malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest droug

I am not able to restore a nandroid backup. That's error, and give the command for terminal, but in terminal says that I am not permissions. What can I do??

Edited by droug

Guest malez
I am not able to restore a nandroid backup. That's error, and give the command for terminal, but in terminal says that I am not permissions. What can I do??

Could you provide the recovery log please.

Guest droug
Could you provide the recovery log please.

I already can do the restore, The problem was a space in the name, I had "lcr 1.7.3" and change to "lcr1.7.3" and works

Guest PhilNelwyn

@Malez

Feature suggestion :

I renamed my nandroid backup folders (bdc... etc) to roms' name.

I'd like to have the choice to backup to an existing folder, it would replace the last backup in this folder instead of creating a new one.

For example, if I have "BDC[...]-LCR1.7.3" and "BDC[...]-LCR1.8" folders, there would be 2 options :

-- create new folder (it names the backup with date and hour)

-- overwrite existing folder (it asks me to choose between "BDC[...]-LCR1.7.3" and "BDC[...]-LCR1.8")

It would be sooooo great.

What do you think of it ?

Is it possible ?

Guest PhilNelwyn
It is difficult but I will study it. Could you open an enhancement issue on bugtracker please.

Oh... I didn't know I could do that, sorry.

Guest malez
I can't apply to zip..

and I try ummount FS to fix it.. but I can't it..

How to solved this problem???

Please send me the recovery log for analysis. Maybe you are trying to add files to a full filesystem or your update.zip is invalid. The could be many reason

Guest Ramdanih
Please send me the recovery log for analysis. Maybe you are trying to add files to a full filesystem or your update.zip is invalid. The could be many reason

Ok.. recovery.txt

Invalid/eror zip??? I check zip download. its OK

I've tried to apply to zip ROM LCR 1.7.2, 1.8, LS ROM 2.1.

all fine..

Error : apply zip to ROM xian v1.0, LS ROM Upgrade to 2.1.2, theme pack LS

Edited by Ramdanih

Guest malez
Ok.. recovery.txt

Invalid/eror zip??? I check zip download. its OK

I've tried to apply to zip ROM LCR 1.7.2, 1.8, LS ROM 2.1.

all fine..

Error : apply zip to ROM xian v1.0, LS ROM Upgrade to 2.1.2, theme pack LS

You apps are stored on sd, isn't it ?

Guest sambo2992

Is there anything to boot from SD in recover mode which can erase superboot. Thats the last thing i did with my Acer before it went all balcks creen of death on me..

Is there anything to boot from SD in recover mode which can erase superboot. Thats the last thing i did with my Acer before it went all balcks creen of death on me..

If you have a file named update.zip on your sd card root and you run the recovery using combo key, it will apply this update.zip; If this update contains a bad boot.img file, it could result in a black screen.

That's why

Never keep an update.zip file on your sdcard root folder, always rename it

Just tell me what bin file you use, so i can provide you an update to fix you boot.

Guest intercorp
If you have a file named update.zip on your sd card root and you run the recovery using combo key, it will apply this update.zip; If this update contains a bad boot.img file, it could result in a black screen.

That's why

Never keep an update.zip file on your sdcard root folder, always rename it

Just tell me what bin file you use, so i can provide you an update to fix you boot.

I can't believe it - i just got this problem this morning and i came on this forum and found someone else with it! Please help me - i did keep an update.zip file on the root of the card and i got the black screen.

Just a quick recap of what i did - installed Eclair on my Acer A1 and then wanted to root so i tried to install superboot and the Malez image

I used Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1_2fe3feb1f695fe0b8e22c09ae14544fd.bin

Thanks

I can't believe it - i just got this problem this morning and i came on this forum and found someone else with it! Please help me - i did keep an update.zip file on the root of the card and i got the black screen.

Just a quick recap of what i did - installed Eclair on my Acer A1 and then wanted to root so i tried to install superboot and the Malez image

I used Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1_2fe3feb1f695fe0b8e22c09ae14544fd.bin

Thanks

You have used a wrong superboot that does not match you bin file.

Instead of using superboot, you can root using the malez recovery or use an already rooted rom like LCR.

using Superboot is an error (Now you have the proof of it)

Download this file (THIS FILE IS ONLY for 1.100.05 binary)

http://www.4shared.com/file/05Zj4z9y/originalBoot110005.html

Reboot in recovery (Volume - + camera + power)

USB mass storage toggle

=> put the file on your sd card, REMOVE YOUR UPDATE.ZIP file and umount the sd card from your computer

press home to exit USB mass storage toggle

Flash/test menu

Flash zip from sdcard

select originalBoot110005.zip

press home

reboot

Edited by malez

Guest jnemeth
Yes, I did it with 2.1

I will try to reboot with empty cache and will let you know the result.

Thanks for dealing with the issue.

Edit: empty cache doesn't solve the problem. :D

I will leave for a week now, just please post here if you may find any trick/hint.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi Malez, do you have any news on this? Market is still down for me, after several reboot and cache clear as well. I really would like to see those paid apps.

Hi Malez, do you have any news on this? Market is still down for me, after several reboot and cache clear as well. I really would like to see those paid apps.

Try a factory reset.

Guest jnemeth
Try a factory reset.

Ok I will.

But first I need to learn how to create a nandroid backup because this is something I couldn't understand so far...

Do I understand correctly that after the factory reset I need to re-install whatever I have did with my phone so far? Or a factory reset + backup will do the job?

Ok I will.

But first I need to learn how to create a nandroid backup because this is something I couldn't understand so far...

Do I understand correctly that after the factory reset I need to re-install whatever I have did with my phone so far? Or a factory reset + backup will do the job?

To create a nandroid backup, just move to backp/restore menu and then nandroid backup.

Then wipe menu / factory reset.

After the factory reset, you will need to reconfigure your phone and reinstall apps. You can backup them now using titanium backup (and before factory reset of course)

Do no restore your backup after the factory reset, except if your problem still persist or you will have the phone in the same state as it is today.

Guest jnemeth
To create a nandroid backup, just move to backp/restore menu and then nandroid backup.

Then wipe menu / factory reset.

After the factory reset, you will need to reconfigure your phone and reinstall apps. You can backup them now using titanium backup (and before factory reset of course)

Do no restore your backup after the factory reset, except if your problem still persist or you will have the phone in the same state as it is today.

Thank you for the help. When I will have some calm hours I will do this...

Actually I think after factory reset I should try the market and if it works I can do the configuration and installations. If it still does not work I can restore the backup and get back everything on the phone quickly. Correct?

Thank you for the help. When I will have some calm hours I will do this...

Actually I think after factory reset I should try the market and if it works I can do the configuration and installations. If it still does not work I can restore the backup and get back everything on the phone quickly. Correct?

Correct