XXIL2 MegaLite ROM 6.5

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
is it just me or is office mobile really missing?

Yup, will be making an installation cab later

or try to use Sotware Maker Office, it's better than MS

Guest daskalos
@daskalos

Don't you think the input methods could be trimmed a further? Block recognizer and letter recognizer may also be deleted.

In the next version <_<

Guest daskalos
Thanks for those solution daskalos, but i haven't a chance to make them after changing my language into german...

The Phone adjusted all settings and now i have the original ROM back <_<

So i think the same Problem as G-KEY in Post 27

Damn!

By Original ROM...Do you mean the full ROM you have before flashing mine (Complete Samsung Apps and Wm apps) comes back?

Can you explain what happened further... It's really strange :mellow:

Edited by daskalos

So there is going to be next version, great to hear about it!

Does the Samsung application file include Office files too? I would not like to miss out on Office options.

Guest daskalos
So there is going to be next version, great to hear about it!

Does the Samsung application file include Office files too? I would not like to miss out on Office options.

Not yet, but I'm currently working on it. <_<

Guest boogiecornejo
Yup, will be making an installation cab later

or try to use Sotware Maker Office, it's better than MS

i meant in the newly upped files taken out from the rom:-)

Guest G-KEY
That's strange...can you give more details? Can someone confirm this?

sorry just flashed back to a previous rom. i will flash it right now again and post some details. just one correction. i didn't hard reset it. i had to change to language. downloaded the german one, wasn't asked for language. after the first boot i had english as language so i change it manually and after that all the samsung stuff was back just like freezy1982.

Edited by G-KEY

Guest Freezy1982
By Original ROM...Do you mean the full ROM you have before flashing mine (Complete Samsung Apps and Wm apps) comes back?

Can you explain what happened further... It's really strange huh.gif

Yes I mean the ROM installed before I flashed yours (in this case the Original one).

It's simply to reproduce...

Go under Samsung-Options/MainSettings/ChangeLanguage and change it..

Phone makes a setup and reboot - e voilat: your have the ROM before.... (How could that be?)

PS: All Samsung App's are again there and all BugFixes are gone...

Guest daskalos
Yes I mean the ROM installed before I flashed yours (in this case the Original one).

It's simply to reproduce...

Go under Samsung-Options/MainSettings/ChangeLanguage and change it..

Phone makes a setup and reboot - e voilat: your have the ROM before.... (How could that be?)

PS: All Samsung App's are again there and all BugFixes are gone...

Oh... I tried to change language, but I got an error telling me there are no multilanguage image files...

Well this is just a theory why this is happening to your ROM....

Maybe because when you choose another language, it hard resets to flash the phone with the choosen language OS

And it gets the language pack OS in the partition of "My Storage", where the .mli file is hidden, which is your Original OS...

I'm not sure, but I think when you are flashing the ROM with Octans, Do not erase "My Storage" was enabled, leaving the .mli file in My Storage untouched (which somewhat acts as a backup)

or

Because one time, my "My Storage" disappeared and seems unmounted, so I have no choice but to Format both partitions of My Storage, erasing my original .mli, and flash this Megalite ROM, which may explain the reason why I tried to change a language there's the error " there are no multilanguage image files"

These are just theories but thanks for testing. It seems this ROM is only WWE...

Edited by daskalos

Guest G-KEY
Oh... I tried to change language, but I got an error telling me there are no multilanguage image files...

Well this is just a theory why this is happening to your ROM....

Maybe because when you choose another language, it hard resets to flash the phone with the choosen language OS

And it gets the language pack OS in the partition of "My Storage", where the .mli file is hidden, which is your Original OS...

I'm not sure, but I think when you are flashing the ROM with Octans, Do not erase "My Storage" was enabled, leaving the .mli file in My Storage untouched (which somewhat acts as a backup)

or

Because one time, my "My Storage" disappeared and seems unmounted, so I have no choice but to Format both partitions of My Storage, erasing my original .mli, and flash this Megalite ROM, which may explain the reason why I tried to change a language there's the error " there are no multilanguage image files"

These are just theories but thanks for testing. It seems this ROM is only WWE...

ok, did it once again. flashed and changed the language. now it's german but I'm not quite sure if i have the previous ROM. I had this rom before i flashed http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...ish-and-german/ . The ROM i have right now, doesn't look like my previous rom.

Edited by G-KEY

Guest daskalos
ok, did it once again. flashed and changed the language. now it's german but I'm not quite sure if i have the previous ROM. I had this rom before i flashed http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...ish-and-german/ . The ROM i have right now, doesn't look like my previous rom.

Ok... can you check if

- It has no Office

- It has no Market Place

- It has no samsung Photo Album (and other Samsung apps)

If none...then it's my ROM...check total ram and rom too

Edited by daskalos

Guest G-KEY
Ok... can you check if

- It has no Office

- It has no Market Place

- It has no samsung Photo Album (and other Samsung apps)

If none...than it's my ROM...check total ram and rom too

just checked. everything there. office marketplace, etc... now i'm confused. well thanks anyway.

Guest daskalos
just checked. everything there. office marketplace, etc... now i'm confused. well thanks anyway.

Oh, that's your original ROM

Guess this ROM is WWE...

Office Mobile Uploaded see first post

Note: Read the installation instructions

You really are pretty fast! Already downloaded it and got no problem whatsoever during installation, no hangups! Great work!

Guest Freezy1982

You are right! I leave Internal Memory untouched... That would be the cause..

And btw, same as @ G-Key => Office is installed and all Samsung Apps...

I will flash your ROM tomorrow evening once again (now i have to learn for my conclusion of my studies)

I will report, what happens if I format Internal Memory at flashing. (I think then it will be WWE only)

Thank you for support and so fast uploads of cabs!!!

PS: Perhaps you find a possibility to make it multilanguage untill tomorrow <_<

Guest santoo
Cooked a ROM and called it Megalite With

[...]

Thanks a LOT for your work, daskalos!!

I can't flash atm, but i look forward to using your rom - and extracting the progs as cabs is exceedingly cool in any case <_<

MUCH appreciated!

Very good ROM. Thank You for excellent job!

Only 1 question, where is FM Radio aplication ?

I also need this. Can there be a cab of it please?

Radio application exists. Make its link from \Windows\fmradio2.exe into Start Menu\Programs as an hotfix for the time being!

Edited by 20x

@daskalos

There is an operawidgets folder in Windows directory and it consumes about 3.4mb. Since Opera has been deleted, you can easily get rid of it too. Also two files _windows_skin.zip and _standard_skin.zip alongwith various remanats of opera from windows folder can be deleted!

Though it may sound extreme, but samsungs keyboard and xt9 if removed and packaged as cab would be a great step to get rid of more flab!

Thanks!