Control your SPV from PC! *EDIT - New feature*

Guest DJHope

Guest drblow
I have modified Virtual CE (www.bitbanksoftware.com) to support the SmartPhone.  I have not released it yet, but I would like to get feature requests before I finalize it.  I have a working "skin" for the phone which allows all of the buttons to be pressed with the mouse and the mouse can also activate the soft menu keys.  The refresh rate is quite good over USB and you can save the session to a text file or AVI file.

Please let me know your comments.

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/vce_sp.jpg

Larry B.

Excellent idea m8!

The very fact of having mouse capability for selecting buttons on the SPV would be enough by itself! The most common thing I use the remote display prog for is writing sms messages, so it sounds nice for me.

Look forward to seeing the results!

• 2 weeks later...

it worked fine with me - it makes great impressions when i show it off! :)

but i notice that the home screen remains on (does not time out). this discharges the battery quickly...

;)

Guest TFGBD

Its not really surprising that the Smatphone supports the common Windows CE keyboard shortcuts. It supports mouse input too. Though, some of the custom Smartphone exclusive elements, don't work with a mouse. What is really interesting though, is that it still has the tap and hold circle from Pocket PC! I guess that proves it is not an original platform made from scratch, but a derivative of PPC 2002. If you want to see for yourself, you can download the Smartphone 2002 SDK and use the OS image with Connectix Emulator for Windows CE. You can also run it on actual PC hardware with loadcepc.exe and MS DOS. You should see how the Smartphone shell acts at 800x600 resolution. :)

I wonder how hard it would be to get a mouse to fit work on a retail SP... Or, someone could always write a program that lets you control the naitive CE mouse with the dir pad.

About the icon staying even after you close the program. I've seen many WinCE and even desktop Windows programs do the same thing. They usually go away when you move the mouse cursor over them. Though, I'd not sure if it would work if the systemtray doesn't support mouse input...

• 9 months later...
Guest svk

Is there any way to press the "send" and "end" buttons of the phone? I would like to be able to answer my phone while it is in the craddle and then hang up when done.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Alex_le_brit

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what exactly does the -c do when added to the created link? Is it just that it opens the prog automatically without having to click a couple of buttons (which is what it appears to do on my phone)?

Also a way to alter the refresh speed settings, as this doesn't seem to be possible using the standard Smartphone keys. If you've got some form of keyboard, I've got the Eleksen, then go to the refresh speed box, use the cursor keys to move the cursor left, then push delete on your keyboard. You can then delete the existing figure, and enter your new one. A bit long winded I know, but it does work.

• 1 month later...