Astro I'm able to view the SD content.

Now that the SD is not working properly adds2sd status result is:

exp partition is present on you SDCARD

/data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/app-rpivate is a symlink to you sdcard

/data/data is a directory on your phone

/data/dalvik-cache is a directory on your phone

Pending operations:

ls: can't open '/data/runOnce': Permission denied

No pending operation

If you might be so kind to send me the fix I'm available for testing the patch.

Best Regards

Gianluca

By MP, keep us informed

Guest Gianluca Giunta
I don't know if it is related, but I today my sd was not mountable. I did
adb shell
and then
fsck_msdos /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

fixed an error, rebooted and it just worked.

I run your command from "terminal emulator" using root user.

It found an error to fix.

After reboot I can see SD details but the issue seems not fixed! :angry:

I'm not able to access to SD from applications.

Probably it's something related to apps2sd!

Guest Calcvictim

I think most of the problems are solved.

1)In order to use 9.99 internet on tmobile and mms 2 apn profiles need to be created.....done

2)I was using the 880 mhz kernel last night and it was fine, today I tried the 998 kernel at 1.3v and the phone worked fine and passed setcpu stress test for 10 minutes, upon reboot I was stuck in the LCR loop, went into recovery and flashed the 880 back but it was still looping....re did everything from scratch and am using the 880 kernel now, so far so good

3)apps2sd in spare parts is misleading, I used the adb command to check the status and it is working

all in all everything works well, I like this rom more then Xian's which I had previously

Guest malez
I think most of the problems are solved.

1)In order to use 9.99 internet on tmobile and mms 2 apn profiles need to be created.....done

2)I was using the 880 mhz kernel last night and it was fine, today I tried the 998 kernel at 1.3v and the phone worked fine and passed setcpu stress test for 10 minutes, upon reboot I was stuck in the LCR loop, went into recovery and flashed the 880 back but it was still looping....re did everything from scratch and am using the 880 kernel now, so far so good

3)apps2sd in spare parts is misleading, I used the adb command to check the status and it is working

all in all everything works well, I like this rom more then Xian's which I had previously

Concerning your apn issue, please could you complete this issue with your exact parameters, so that we could fix it in next release (and in next patch becasue there will be one) and to help user that face the same issue as you, please

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=96

Thank you

Guest malez
I run your command from "terminal emulator" using root user.

It found an error to fix.

After reboot I can see SD details but the issue seems not fixed! :angry:

I'm not able to access to SD from applications.

Probably it's something related to apps2sd!

Apply the patch I have provided you please and tell me

Guest Gianluca Giunta
Apply the patch I have provided you please and tell me

As I wrote you the patch hasn't solved my issue.

At this stage I will wipe and install again your ROM.

Maybe something failed in my terminal configuration because I've another issue with market updates. :angry:

Guest malez
As I wrote you the patch hasn't solved my issue.

At this stage I will wipe and install again your ROM.

Maybe something failed in my terminal configuration because I've another issue with market updates. :angry:

Reapply the patch after the full

Which things do i need to backup before flashing if i want to keep al my settings, contacts etc?

Edited by Gryx

Guest malez
Which things do i need to backup before flashing if i want to keep al my settings, contacts etc?

Sync you contacts on your google account, backup you browser bookmark and your prefered apps with titanium backup

Guest Rajit

@malez or piter or vache

was just wondering what lies ahead of lcr 1.8.. would you continue to give us great eclair roms, or would you guys move on to froyo (which would be great indeed, as a group of devs on froyo could do a lot of good)???

Guest mmkim
@malez or piter or vache

was just wondering what lies ahead of lcr 1.8.. would you continue to give us great eclair roms, or would you guys move on to froyo (which would be great indeed, as a group of devs on froyo could do a lot of good)???

froyo and stream is a difference job.

stream is a new machine. froyo is a other update form.

Guest Rajit

im not talking about stream at all.. im just saying that we (they) could start on someting like LCFR (Liquid Community Froyo Rom)... Cuz, i think rather that solving petty performance or app2sd issues with eclair, its better to move to froyo which already has much of these issues solved plus more improvements...