malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest nightelforce
1.) Connect USD in debug mode.

2.) Run the patch.

3.) The program will reboot into bootloader and flash the recovery image and reboot again.

4.) Enjoy.

:'((

post-730396-1279210565_thumb.jpg

Guest malez
:'((

Try thes commands

fastboot -i 0x0502 erase recovery

==> erasing 'recovery'... OKAY

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash:raw recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img

==> sending 'recovery' (4972 KB)... OKAY

==> writing 'recovery'... OKAY

Guest nightelforce
Try thes commands

fastboot -i 0x0502 erase recovery

==> erasing 'recovery'... OKAY

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash:raw recovery malezRecovery_0.5.4.img

==> sending 'recovery' (4972 KB)... OKAY

==> writing 'recovery'... OKAY

erasing 'recovery'... OKAY

sending 'recovery' (4972 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED

Guest malez
erasing 'recovery'... OKAY

sending 'recovery' (4972 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED

Looks like you have a corrupted area in your flash memory. Have you reflashed a bin to see if it solve ?

Guest K.L.Maxwell

Hi malez :angry:

Yesterday I installed the last version (0.5.4) of your recovery; it is the first time i change the recovery so I have a few doubts...

When I start the device in recovery mode I get some sort of error, here's what it says:

Build : malez-liquid-0.5.4

Finding update package...

Opening update package

E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such file or directory)

Installation aborted

Does it mean that I made some sort of mistake during the installation? Or it's just normal?

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Guest malez
Hi malez :angry:

Yesterday I installed the last version (0.5.4) of your recovery; it is the first time i change the recovery so I have a few doubts...

When I start the device in recovery mode I get some sort of error, here's what it says:

Does it mean that I made some sort of mistake during the installation? Or it's just normal?

Thank you in advance for your answer :D

Don't worry you made not mistake. That is normal. That is the original way the recovery works with real stantard recovery : if a signed package named update.zip is stored in sdcard's root, it is applied on recovery run.

So don't let any update.zip file at root of your sdcard to avoid unwanted flash.

Guest K.L.Maxwell
Don't worry you made not mistake. That is normal. That is the original way the recovery works with real stantard recovery : if a signed package named update.zip is stored in sdcard's root, it is applied on recovery run.

So don't let any update.zip file at root of your sdcard to avoid unwanted flash.

Ok, thank you very much! :angry:

Another question: which method should I choose to unlock the market? I have Eclair (1.100.39)...

Edited by K.L.Maxwell

Guest malez
Ok, thank you very much! :angry:

Another question: which method should I choose to unlock the market? I have Eclair (1.100.39)...

Use 2.1 to unlock

Guest chutommy1984

I am sorry about that.

I sucessfully to install the malezRecovery image 0.5.4

but I dont have the back light in the recovery mode....

I am using 1.100.39_EMEA-GEN1

kernel version 2.6.29...

is there any problems?

Guest Netgic
I am sorry about that.

I sucessfully to install the malezRecovery image 0.5.4

but I dont have the back light in the recovery mode....

I am using 1.100.39_EMEA-GEN1

kernel version 2.6.29...

is there any problems?

same problem too.... :D :angry:

Guest malez
same problem too.... :D :angry:

Really strange.

0. 5. 4 was designed for 1. 100. 39 and this couple works for nearly everyone. Give a try to 0. 5. 3. I am really surprised. What is your phone s 100 or liquid e?

Guest natasjakok

I just tried to install the recovery image but it didn't work and i get this error:

th_23188_acer_122_446lo.JPG

This happens when i type "adb-windows.exe reboot recovery" and the phone won't boot into recovery

I don't know if this has anything to do with Acer_Liquid_1.004.02_EMEA_CUS2 which is the build that's currenty on the phone. Can anyone help me cause it won't work for me

Guest G_Technik
I just tried to install the recovery image but it didn't work and i get this error:

th_23188_acer_122_446lo.JPG

This happens when i type "adb-windows.exe reboot recovery" and the phone won't boot into recovery

I don't know if this has anything to do with Acer_Liquid_1.004.02_EMEA_CUS2 which is the build that's currenty on the phone. Can anyone help me cause it won't work for me

You haven't install malezRecovery, cause picture you see is a default recovery sign (just push "Camera" and you'll get the menu)

Guest malez
I have a trouble.. I try app2sd on this recovery..

but, stuck connection boot logo/ boot looping..

You need an apps2sd compliant rom, like LCR

Guest jnemeth
You need an apps2sd compliant rom, like LCR

Hi,

Please help me on a similar problem. I have rooted my liquid and used your recovery0.5.4. (Thanks for this, donation will come definitely :( ) Market is also enabled, (11.59 - 12.02 trick also done) and I still only can see free apps. May I need also a supporting rom for this? I'm still using 1.100.39 and I'm fine with it so far.

Thanks,

J.

Guest malez
Hi,

Please help me on a similar problem. I have rooted my liquid and used your recovery0.5.4. (Thanks for this, donation will come definitely :( ) Market is also enabled, (11.59 - 12.02 trick also done) and I still only can see free apps. May I need also a supporting rom for this? I'm still using 1.100.39 and I'm fine with it so far.

Thanks,

J.

It may take some time for market to be taken into account. Try rebooting many time and empty market cache (Settings / Applications / Manage apps / Press option buton - filter - all / select android market and wipe cache and reboot). That is strange you cant see paid apps. Have you used enable marlet for 2.1 ?

Guest jnemeth
It may take some time for market to be taken into account. Try rebooting many time and empty market cache (Settings / Applications / Manage apps / Press option buton - filter - all / select android market and wipe cache and reboot). That is strange you cant see paid apps. Have you used enable marlet for 2.1 ?

Yes, I did it with 2.1

I will try to reboot with empty cache and will let you know the result.

Thanks for dealing with the issue.

Edit: empty cache doesn't solve the problem. :(

I will leave for a week now, just please post here if you may find any trick/hint.

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by jnemeth

Guest PhilNelwyn

Feature suggestion :

I renamed my nandroid backup folders (bdc... etc) to roms' name.

I'd like to have the choice to backup to an existing folder, it would replace the last backup in this folder instead of creating a new one.

For example, if I have "BDC[...]-LCR1.7.3" and "BDC[...]-LCR1.8" folders, there would be 2 options :

-- create new folder (it names the backup with date and hour)

-- overwrite existing folder (it asks me to choose between "BDC[...]-LCR1.7.3" and "BDC[...]-LCR1.8")

It would be sooooo great.

What do you think of it ?

Edited by PhilNelwyn