[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
Hey,

I am wondering if anybody is having this 3D problem in LCR 1.7. I used to play a game called Armageddon Squadron (that's the only game I play, I'm not a hardcore gamer) and I am noticing displacement of some objects in the game and a lot of faulty graphics, don't know why's that as it never happened in LCR 1.6. I am wondering if anybody has issues with the graphics too as it really annoys me that I had to downgrade to 1.6 and leave all the awesomeness of 1.7 :) :) :)

I want to go back to 1.7 and specially after I heard that 1.7 p1 is on the way :D :D so is there any possibility to include this bug fix in the new release ..

fixed bugs are bugs that were reported using the bugtracker, that were confirmed, for whicj I had enough information to reproduce and finally work on.

So your bug won't be fixed in p1, but you can open an issue (I will also need to buy the apk of the game, if you know what i mean)

Guest fischschneehase

I musst correct myself: issue 102 is not fixed!!! But aktually i got a panic iam shure its from this crash cause i am checking my sd regulary atm....

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Hi, is anyone else having problems with the Media Storage service? My ringtones/notifications directory is now refusing to update, and my music only updates when I FORCE it to do so through Meridian. Media Storage service isn't running but is in the system somewhere, and Media Scanner keeps on restarting.

PS I have tried cleaning the Media Storage service and have only succeeded in deleting all references to the default ringtones.

Guest HustlinDaily

Dude you should consider including Liquid Tether beta into your rom (assuming the dev agrees). Using it right now, it is LEGIT.

Guest stilkus
fixed bugs are bugs that were reported using the bugtracker, that were confirmed, for whicj I had enough information to reproduce and finally work on.

So your bug won't be fixed in p1, but you can open an issue (I will also need to buy the apk of the game, if you know what i mean)

I understand I was late in reporting this bug, but I really have no clue in debugging methods using android .. I have never tried it before. I will work on it as soon as I find out how to do that .

Thanks

Guest gengaro86
Dude you should consider including Liquid Tether beta into your rom (assuming the dev agrees). Using it right now, it is LEGIT.

I would be honored :lol: (Thank you :D)

Guest khamees79

Thanks for the great job guys.

I would like to know how can I activate reading in Arabic in the browser,

it says it's supported, but the arabic websites looks strange (unreadable)

Thanks again

Guest alcap

Hey there,

I was afraid to flash LCR 1.7 (had the 1.6) because I heard so many bad comments about it. I decided to flash it anyway after trying a few other roms and so far it's amazing! It's really really fast, and I have yet to have a single FC!

Maybe I'm just a lucky guy, but anyway... CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT ROM!!!

Edited by alcap

Guest limas123
I am still wondering if I will include the 920 kernel in 1.7.1 patch. I would like to be sure there is no instability reported. Even if a little number of users have issues and most of them don't, I can't permit.

What is the exactact name of the kernel you use ?(kernel-update-920-lcr1.7.zip , kernel-update-920-lcr1.7-ramzswap+TSfix+SVS.zip , or kernel-update-920-lcr1.7-ramzswap+TSfix+SVS-2.zip ).

Please give me an answer

I'm using kernel-update-920-lcr1.7.zip, the simple one, and it's rock stable! So stable that i'm wondering about to try the 998Mhz one...

Guest HustlinDaily

I have a question (probably another stupid one but better safe than sorry is what I say-

So I bought a class 6 8GB microsd card and want to put it in my phone which is running LCR 1.7. I know that LCR 1.7 requires some booting from the sdcard (UI.txt or whatever it is. Everything is 0 if that makes a diff). I am wondering, what is the safest way for me to replace my sdcard (hoping to do it asap as I can finally have space to use apps2sd) and for LCR to boot up normally.

Thanks in advance.

Guest chingy1788
I have a question (probably another stupid one but better safe than sorry is what I say-

So I bought a class 6 8GB microsd card and want to put it in my phone which is running LCR 1.7. I know that LCR 1.7 requires some booting from the sdcard (UI.txt or whatever it is. Everything is 0 if that makes a diff). I am wondering, what is the safest way for me to replace my sdcard (hoping to do it asap as I can finally have space to use apps2sd) and for LCR to boot up normally.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have apps to SD enabled? i.e. do you have an ext partition on the current SD card?

If you dont, just copy the contents of the old SD card to the new one, put the new one in, and turn your phone on, it should work fine

if you have Apps to SD enabled... then I'm not too sure how to proceed

Guest malez
Hey there,

I was afraid to flash LCR 1.7 (had the 1.6) because I heard so many bad comments about it. I decided to flash it anyway after trying a few other roms and so far it's amazing! It's really really fast, and I have yet to have a single FC!

Maybe I'm just a lucky guy, but anyway... CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT ROM!!!

Since you are on 1.7, you battery life must be short but it will be fixex applyinf p1 patch

Guest malez
Thanks for the great job guys.

I would like to know how can I activate reading in Arabic in the browser,

it says it's supported, but the arabic websites looks strange (unreadable)

Thanks again

For exemple when I load http://6arab.com, everything is well displayed.

What URL are you trying to load ?

Be sure you have NOT applied the asian language patch

EDIT : I asked an arabic speaking personn and effectively caraters are displayed in an incorrect way (they are not connected each others). I have made some research about this and it looks like it is also require to change libs. So big big work.

Edited by malez

Guest malez

Thanks in advance.

To replace your sd card, just copy the content of you old one to your new one.

If you use apps2sd, you will also need to create an ext2 partition on your new sdcard and copy your old ext2 parition content to your new one (keeping permissions).

I you don"'t have many apps, the easier way it to move your apps back to phone first, then insert you new sdcard, create ext2 parition, and move your apps to sd.

Concerning LCR_UI.txt, don't worry about it. I have managed the case when the file does not exists on sd. (Also managed the case with apps on sd and trying to boot without sd;) )

Guest fischschneehase

@Malez: dunno if you already checkt the bugtracker issues but i have update my comment on issue 102.

I dont know if its fixed or not cause i got a freeze today morning but i also got a kernelpanic log on my sd card:S and usually when my phone freezes because of switching between 2g and 3g i get no log?! so can you plaese have a look at the log? i can uplaod it tomorrow cause i cant get to my pc today and with my liquid it doesnt work... but could you plase do so?:lol:

Guest HustlinDaily
To replace your sd card, just copy the content of you old one to your new one.

If you use apps2sd, you will also need to create an ext2 partition on your new sdcard and copy your old ext2 parition content to your new one (keeping permissions).

I you don"'t have many apps, the easier way it to move your apps back to phone first, then insert you new sdcard, create ext2 parition, and move your apps to sd.

Concerning LCR_UI.txt, don't worry about it. I have managed the case when the file does not exists on sd. (Also managed the case with apps on sd and trying to boot without sd;) )

THANK YOU! No more of that super annoying "Low On Space" notification!

Guest L0cu7us
Hi

Malez, don't use the OC kernel with other feature.

For me 998 Mhz "Simple" kernel" work like a charm, but i have some reboots with 920 Mhz + TS + .....

I thinks the "Simple" OC kernel is more stable than others, but the best is to let people choose (You could make this as a patch but only with "simple" kernel which are really more stable)

PS : I have also 3D PB, with asphalt, and armagedon squadron is slower than on donut...

+1 i have random reboot with 920mhz+ts etc... :-(

Guest raulicio
Confirmed to be better by one of my testers

I hpe this patch is going to help me out!:lol:

Edited by raulicio

Guest petoulachi
sorry but im not sure i understand you. Is this issue going to be fixed in the pach, or is there another way for increasing voice call volume?

Fixed in 1.7.1 which is beeing tested by some users :lol:

Guest malez
So, what differences LCR 1.7.1 will be??

Can you made a change log?

Thanks

There is only one place to know this

The official google code page

Link is in first post.

Changelog is published since yesterday

Guest Riekr
There is only one place to know this

The official google code page

Link is in first post.

Changelog is published since yesterday

not for the 1.7.1 :lol: