WM6.5 Custom Roms By MaGaWa

Guest magawa

Guest magawa
Very nice ROM. Going to keep this one on my device.

I'll post my findings and bugs.

thanks about nice replay :(

give your feeeedback

Guest ebsbow
thanks about nice replay :(

give your feeeedback

Really like the ROM so fare

Here is my contribution:

-Anyway to get the front camera to work again? (Really, really want this back.)

-No 3G dialer is an bummer as well.

-An other thing the touchscreen. Its very unresponsive at times. Have sometimes have to push harder then before.

-the dialer isn't great at responding either, it also is missing options and it an older skin...

-Don't really like the Toolbar icons. Start button is fine, but the 'X', back arrow and lock icon are a bit to prominent for my tast. They also interfere with other WM themes.

-Map search doesn't seem to work

-GPS doesn't work in Google maps or at all

-Volume applet isn't skinned or uses the original ugly MS applet

-Volume Up/Down key(Hold) isn't an option or isn't configurable

-psShutXP start menu icon isn't as nice as the rest

-STK menu icon is an old one, also the menu isn't skined

-Nitrogen isn't my personal choice, a rather go for S2P 0.80..

-Keyboard is crappy( if you don't mind :( and its in arabic for parts. This case I rather prefere the Omnia one over this.

I hope this will help a bit :(

Guest magawa

Here is my contribution:

-An other thing the touchscreen. Its very unresponsive at times. Have sometimes have to push harder then before.

-the dialer isn't great at responding either, it also is missing options and it an older skin...

-Don't really like the Toolbar icons. Start button is fine, but the 'X', back arrow and lock icon are a bit to prominent for my tast. They also interfere with other WM themes.

-Keyboard is crappy( if you don't mind :( and its in arabic for parts. This case I rather prefere the Omnia one over this.

thanks for your feed back

-

-you can install omnia dailer and it will work

-I have putted FTouchSL edited by me in frist post

-its microsoft dailer ( omnia take alot of ram and rom )

-because it doesnt have google maps

-GPS working on my device using Igo8

-( I dont know what you saying)

-removed for more storage ( you know htc apps are alot )

-you can use your own icon

-you can use your own icon

-I will not cook nitogen any more

-I know its my fault (very crappy )

thanks ( hope you anderstand me ) :(

Guest Catani

Here is my contribution:

No offense but most of those "issues" aren't really issues. Half of those issues happened just to you (tried ROM on 2 Omnia's and working just fine)and the rest are ...well....not issues ..but you having problems with his esthetical taste. The fact that you don't like some icons arent' really issues :(

As for MaGaWa....great work man...only problem I found so far is the fact that when my Omnia is locked and have notifications or messages I have no shortcuts to access them ( I tap the slide button but nothing happens). Oh...and yes...the keyboard is kinda ugly....but I can install a different one if I want to change it. Anyway....keep up the work dude....nice start.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that my Omnia won't charge when attached via USB. Maybe you could take a look

Edited by Catani

Guest ebsbow
No offense but most of those "issues" aren't really issues. Half of those issues happened just to you (tried ROM on 2 Omnia's and working just fine)and the rest are ...well....not issues ..but you having problems with his esthetical taste. The fact that you don't like some icons arent' really issues :(

As for MaGaWa....great work man...only problem I found so far is the fact that when my Omnia is locked and have notifications or messages I have no shortcuts to access them ( I tap the slide button but nothing happens). Oh...and yes...the keyboard is kinda ugly....but I can install a different one if I want to change it. Anyway....keep up the work dude....nice start.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that my Omnia won't charge when attached via USB. Maybe you could take a look

Dude, I don't want to change everthing I don't have the time for that. Just want an nice ROM thats it. Most of use want that you know. (Nice = Aesthetically and consistently pleasing and working under most condition) And where I can help, I wil.

What an stupid ar.. comment..

And for the record, just put up this ROM this morning an I own the same i900 as everyone else, and I do have lots of problems depending on various conditions.

Man..shuttup! :(

Guest Catani
Dude, I don't want to change everthing I don't have the time for that. Just want an nice ROM thats it. Most of use want that you know. (Nice = Aesthetically and consistently pleasing and working under most condition) And where I can help, I wil.

What an stupid ar.. comment..

And for the record, just put up this ROM this morning an I own the same i900 as everyone else, and I do have lots of problems depending on various conditions.

Man..shuttup! :(

Wow...you're a feisty little fella aren't you? :( I just stated that personally I don't find some of your issues relative. If you want to change so many things and have an aesthetically and consistently pleasing and working under most condition rom....maybe you should try cooking something yourself. Who knows ....maybe you'll find it that you actually enjoy cooking the Omnia cuisine instead of just tasting it :(

Edited by Catani

Guest ebsbow
Wow...you're a feisty little fella aren't you? :( I just stated that personally I don't find some of your issues relative. If you want to change so many things and have an aesthetically and consistently pleasing and working under most condition rom....maybe you should try cooking something yourself. Who knows ....maybe you'll find it that you actually enjoy cooking the Omnia cuisine instead of just tasting it :(

You don't find 'that' relative to ROM customization..now that's interesting.. :(

(In that case lets go for an stock base rom.

And while we are at it, lets go 'retro', lets go CE 3.0 all over again, lol.)

Just having a laugh, hope you don't mind.

Any-who, Tried to test(*#0..) the front camera, but it seems the necessary files aren't available?

Maybe an extended ROM would be of interest to make an consistent ROM? I use the M2D ROM, space isn't really an issue for me functionality and aesthetics are.

Hopefully that's the aim of this ROM,

edit;

found this solution for the keyboard: just drop into the \windows folder.

keyboard_msimar.96.zip

Edited by ebsbow

Guest magawa

I will cook new m2dv2 rom (soooon)

with gps fix and without keyboard music and photo tabs in manila ETC....... ( like the feed backs )

Guest JunPhil

On any cooked ROM I found out that you really have to calibrate the screen. Applications such as FPSECE relies on the screen calibration very much. Some areas on the screen,particularly on the upper left hand quadrant in landscape view, remain unaccessable and unresponsive and it can save you much grief.

Edited by JunPhil

Guest torpedro

one thing i love your rom, is the 4 icons in start menu, how i put 4 or 5 icons in another rom? with any cab?

thank you very much

Guest torpedro

thank you very much,

work perfectly.

by the way, you have for 4 icons? because in 5 icons, the icons are small.

thank you again

Guest magawa
thank you very much,

work perfectly.

by the way, you have for 4 icons? because in 5 icons, the icons are small.

thank you again

just uninstall the app you will get 4 icons

Guest torpedro

at this time im not using your rom, because have one thing that i dont like, when i scroll in system, and file explorer, make a bip sound everytime i slide the files.

that's why i ask you, if you have any cab for 4 rows.

thank you

Guest magawa
at this time im not using your rom, because have one thing that i dont like, when i scroll in system, and file explorer, make a bip sound everytime i slide the files.

that's why i ask you, if you have any cab for 4 rows.

thank you

hahahaha this is so easy to fix just install the edited Ftouch SL by me and every thing in touch will be great

Guest ebsbow

Camera seems to hang sometimes when starting up.

Doesn't lock the system, but need to reboot(or kill) to be able to use it again.

Also, some times the compression of a video made by the camera is corrupted.

'Unable to read...'

Edited by ebsbow

Guest magawa
Camera seems to hang sometimes when starting up.

Doesn't lock the system, but need to reboot(or kill) to be able to use it again.

Also, some times the compression of a video made by the camera is corrupted.

'Unable to read...'

its from the build not from me

the fix in to install pako777 camera

Guest ebsbow
its from the build not from me

the fix in to install pako777 camera

Don't understand, do I need to install pako777 camera fix, or is in already cooked into your ROM?

Guest magawa
Don't understand, do I need to install pako777 camera fix, or is in already cooked into your ROM?

I meant the camera cab

got it <_<