[ROM] [Android 2.1] Raidroid 1.1, Eris 2.1 Port EVEN FASTER!

Guest RaiderX303

Guest bodiaye
How is the custom rom installed, if I may ask?

Where can I get the boot Loader please. I am new to this and don't wish to brink my HTC Hero.

Can you provide me with a link to the instruction?

Must the handset be unlocked first before installing custom ROM?

Edited by bodiaye

Guest jonathanmusto

Have to say i'm loving this ROM! Very snappy! It's now become my new daily and replace 3.2b5!! (are you reading this Paul, put that Nexus down for a second ;-)) I like the way everything scrolls in sideways too, very slick!! A couple of questions though:

- Lockscreen is still like the old one, all other 2.1 roms i've seen have the slider pulled in from the left?

- Car mode? Where is this, is our equivelent the 'Navigation' app?

- Live wallpapers?

@bodiaye - head over to the unlockr website, loads of video guides on there. You'll need to root the hero then install the custom recovery image, do some research first though as if you a using a recent official build there may be some extra steps involved when rooting, good luck! Before applying any rom alway do any Nandroid backup (within the recovery image).

Cheers,

J

Edited by jonathanmusto

Guest The_IMF

I liked this rom but the fact my apps were multiplying was a bit off putting... I installed this and then installed Villain 3.1 over it and now that is running perfectly...

This one doesn't have a 3D gallery and has the same issues with MMS as Villain 3.1.

Guest jonathanmusto
I liked this rom but the fact my apps were multiplying was a bit off putting... I installed this and then installed Villain 3.1 over it and now that is running perfectly...

This one doesn't have a 3D gallery and has the same issues with MMS as Villain 3.1.

No multiplying apps for me, but i've just noticed vioce search doesn't work.... Force close, anyone else?

Guest shokka9

yeah, same here. Voice search FC's everytime.

Had some little FC's (chompSMS), but everything seems stable and running well.

Battery life seems a little bit shorter....but time will tell.

Everything else seems fine, no issues at all.

This is my first trial of 2.1 and i must admit i am quite impressed with it. Cant wait for official builds to come out so they can be customised!

Thanks dude!

Guest spence91

I think mine is hanging at boot - it shows a short animation of Verizon wireless and then it just stays there.

it's been like this for 5 mins, i'll leave it for another 10 and then revert to my backup

...has anyone else had similar problems?

********EDIT!!!!**********

got it up and running after a full wipe of the phone in nandroid.

seems to be working ok - except mobile internet doesn't seem to be working right now mobile internet is working :-)

Same impressions as everyone else - VERY snappy and voice search doesn't work

Edited by spence91

No multiplying apps for me, but i've just noticed vioce search doesn't work.... Force close, anyone else?

Running VillainROM 3.1 here and voice search is working perfectly, tested by long pressing the search button, and by running the app from the launcher.

- Car mode? Where is this, is our equivelent the 'Navigation' app?

VillainROM 3.1 has an app called Navigator which is what you're looking for, its seems to work well and looks very nice.

Guest starfarer

Not getting GPS fix on google map. Haven't tried on co-pilot.

Navigator is included. Voice search FC. HTC Widgets (battery) are not showing despite on market displayed as installed. Indoor camera pics on same conditions and subjects are quite poor compare to MCR. BT not tested. Apart, didn't had any problem at all in a day's use.

But from my past experience of 2.1, All of these ported ROM's are very promising. I for myself, never going back on 1.5.

Anyway, great work.

Guest b_jammin666

This Rom is amazing! Loving the speed and my BT headset is now working! The vanilla 2.1 ROM's I have used couldn't get that working.

I have a question, since using some ASOP android builds I really find I get on better with the default android keyboard. However I can't figure out how to enable it on this ROM. Do I need to install an APK for this?

It's kinda hard to google for as there are so many guides for people going the other way (stock ROM -> adding HTC Keyboard).

Installed this ROM, but now back to MCR 3.1

First of all, beautiful and fast rom, however, I think that kernel issues hold it down as I believe that most of the problems I have are related to the kernel. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what people will do with the OTA update for the GSM Hero.

I had issues with voice search, but the short battery life (full to empty in 12 hours, with no use of the Hero, with a spontaneous reboot)and the spontaneous reboots really kept me from staying on 2.1. In 24 hours I had 2 reboots for no apparent reason (perhaps the consequence of voice search force closes), one while the phone was in 'sleep' mode.

Guest Mansn
Fast and stable to an extent, had some force closes but those are no big deal but this one is worth the wait.

Can anyone link me to a google maps installer that will have navigation that works in the UK? This rom does not come pre-loaded with Google Maps ...

Can anyone link me to a google maps installer that will have navigation that works in the UK? This rom does not come pre-loaded with Google Maps ...

navigation doesn't work in the UK but check for an app called navigator IIRC. It has maps in it.

Guest Musicmannetje

I am using Modaco 3.1 for about ages now, because no 2.1 version seemed good enough to be usable. This one looks okay in every way, so I am very eager to try it out.

But what about the rollback? I assume a complete wipe is needed going to this version, and so I am worried I won't be able to go back to the 3.1 Modaco version. Is it as simple as doing a nandroid backup, and I will have my complete old familiar phone back after a restore of this?

Thanx.

Guest Mansn

I just wanted to say, that apart from a few minor niggles here and there this is the best Eris 2.1 port for the Hero. I can't wait for the final version from HTC so that all you modders can go totally nuts.

Guest lemmingzappa

I restored back to MDC as I was getting loads of FC errors on this 2.1 ROM. A2SD wasn't working either. It also wouldn't let me sign into my google account.

When I wiped before installing it I wiped everything apart from SD:ext.

Is that correct ?

Edited by lemmingzappa

Guest masterpfa
I am using Modaco 3.1 for about ages now, because no 2.1 version seemed good enough to be usable. This one looks okay in every way, so I am very eager to try it out.

But what about the rollback? I assume a complete wipe is needed going to this version, and so I am worried I won't be able to go back to the 3.1 Modaco version. Is it as simple as doing a nandroid backup, and I will have my complete old familiar phone back after a restore of this?

Thanx.

A nandroid backup will restore your phone to a previous state, try Titanium Backup as well, this will retain virtually all your settings. These 2 have allowed me to switch from ROM to ROM (I've tried nearly every Hero ROM going <_<) over the last 3months without any problems.

Guest starfarer
Having come from a ROM which has a hacked version of Google Maps with navigation, I can confirm that navigation does work in the UK.I have in fact managed to locate an apk installer now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...23&page=109

That's old version. i use the new one in here V6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630887. I uninstalled accidentally in another ROM and hard time finding it. Tested working in UK.

Edited by starfarer

Guest lemmingzappa

A2SD still not working.

EDIT: just realised this might be because i'm using ext4.

Edited by lemmingzappa

Guest Mansn

After using the rom for a few hours I have indeed detected several isssues:

- Massive battery drain.; my battery went from 75% to 10% in just a few hours. Normally I can go a whole day on this charge level.

- GPS; the GPS takes ages to pick up a signal

- Camera; sometimes the camera fails to initiate