[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
Hello,

I got a battery problem, i have LCR 1.7.2 and i got launcherPro, but my battery is in 3 maybe 4 hours empty.. is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,

Vincent

Don't use stream notifications (use a lot of battery )

disable 3g when you don't use it

Maybe you have installed app that use more battery (battery graph is bad for example )

Guest braineo
In your apanic, i have seen a kernel panic due to a write error on your phone. What is the bin file you have flashed before installing LCR ? Have you changed the kernel or are you using the one provided in lcr ?

Thank you malez

i flash 1.100.39 then flash malez recovery then install lcr 1.7.2, without changing the kernel

Guest ondris

I have a question and I don't really know where to ask it.

It's about the taskbar.

I tried changing it in framework and replacing It with a desire (like) one but i still have the original plain black taskbar.

If I replace only icons it works but not the taskbar.

So what should I edit to have it work?

Thank you :(

Guest Vincent227
Don't use stream notifications (use a lot of battery )

disable 3g when you don't use it

Maybe you have installed app that use more battery (battery graph is bad for example )

How can i turn stream notifications off?

Thanks,

Vincent

Guest Rajit
U know wht I think would be cool.

Green for Stream based

Blue for Liquid based

Seems like a good fit.

that would be cool.. but im really busy these days.. if i find the time ill try and work on that as well

Guest Rajit

@malez

here is the animated blue bootscreen... confirmed working on lcr 1.7.2

apply with:

adb remount

adb push bootanimationLCR.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip

but u know that... hehe

its fairly simple with no fancy animations.. but i think it works well.... let me know what u think....

and yep, i did this on my own using gimp... no reply from liquid_it as of yet..

bootanimation.zip

Edited by Rajit

Guest malez
How can i turn stream notifications off?

Thanks,

Vincent

Run Ui conf tool and choose android for exemple.

Or customize and uncked stream notifications

Guest malez
@malez

here is the animated blue bootscreen... confirmed working on lcr 1.7.2

apply with:

adb remount

adb push bootanimationLCR.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip

but u know that... hehe

its fairly simple with no fancy animations.. but i think it works well.... let me know what u think....

and yep, i did this on my own using gimp... no reply from liquid_it as of yet..

Well it is nice but a bit slow. Mayne png need to be otpimized

There is one problem : there is no aniamition loop at end of animation so user can't see if booting is still in progress. This will be a problem on first boot for exemple. Keep eyes blinking for exemple to indicate that processing is in preogress

What software have you use for generating pngs ?

PS : Liquid-it answerd me today that he will have a look at bootanimation as soon as possible

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Thank you malez

i flash 1.100.39 then flash malez recovery then install lcr 1.7.2, without changing the kernel

Do you still have the issue ?

Guest xaueious

Anyone having issues with SetCPU not actually setting frequencies, and Titanium Backup showing 0 apps

nvm: fixed it

Edited by xaueious

Guest Intelx

Is it technically possible to copy/link data of one particular app to sd on LCR 1.7.2? I have moved apps + dalvick to sd but I want to move data of apps that are taking up a lot of memory in DATA.

I tried to do this myself using the method here, by replacing the target with my app's data folder: http://www.forceclose.com/questions/742/mo...data-to-sd-card

I used DroidExplorer and it seems that the data has been copied and the link was made correctly to /system/sd/data

However, after I have rebooted everything went haywire. Apps runs really slowly and force closes and it seems that ALL apps have lost access to their data.

Recovering from nandroid didn't work either and I had to wipe + reflash LCR to fix.

Did I do something wrong or is it not possible to move a single app's data to sd without messing everything up?

Thanks and kudos for all the devs for making me proud of my Liquid!

Guest malez
Is it technically possible to copy/link data of one particular app to sd on LCR 1.7.2? I have moved apps + dalvick to sd but I want to move data of apps that are taking up a lot of memory in DATA.

I tried to do this myself using the method here, by replacing the target with my app's data folder: http://www.forceclose.com/questions/742/mo...data-to-sd-card

I used DroidExplorer and it seems that the data has been copied and the link was made correctly to /system/sd/data

However, after I have rebooted everything went haywire. Apps runs really slowly and force closes and it seems that ALL apps have lost access to their data.

Recovering from nandroid didn't work either and I had to wipe + reflash LCR to fix.

Did I do something wrong or is it not possible to move a single app's data to sd without messing everything up?

Thanks and kudos for all the devs for making me proud of my Liquid!

You can do it BUT you can't name your target directory /system/sd/data if you don't move the whole datas. On boot when the systeme detects /system/sd/data, it will use its content instead of /data/data for all applications. You have only moved 2/3 applications-data in this directory, so your are missing a lot of file and system produces FC, due to this lack of file.

Here is your solution.

Use a directory named /system/sd/dataOne and put your datas on it for the appas you want

Symlink your application data folder to /system/sd/dataOnce/com.myapp

here application is com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

mkdir /system/sd/dataOnce

mkdir /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

cp -pR /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager/* /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager/

rm -fr /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

ln -s /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

Guest Rajit
Well it is nice but a bit slow. Mayne png need to be otpimized

There is one problem : there is no aniamition loop at end of animation so user can't see if booting is still in progress. This will be a problem on first boot for exemple. Keep eyes blinking for exemple to indicate that processing is in preogress

What software have you use for generating pngs ?

PS : Liquid-it answerd me today that he will have a look at bootanimation as soon as possible

well the animation is not slow, it seems slow because i made a lot of pngs so, that the animation would be spread over a longer period of time, ill try and reduce the time.... the pngs are also optimized.. the largest one is 25kb... used gimp... id look into the the boot animation at the end....

Edited by Rajit

Guest Rajit

@ malez..

try this one, made some changes.. the problem is that the animation loop at the end is goind really fast, because of the small number of pngs.. u can ask liquid_it to have a look at it...

bootanimation.zip

Edited by Rajit

Guest Intelx
You can do it BUT you can't name your target directory /system/sd/data if you don't move the whole datas. On boot when the systeme detects /system/sd/data, it will use its content instead of /data/data for all applications. You have only moved 2/3 applications-data in this directory, so your are missing a lot of file and system produces FC, due to this lack of file.

Here is your solution.

Use a directory named /system/sd/dataOne and put your datas on it for the appas you want

Symlink your application data folder to /system/sd/dataOnce/com.myapp

here application is com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

mkdir /system/sd/dataOnce

mkdir /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

cp -pR /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager/* /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager/

rm -fr /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

ln -s /system/sd/dataOnce/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager /data/data/com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

Thanks so much it worked flawlessly! Looking forward to 1.8!

Guest Apocangel

Anyone want to give this GREEN THEME a try? Its a compilation of lots of diferent themes currently available here in modaco. I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone.

Apparently it only works if you are using the Android UI ( not stream )

Just push the framework-res.apk into your /system/framework/ folder

Remeber to do a Nandroid Backup before you push it.

#adb remount

#adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

post-665928-1280140963_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280140976_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280140921_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280141088_thumb.png

4Shared download link: framework-res.apk

Edited by Apocangel

I am using 1.7.2 and sometimes the sound is really bad, when i go to dolby settings i can't choose anything and the text is gray. It's back to normal when i reboot my phone.

Guest Apocangel

Following on Rajits and Psychopulse @ devianart I decided to make a new Splash for my phone but i just cant get it to work, I've gone through all the process of conversion to rgb565 and all the crap but when i flash it it just wont work.

Any way of making it work??

Here is the base file I'm using for it. ( this one says LCR 1.8 but the one im using says LCR 1.7.2 )

post-665928-1280162676_thumb.jpg

Guest xaueious

Not really a big fan of this bootscreen, but if you guys use it I'll just change it myself since I know how to.

Colors and texture really.

Liquid, Eclair, Android. Something along those lines. If you made this as a Droid bootscreen I might be okay with it.

Edited by xaueious

Guest ondris
Anyone want to give this GREEN THEME a try? Its a compilation of lots of diferent themes currently available here in modaco. I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone.

Apparently it only works if you are using the Android UI ( not stream )

Just push the framework-res.apk into your /system/framework/ folder

Remeber to do a Nandroid Backup before you push it.

#adb remount

#adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework

post-665928-1280140963_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280140976_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280140921_thumb.pngpost-665928-1280141088_thumb.png

4Shared download link: framework-res.apk

Rally nice theme!

Thank you :(

Guest Rajit
Following on Rajits and Psychopulse @ devianart I decided to make a new Splash for my phone but i just cant get it to work, I've gone through all the process of conversion to rgb565 and all the crap but when i flash it it just wont work.

Any way of making it work??

Here is the base file I'm using for it. ( this one says LCR 1.8 but the one im using says LCR 1.7.2 )

post-665928-1280162676_thumb.jpg

can u give me a brief summary of all the steps u took?? i might be able to help you out...

u can also download the bootanimation.zip i posted earlier and take a look at its structure... the images were standard RGBs at 480x800, but images of such large sizes would not run smooth... so i reduced the res to 250x417 and the image mode to "indexed" with a 20 maximum colors.. that game me around 22x saving in image size...

AND make sure they are png..

Edited by Rajit

Guest Apocangel

@rajit

Its not a bootscreen/boot animation that i want to make tbh. i want to make it a Splash screen. The screen that Comes on right after the Acer logo. It says LCR with a whole lot of colors and names and pictures. I just feel its way too colorful and cramped for a bootscreen so i want to make one that is as minimalistic as possible. And the one you made is quite what i was looking for except for the font which I changed.

Forgot what the steps are. I'm on my phone so i don't really want to start googling it up.

What i remember is any image at 480x800 > RGB 8 bit > rgb565 > another format then Flash.

But the whole process is for the Nexus One. I want to know if there is a process to make them for the Liquid.

BTW i think the green one looks better than the blue one. After all, the official color for Acer is green while the blue one is for Samsung.

Guest malez
@ malez..

try this one, made some changes.. the problem is that the animation loop at the end is goind really fast, because of the small number of pngs.. u can ask liquid_it to have a look at it...

We have integrated it into 1.8