malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

You can try it in the steam but first, root root phone and procive the mtd like descibed in the issue for acer e400.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...es/detail?id=16

I think stream has another kernel but maybe it will work with Liquid one.

Thanks Malez for your reply. Perhaps another Stream Owner can pursue this. I have had to send mine back. It fails to ring from sleep mode when Acer UI is active for some unknown reasons. Really annoying for a new device. Also looks like a big lack of support files and tools, unlike the overwhelming support here for the A1 and E Liquids. I am stickking with my A1 for now but always waiting for that next, best,greatest device that isn't quite here yet.

Guest gdfath3r

To the developer:

Can be possible, to instal Malez Recovery from microSD? That would be a huge help for me.

Actually I cannot make my usb working, it is used only for charging.

To the developer:

Can be possible, to instal Malez Recovery from microSD? That would be a huge help for me.

Actually I cannot make my usb working, it is used only for charging.

ok it's a little tricky, but it can be done! here how:

- download flash_image from here and save it on your sdcard

- download malez recovery from here and extract only malezRecovery_0.6.img to sdcard

- get a Android Terminal Emulator from the market or use "adb shell" (but i think you can't)

- from the terminal run this commands:

su

chmod 777 /sdcard/flash_image

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/system/bin/flash_image

chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

sync

/system/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/malezRecovery_0.6.img

- enjoy your new recovery

edit: forgot the remount point

edit2: I just realized that probably you will not be able to become root because you don't have a modified boot loader.. let me know..

Edited by skakz

Guest gdfath3r
ok it's a little tricky, but it can be done! here how:

- download flash_image from here and save it on your sdcard

- download malez recovery from here and extract only malezRecovery_0.6.img to sdcard

- get a Android Terminal Emulator from the market or use "adb shell" (but i think you can't)

- from the terminal run this commands:

- enjoy your new recovery

edit: forgot the remount point

edit2: I just realized that probably you will not be able to become root because you don't have a modified boot loader.. let me know..

I will give a try. I am already root.

Thx for help..:)

Edited by gdfath3r

One simple (OK stupid) question.

I am currently using Ver. 0.5.4 on my phone and want to upgrade to 0.6.0 (full) do I just install it over the old version?

Donation to follow

Thank Malez and the LCR Team for all the work you have done.

One simple (OK stupid) question.

I am currently using Ver. 0.5.4 on my phone and want to upgrade to 0.6.0 (full) do I just install it over the old version?

Donation to follow

Thank Malez and the LCR Team for all the work you have done.

yes just install the new recovery over the old one..

Is there a way to put a name to nandoid backups?

THks for all

Not directly, as we have no keyboard in recovery.

But you can rename the directory on you sdcard : /sdcard/nandroid/recovery/XXXXXXXX

I plan to add an option in LcrSettings (LCR rom) to be able to create a backup giving its name

Guest gdfath3r
I will give a try. I am already root.

Thx for help..:)

Now, I getting confused. Firstly, flash_image has an .txt extension which has to be removed.

I succeded installing Malez Recovery, but it just appear for a second and after that continued to boot into normal stage of booting.

Then, after I booted into recovery, "Android System Recovery <2e>" came up.

What it means? Maybe I have an incompatibile boot.img?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I am really new here ( old in hackintosh ) and some things are not the same as in Mac.

Now, I getting confused. Firstly, flash_image has an .txt extension which has to be removed.

I succeded installing Malez Recovery, but it just appear for a second and after that continued to boot into normal stage of booting.

Then, after I booted into recovery, "Android System Recovery <2e>" came up.

What it means? Maybe I have an incompatibile boot.img?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I am really new here ( old in hackintosh ) and some things are not the same as in Mac.

What is the version of you phone ? Acer liquid A1 , Liquid E, Ferrari ?

What version if the recovery have you tried to install ?

What stpes have you followed ?

Guest gdfath3r
What is the version of you phone ? Acer liquid A1 , Liquid E, Ferrari ?

What version if the recovery have you tried to install ?

What stpes have you followed ?

I followed this tutorial, here: Skakz tutorial

I have Liquid s100 A1 with:

Firmware: 1.6

Baseband: A1-01.01.04

Kernel: 2.6.29

Build: Acer_Liquid_1.001.05_AAP_CSL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian Chuang

Hello!!

I met a starge trouble . Set up 0.6 successfully. Then after hit camera + volume + power button (the phone vibrate 3 times) I get just recovery mode picture (is it a triangle+phone) and no Malez recovery mode. Do you know what might be the touble? I've tried with/without usb connected. With usb connected it doesn't proceed even for triangle.

thx for help

Hello!!

I met a starge trouble . Set up 0.6 successfully. Then after hit camera + volume + power button (the phone vibrate 3 times) I get just recovery mode picture (is it a triangle+phone) and no Malez recovery mode. Do you know what might be the touble? I've tried with/without usb connected. With usb connected it doesn't proceed even for triangle.

thx for help

Yur male recovery is not installed. Wha tyou see is the strandard recovery. Reinstall recovery

When can the community expect access to 0.6.1? I looked on the Google Code page link on page one and it is still 0.6

I don't know i didn't have the time to pack it even if it is ready

Guest acer liquid e

hi... malez...i am new to android....have alot of question on it... will this void my warranty??? can it be uninstall...if can by how??? if i flash back to original rom will it back to stock include strandard recovery???

Guest sunshine333

I've done dozens of nandroid backups / restores. Your recovery is so great. Today i had a strange problem though. When i try to restore my latest backup i get the messge "Error: Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console!" What causes this error? What will running that script do?