XXIL2 MegaLite ROM 6.5

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
@daskalos

There is an operawidgets folder in Windows directory and it consumes about 3.4mb. Since Opera has been deleted, you can easily get rid of it too. Also two files _windows_skin.zip and _standard_skin.zip alongwith various remanats of opera from windows folder can be deleted!

Though it may sound extreme, but samsungs keyboard and xt9 if removed and packaged as cab would be a great step to get rid of more flab!

Thanks!

Well that folder was generated by opera-arm4vi-widget.dll which itself is 5.72Mb

the problem is when you delete this dll and cooked the rom, samsung widgets plus will not work, so I did not delete it,

By the way there is a .tmp file (dont remember the exact name) inside windows folder which is about 15Mb that that you can safely delete for more storage.

Guest VOODOOS!L

could you create a rom without samsung widgets? and maybe create a cab for these widgets is someone likes it...

what settings did you change to get a 'speed increase on 'my storage' and 'storage card'. can be interesting to apply in other roms as well...

Thanks!

Well that folder was generated by opera-arm4vi-widget.dll which itself is 5.72Mb

the problem is when you delete this dll and cooked the rom, samsung widgets plus will not work, so I did not delete it,

By the way there is a .tmp file (dont remember the exact name) inside windows folder which is about 15Mb that that you can safely delete for more storage.

Thanks for the info! Since I don't use Samsung's Widget plus, so I successfully replaced opera-arm4vi-widget.dll with a 0 byte file. I will report if there is another issue with this.

btw, didn't find the ?.tmp file, perhaps was taken care of by sktools.

Guest RainerRabe2
Good to see we will have another custom rom <_<

Can somebody from the admin team create a new forum folder (or how its called), for example name it "B7610 Omnia Pro ROMs" and move there all theese topics:

- XXIL2 MegaLite ROM 6.5 Storage: 205Mb Free Ram 96Mb

- Custom Samsung B7610 WM6.5.5 build 23542 English and German based on IL2

- Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 New Customized ROM Release ROM

- Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2 New release!!

- HowTo: Cook a B7610 ROM With kitchen and small guide

- A simple procedure to dump a ROM Tutorial

- [ROM] WM 6.5.3 B7610_28223 Lite ROM GERMAN based on B7610NXXIL2

- secany's B7610 WM6.5 ROMs links inside

seems that the XXIL2 based roms have some issues with some devices, did not find out what it is that makes the difference (also using FCHFAN's CSC on my device now):

- Activesync cable connection does not work and kills the device, so you cannot even CHARGE the thing while connected to a PC. so there are either 2 (or more) revisions of the hardware, or the phone file ROM (only one not looked at yes) has an impact.

for me, e.g: those roms are NOT working due to that USB connection issue:

- XXIL2 MegaLite ROM 6.5 Storage: 205Mb Free Ram 96Mb

- Custom Samsung B7610 WM6.5.5 build 23542 English and German based on IL2

- [ROM] WM 6.5.3 B7610_28223 Lite ROM GERMAN based on B7610NXXIL2

- and the superlight WWE ROM

I know there are other users having the same issues, as per the replies I got on my posts.

Would be interested, what Phone ROM you have (both people where the XXIL2 based roms work and the others, where they do not), maybe we can find the reason for this split in the community into lucky and less lucky guys. Particularily interested what Phone ROM guys are using that are actually able to use the 6.5.5 version based on IL2 quoted above WITH USB activesync and Windows Vista Business 32 bit (although I tried with windows 7 64 bit, and the same symptom)

here's mine:

Phone: B7610XXIK2

PDA: now back on B7610NXXIK6 - 6.5 German stock ROM,

CSC: from fchfan B7610NBTIL4

cheers...

Guest schoelzi

Hi,

thanks a lot for the rom.

when i use front camera for self portrait the colors are kind of weird (red turns to blue and vice versa). can someone confirm this? also self mode for videos doesn't work.

Guest kiato

i love this lite ROM version!!! enough memory to enjoy our phone. <_<

Just have 1 question, how can I make "Orientation Detection" work?

i am receiving a "RegisterSMIOrientationNotifyError! Check the samsung mobile SDK runtime library."

This still occurs even after I install Samsung SDK.

This is not critical issue, just sharing the issue encountered to make this great lite ROM flawless.

Thanks again daskalos!

Guest sandeeppathak007

Cooked a ROM and called it Megalite With

Instructions:

1. Download, Extract and Flash with Octans Mini

2. [iMPORTANT] After successful booting and set up, please install The ROM fix and tweaks cab (see download link below)

3. Wait for a minute or two, then soft reset

- Install .Net Framework 3.5

- Install Samsung SDK 2.2 STD (Not Pro) in Device memory ( You need this to make Auto Rotation Work )

- Install Chainfire's Auto Close Fix patch

Hi

Thanks a lot for this Nice Rom however I could not find the Samsung SDK 2.2 STD anywhere , is it possible if you could please provide a link or the file itself.

Regards

Sandeep

Guest rybar73

Hi and many thanks daskalos for ROM seems great.

but I have one big problem! I cannot connect to ActiveSync :-( Device freeze and I have to restart again and again. Any solutions? I ma using Win7 and runs fine before flash (on WM6.5 too).

Guest daskalos
Hi and many thanks daskalos for ROM seems great.

but I have one big problem! I cannot connect to ActiveSync :-( Device freeze and I have to restart again and again. Any solutions? I ma using Win7 and runs fine before flash (on WM6.5 too).

Hmmm I'm not having problems with freezing by active sync yet...so I can't really recommend a solution...

You can try to un-check enable advanced network functionality in settings>connections>usb to pc

or trying not to run any apps while your device is still in synchronization with ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Center

Guest Freezy1982

I've got an update for you daskalos,

I have flashed another ROM to see, if the language problem (as G-KEY and me recognized) is there in other ROMs..

And it is!

If you are not deleting your internal Memory at flashing, you get your old ROM back after a language select (strange! :mellow: )

And another point I've recognized: a hard reset (like with phone service code *2767*3855#) doesn't chance the ROM at my phone.

Perhaps this Info could help you for your next Version...

I'll waiting for it and it would be a kind of you to cook it with multilanguage support <_<

Guest kiato

Thanks sandeeppathak00 for highlighting the needed items to be installed... my bad, i was installing Samsung SDK 2.0.0 Pro. <_<

OrientationDetection is working now! :mellow:

Guest new2city
Hmmm I'm not having problems with freezing by active sync yet...so I can't really recommend a solution...

You can try to un-check enable advanced network functionality in settings>connections>usb to pc

or trying not to run any apps while your device is still in synchronization with ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Center

Dunno, whether it is related or not, I also had this issue right after flashing(when I cannot access Samsung settings). I wanted to copy the ROM fix cab from daskalos to do the fix, to my SD card.. But after running the ROM fix cab, all this issue disappears.

Guest daskalos

made another lite version with 280MB storage available (removed Pro UI, Widgets Plus etc.)...if it's stable gonna upload it later

made another lite version with 280MB storage available (removed Pro UI, Widgets Plus etc.)...if it's stable gonna upload it later

This sound crazy and an explicit nude ROM. I am gonna love it like that!

Can't wait!

Guest rybar73

I found that device freeze when Windows Media Player 11 running and want Sync :-( Problem is that this sync could be disable only when device is connected.

BUT! Good to know that for this problem is not responsible this ROM but some bad drivers /settings in my Win7.

Guest VOODOOS!L

nice!! hope you can share soon...i never use the widget and pro ui so I would really appreciate..

btw, you mention it has OS 6.5 but is this 6.5.3 or another? can someone share the exact build? thx!

Edited by VOODOOS!L

Guest fier03

w8ing 4 this rom too,thanks!!!

nice!! hope you can share soon...i never use the widget and pro ui so I would really appreciate..

btw, you mention it has OS 6.5 but is this 6.5.3 or another? can someone share the exact build? thx!

The version being cooked is plain 6.5, not the 6.5.3!

Guest Bartoo

Im very glad and cant waiting for new rom.

Can you cook it with orginal multilanguage? Or make two verision. First with Multi and second with eng only? <_< It will be great

Guest ttrevelian

Only 25 mb memory in use??????? that sounds amazing. Crossing my fingers for no issues, this is becoming the rom that should have been (since day 1)

I hope you get encorage into doing more versions after finish polishing this one. 6.5.5 6.5.3 and 6.1 just so each user can have their preferred rom.

Edited by ttrevelian