malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest vanisleguy1976

I see there is a new download on http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/ called AUTO_ROOT_PHONE_MALEZ_v1.2.exe. The description is "Rootkit for android phone, will install superuser on your phone (apply on a freshly rebooted phone)"

I'm curious what this is for? Or is it one of those, if you don't know what it is, don't use it sort of things B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jayziac

When I try to do a nandroid backup in 0.6.1, it progresses to the 2nd line of dots, and then get:

Error : Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd ?)

what does this mean?

btw, I have about 2 GB free on a 4 GB card.

Edited by jayziac

Guest Voice2000
When I try to do a nandroid backup in 0.6.1, it progresses to the 2nd line of dots, and then get:

Error : Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd ?)

what does this mean?

btw, I have about 2 GB free on a 4 GB card.

Hi all.

I have same error on Acer Liquid A1 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1, FroyoMetal

Guest happyhappyjony

Hi..newbie here....used malez recovery to root and flash my Liquid E to LCR 1.8.2 Eclair ROM...no problems...works well...great work man ;) :P thanks

Hi..newbie here....used malez recovery to root and flash my Liquid E to LCR 1.8.2 Eclair ROM...no problems...works well...great work man :) :) thanks

you are welcome

Guest Alexzandro

Hello, dear Malez ( hope Your personal probs. are solved ),

I also have encountered little problems installing last ACER release for 2.2 adapted to A1 with 256MB RAm ( Thanks McBoydesign !) I installed , flashed this 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1.bin ( a little hassle in the middle of procedure with three ....failed message in between, but ACER TOOLS went on and finished successfully ) , the release is operational and BT is working well, finally ( I needed it to connect to the new bought car audio system) , but I encountered some disadvantages, after rebooting I flashed Malez rec. with the full automatic procedure and I rooted ( system 1.1 with the little ninja , even if opening the app. shows nothing inside superuser ) and I tried restoring for example Titanium BK, but all my tries stopped with STARTING DOWNLOAD in Android Market and nothing else happens. This from yesterday, I tried via WIFI and Data plan connection, nothing !

I also tried the first two UNLOCK MARKET systems with Malez REC, nothing changed and I give up for the moment and decided to ask on the forum.

When accessing Your REC, it says in the lower part of the screen :

Build: malez-liquid 0.6.1

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

Installation aborted

E: can't mount CACHE:recovery/log

E: can't open CACHE: recovery/log

Something has gone wrong somewhere ?

Pls. see in attachement what I believe is the LOG I tried to send to SDcard ( converted in Word format, unable to upload in other simpler formats).

Any help will be much appreciated .

Alessandro

Starting_recovery_on_Wed_Dec__8_21_25.doc

Log.

Your cache partition is corrupted. Try to wipe cache in recovery or reflash the bin file. Looks like you flashing process was not fully completed or partition was corrupted.

Hello, dear Malez ( hope Your personal probs. are solved ),

I also have encountered little problems installing last ACER release for 2.2 adapted to A1 with 256MB RAm ( Thanks McBoydesign !) I installed , flashed this 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1.bin ( a little hassle in the middle of procedure with three ....failed message in between, but ACER TOOLS went on and finished successfully ) , the release is operational and BT is working well, finally ( I needed it to connect to the new bought car audio system) , but I encountered some disadvantages, after rebooting I flashed Malez rec. with the full automatic procedure and I rooted ( system 1.1 with the little ninja , even if opening the app. shows nothing inside superuser ) and I tried restoring for example Titanium BK, but all my tries stopped with STARTING DOWNLOAD in Android Market and nothing else happens. This from yesterday, I tried via WIFI and Data plan connection, nothing !

I also tried the first two UNLOCK MARKET systems with Malez REC, nothing changed and I give up for the moment and decided to ask on the forum.

When accessing Your REC, it says in the lower part of the screen :

Your cache partition is corrupted. Try to wipe cache in recovery or reflash the bin file. Looks like your flashing process was not fully completed or partition was corrupted.

I will send you LCR-F2.0in beta as your are a good helper

Guest Voice2000
Your cache partition is corrupted. Try to wipe cache in recovery or reflash the bin file. Looks like you flashing process was not fully completed or partition was corrupted.

Thanks malez. Wipe cache partition was helpful. Now backup complete.

Thanx again.

Guest Alexzandro
Your cache partition is corrupted. Try to wipe cache in recovery or reflash the bin file. Looks like your flashing process was not fully completed or partition was corrupted.

I will send you LCR-F2.0in beta as your are a good helper

Thanks a lot Malez for Your consideration, I will send You my Gmail account in PM. Going to try to wipeas You said.

Regards,

Alessandro

Edit: wipe cache solved market problems !

Edit2: when opening your rec last two lines ( see my prev. msg ) starting with E: ... are no more present!

Great! You are really THE CHIEF DEV! ! ! !

Thanks a lot, Malez

Alessandro

Edited by Alexzandro

Guest Harness

Hey Malez.

Working on Metal Froyo and despite everything I can't get the cache section to back up properly (hence why these people are probly posting here). I know you say the cache partition is broken or whatever, any hints or ideas as to how to make it work properly? Would it be sizing issues or what?

Harness.

I tried to google and search the forum but I might be a bit retarded...

How does this swap partition work? I have some trouble with running out of RAM when I run froyo bins so I made a 32 MB swap partition with malez recovery. Do I have to flash a ROM as well to get it working or activate it in some way? Can't see any difference in RAM so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jnemeth

Maybe not the best topic for this question but I did not find a suitable one this is connected to malez recovery... :unsure:

So, if I would like to go for an SD card upgrade what do I need to do? Simply copy the content of my current card to the new and replace? I bet this is not enough as I use apps2sd and I guess I need to do the partition somehow.

Can I do this somehow in recovery?

Thanks,

J.

Guest Harness
Maybe not the best topic for this question but I did not find a suitable one this is connected to malez recovery... :unsure:

So, if I would like to go for an SD card upgrade what do I need to do? Simply copy the content of my current card to the new and replace? I bet this is not enough as I use apps2sd and I guess I need to do the partition somehow.

Can I do this somehow in recovery?

Thanks,

J.

Partition in Malez. Copy contents of each partition from one card to the other.

Harness.

Guest Harness
Thanks, I will do this.

If you have trouble with the ext2 partition, your best bet (imo) would be to pull all the apps from your ext2 partition with adb, put all the fat32 contents back on, push to the card while in recovery, then reboot.

Guest L0cu7us

I have problem with nandroid backup and the rom T&L , seems it doesn't save the apps moved to SD with froyo regular mode.

After i have backup , then wiped all, then restored, i have only some 'link' to the app into applications settings but no REAL app installed, is this ok ?

Where android store the app it move to sd ?

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shamino9

I am trying to do a nandroid backup, but it keeps freezing during the process. Does anyone else have/had this problem and knows how to fix this? Thanks.

I am trying to do a nandroid backup, but it keeps freezing during the process. Does anyone else have/had this problem and knows how to fix this? Thanks.

Please provide a log

Guest EddyFreschi

with recovery 0.6.1 i can't restore any backup (Error:run nandroid-mobile.sh restore via console),also i can't provide any log because i see (Error:Run log2sd via console). i've already tried to wipe cache and umount FS, any help please?:lol:

with recovery 0.6.1 i can't restore any backup (Error:run nandroid-mobile.sh restore via console),also i can't provide any log because i see (Error:Run log2sd via console). i've already tried to wipe cache and umount FS, any help please?:lol:

After error occurred, choose copy log to sdcard in recovery main menu.you will have recovery.log placed on your sdcard root