malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Malez,

I re-downloaded the EXE file.

But this time, I extra the files from the EXE file and ran the CMD file to flash the Recovery.

It is working OK.

And what about run the exe "normaly" ?

Guest vikings123
And what about run the exe "normaly" ?

Malez, I can not run the EXE file normally, coz the interface is not in English.

Could you double check it out? Tnx!

Guest vikings123
Malez, I can not run the EXE file normally, coz the interface is not in English.

Could you double check it out? Tnx!

Here are the screen captures:

post-675858-1289082193_thumb.png

post-675858-1289082210_thumb.png

post-675858-1289082234_thumb.png

Guest vikings123
I have tested on XP and Vista (French). What is your os / language ?

I am using Win7 x64 , with both English and Traditional Chinese.

Anyway, script version is working perfectly.

Guest crazycage

Hi Malez,

I am attempting to use Malez Recovery to Root and install a custom ROM for the first time but the installer keeps saying "device not found" even though I have it successfully connected by USB to my computer and USB debugging is enabled on the phone.

I even got as far as manually loading into bootloader mode, and seeing some CHEKSUM screen with 4 cheksums and an ==OK== or something like that... thats as far as I got.

The installer keeps saying waiting on device and nothing happens.

What could I be doing wrong? My phone is from Rogers: Acer_LiquidE_1.100.03_PA_ROG

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Guest crazycage

Hi Malez,

I am attempting to use Malez Recovery to Root and install a custom ROM for the first time but the installer keeps saying "device not found" even though I have it successfully connected by USB to my computer and USB debugging is enabled on the phone.

I even got as far as manually loading into bootloader mode, and seeing some CHEKSUM screen with 4 cheksums and an ==OK== or something like that... thats as far as I got.

The installer keeps saying waiting on device and nothing happens.

What could I be doing wrong? My phone is from Rogers: Acer_LiquidE_1.100.03_PA_ROG

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

*** SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, please delete one. Site hung while I posted reply

Edited by crazycage

Guest crazycage

Nevermind, its working now :) although, I flashed LCR and its sitting at a boot screen (red android 2.2 froyo screen) FOREVER! Its been like 10 minutes + and it appears to be doing nothing.

Is it normal for a first time flash to take a long time to load? Anyone?

Guest crazycage
first boot after a flash always takes a while...

your on rogers too!

like this phone, have had mine 3 months, you?

Hi chewy,

yup had mine for only a month or so. hehe. couldn't wait to flash. how long does it really take? i've been waiting on boot screen forlike 20 min+ at a time and it still seems to do nothing. I saw somewhere that the android's eyes are suppose to blink? mine don't blink lol

how long did you first boot take? I have the LCR-F 1.0 do I flash signed or non-signed?

Hi chewy,

yup had mine for only a month or so. hehe. couldn't wait to flash. how long does it really take? i've been waiting on boot screen forlike 20 min+ at a time and it still seems to do nothing. I saw somewhere that the android's eyes are suppose to blink? mine don't blink lol

how long did you first boot take? I have the LCR-F 1.0 do I flash signed or non-signed?

Your are out of subject. Here is the recovery topic

Please post in LCR-F topic

(LCR-F need the froyo bin to be installed on phone previous to installing the rom - partition table is not enough with standard eclair strusture)

Guest crazycage

hi malez,

oh thats what I forgot thanks, hehe im a super noob.

I'll post LCR related stuff in that thread from now on sorry.

One more quick question though, I downloaded the BIN for liquid e from LCR site and i tried flashing (as update.zip) but malez recovery keeps saying "unmount FS in main menu and retry". I did this but it keeps saying it. please help, i'm stuck without a working phone.

Edited by crazycage

malez i've a question for you:

I've a Nandroid + ext2 backup and now I don't want use ext2 anymore. Can I partion and format my Sd card without ext2 partion and simply restore that backup with also ext2? In other words what happen when you restore a nandroid backup + ext2 and you don't have ext2 partion? Is ext2.tar unpacked in phone memory or just ignored?

edit:

I think I've founded the answare myself.. no I can't. because you should also fix simlinks partion table etc before restore ext2 files.. but it shouldn't be diffuclt to implement as option in the recovery.. isn't it?

Edited by skakz

Guest Ramdanih

I'm install ROM manager application & installed Clockwork Recovery image...

How to back your recovery???

I try uninstall ROM manager but still Clockwork recovery.. :rolleyes:

Edit : reinstall recovery.. it's work.. :-)

Edited by Ramdanih

malez i've a question for you:

I've a Nandroid + ext2 backup and now I don't want use ext2 anymore. Can I partion and format my Sd card without ext2 partion and simply restore that backup with also ext2? In other words what happen when you restore a nandroid backup + ext2 and you don't have ext2 partion? Is ext2.tar unpacked in phone memory or just ignored?

edit:

I think I've founded the answare myself.. no I can't. because you should also fix simlinks partion table etc before restore ext2 files.. but it shouldn't be diffuclt to implement as option in the recovery.. isn't it?

You have found the answer :rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay, I have personnal problems

Edited by malez

Guest nightelforce

Hi malez...

I can't install your recovery v.5-6, but i can install malezrecovery_0.4.1 B)

Can you do hightlighting in 0.4.1. specially for me? :-[

plz

Guest Harness

@Malez, could you send me a PM with some way to get ahold of you (preferrably realtime [msn/skype/irc/etc])? I'm trying to figure something out to help us Canadian Liquid E users be able to use your recovery image with our official 2.2 ROMs.

Guest Harness
use Acer tool 3.1 (google it)to install a froyo bin

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

install Malez with his .exe

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...ki/howToInstall

within recovery, flash alan090 latest rogers ROM

I would try LCR-F.....official stock 2.2 is not latest or most complete

enjoy

If that was directed at me, I know how to install it. My issue lies in a recovery image reflashing every time the phone turns off. I saw it on these forums or xda but I don't know what directory/partition/etc does it, so I can't fix it with Malez' or someone else's help.

Harness.

Guest Chewy11

Hi

Sorry trying to help

Malez is not arround much these days...we are all hoping for his return

Many others(too many to name) have good skills to help us

But not me...sorry

Guest Harness
Hi

Sorry trying to help

Malez is not arround much these days...we are all hoping for his return

Many others(too many to name) have good skills to help us

But not me...sorry

It's much appreciated man, it's good to have people around the forums trying to help. I think Vache got it though.

Harness