TCK 0.7 for CyanogenMod 5.0.4.1 packages

Guest teknologist

Guest teknologist
Thanks for checking that combination and saving me the effort! This finally confirms that it's not the kernel as was suggested to me on the other thread, but the ROM itself, which was what I originally thought.

As for the green "charged" indicator, that's not necessarily an indicator of a 100% battery from what I've read. I'm not sure at what charge point it actually goes green, but a common "scolding" you'll get over on XDA for bringing that particular subject up is that green does not equal 100%

Today, with Pershoot's Undervoltage/OverClock .32 kernel (but not using overclock (setcpu set at 998)), after 6 hours, I am at 50% battery life, with what I would call very moderate, if not light usage. WiFi off the last three hours, strong 3G signal, etc.

I'm about ready to take Cyanogen mod off my phone. I love all it's features, but I've tried several different undervolted kernels, .32 & .33, used SetCPU, etc., and it's just a huge battery suck no matter what I do. Ironically, I haven't tried TCK with it. I guess I should, but I'm thinking of trying the Desire ROM, and I'll get a taste of TCK if I do that. ;-)

If you want to save battery also go back to ERE27 radio. Check my post in mCR topic with graphs

Guest commodoor
STUPID part of question redacted (but you can see it quoted by someone else below).

Still curious if this kernel has the same feature: We're discussing our annoyance with the failure to charge batteries over 90% charge state already on the CM kitchen thread; I'm curious if yours has it.

Ok i don't want to be pain in the a** but today i flashed MCR1.8 and tried the battery ""issue"" (i know not a real issue like stated by mikrown) and its the same as the CM. it's not a Rom nor a kernel issue. but again who is charging his phone if its 97%?? haha

Guest DistortedLoop
Ok i don't want to be pain in the a** but today i flashed MCR1.8 and tried the battery ""issue"" (i know not a real issue like stated by mikrown) and its the same as the CM. it's not a Rom nor a kernel issue. but again who is charging his phone if its 97%?? haha

Me?

Since my battery life has pretty much sucked, regardless of radio image, kernel, undervolting, SetCPU-ing, turning off sync services, etc., I'd pretty much like the ability to get my battery to 100% before walking out the door in the morning. At my rate of discharge (somewhere around 8-12% per hour it seems), that extra 3% juice could be another 15-20 minutes battery life while out and about away from a charger. That could be the difference between completing a call or not. Granted, that's just hypothetical, and I'm clearly just going to have to live with the Nexus One not having the battery life of an iPhone. <_<

Guest teknologist
Me?

Since my battery life has pretty much sucked, regardless of radio image, kernel, undervolting, SetCPU-ing, turning off sync services, etc., I'd pretty much like the ability to get my battery to 100% before walking out the door in the morning. At my rate of discharge (somewhere around 8-12% per hour it seems), that extra 3% juice could be another 15-20 minutes battery life while out and about away from a charger. That could be the difference between completing a call or not. Granted, that's just hypothetical, and I'm clearly just going to have to live with the Nexus One not having the battery life of an iPhone. <_<

You should inspect the apps you have installed, there might be some app draining battery in an unusual way !

Guest DistortedLoop
You should inspect the apps you have installed, there might be some app draining battery in an unusual way !

Yeah, it's got to be something in there sucking down, but I can't find it. I'll keep plodding away.

Guest teknologist
Yeah, it's got to be something in there sucking down, but I can't find it. I'll keep plodding away.

Check with OSMonitor fro high CPU usage processes...you might need to check from time to time...

Guest hah2110

If I have the new Teknologist .7 Kernel with 5.0.4.1, do I need to use SetCPU at all? If so, with what settings? Also - if I install a new ROM, do I flash this back afterwards?

Edited by hah2110

Guest commodoor
If I have the new Teknologist .7 Kernel with 5.0.4.1, do I need to use SetCPU at all? If so, with what settings? Also - if I install a new ROM, do I flash this back afterwards?

you don't have to use SetCPU anymore. UV kernel does the same what SetCPU does. you can still use it to lower the CPU usage. but you don't have to use the profiles like lowering the cpu when in sleep.

Guest hah2110
you don't have to use SetCPU anymore. UV kernel does the same what SetCPU does. you can still use it to lower the CPU usage. but you don't have to use the profiles like lowering the cpu when in sleep.

Thanks - but what about the advanced settings? No one touches on those. Also.... This is weird. I have been reading about the battery charing issues with this kernel/ROMs and here is what just happened to me (I'm .7+CM 5.0.4.1)

1) Unplug phone after night's charge

2) Phone "full" at 98%

3) Phone is using for an hour and a half

4) Phone is at 93%

5) Plug phone in, green light on, phone is at 94% a minute later

6) Walk the dog, come back to wipe battery stats.... Phone is still "full" but at 91%!!!!

What happened here?